Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Primal sounds really awesome the more I read about it. Is there a way to make the invoker Primal?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
I almost definitely do not want to be the big beefy guy this time.

I'm fine with Divine as a power source, but I'd like that to be hammered down so I can start making my guy.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
I'm good with this. I also support the One God Plan. Or, am cool with Two God Plan, if we wanted to just make it a two-god coop deal. What Pantheon are we using again?

I'm also down for whateverthefuck Gods too, but One/Two God Plans gives us a reason to stick together and whatnot.

edit: Aw, there's no monk-like class. Saddest boosh. Let me do class research and I'll pick.

edit 2: Unless you guys are ok with my being a Monk but being a Divine powered one not a Psionic powered one? I dunno if that's acceptable.

Yngwie Mangosteen fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Aug 19, 2014

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Ok. With the ability to be a Godmonk I'm totally down with anything and super pumped. I've a huge nerdboner for monk-like classes, all fast and weaponless.

Leader with striker tendencies sounds really cool, btw and it lets the last guy do whatever he gently caress he wants to.

Plus a monk of Avandra sounds really cool. Basically walk around all day beating up jailer-god bros and protecting merchants from bandits and whatnot. Sounds ace as hell.

Yngwie Mangosteen fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Aug 19, 2014

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
I wouldn't mind a free one, I could do Dex or Wis quite easily with my monk.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Al Baron posted:

Yeah. I'm going Rogue but doing more of a range build. I might end up multi-class with a ranger.

Question: Are themes and backgrounds required? I'll probably take the local thieves guild background from the player's guide but where are themes from? I'm assuming some issues of Dragon?

So you're not going to go down a Divine worshipping path? It's not required or anything, just curious.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Cerepol posted:

Alright so my first character idea is gone atm, as I just realized the "burning sky" aspect of the campaign causes teleports to deal 1 fire damage per sq. Now normally it wouldn't matter as I am a Tiefling (Fire Res 5+1/2level) but I also want to teleport you guys to safety or to the enemy, which now incurs some damage whenever I would do so.

Gonna look more into the Warlord I guess.

We're not sticking to the Divine theme anyway, so just be whatever you want.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

kaynorr posted:

In terms of bringing the party together, we can go with either of the two standard options of "we already know each other" or "meeting for the first time that night". The adventure can accommodate either option; if we go with the latter one, it will help if everyone has some sort of hook in their character where they'd be willing to do a pretty big favor for someone in the city of Gate Pass. If everyone already knows each other, you'll want to come up with a collective backstory that brings together a bunch of just-starting-out scrub heroes.

This would be way easier if we just all went Divine. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
I'm going to have to bow out, sorry. You might see if that NutritiousSnack guy wants to take my place.

• Locked thread