Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Luneshot
Mar 10, 2014

Deadpool posted:

I read on Twitter that someone said they added Connor, the kid that died that was a fan of Bryan's, to the new tag at the beginning of the show. Did anyone see or get a picture of that? If so that is amazingly cool.

That's awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Luneshot posted:

That's awesome.

Wow, thanks. And yes, that is very awesome.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

No SWEAT button?

Just finished watching last night's show, that last match was just about loving perfect. Like, if you were going to fantasy book Brock Lesnar taking on John cena, you'd book 15 minutes of Cena trying to get in some offense - any offense at all - and Brock laughing it off and pummeling him. The fact that they did it speaks really well of the new direction they want to go in to build a monster to get slain, and if the right guy slays him, I could see a real renewed period of interest starting.

Pariah Rex
May 31, 2011

If I help you now it sets a bad example to my fans.
Other than that first segment with the Bella's that was a pretty good RAW all around. Also I said it when he first turned and I'll say it again. WWE has a terrible habit of making the heels awesome and well rounded characters and the faces lame one dimensional dorks so It's cool to see Seth Rollins as a heel that you actually want to route against.

Also i'm not sure if I should put this here or in a different thread but because of Bork Lazer you guys have to pick a wrestling T-Shirt for me to buy (up to $40) so I can complete my :toxx: of wearing it for a whole day taking pictures in it with people.

The only suggestions so far are the Jack Swagger we the people shirt and Always Pounding rear end, which I looked for but couldn't find on ebay or anything so If that's what the forum wants somebody will have to find a place where I can buy it.

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Forceholy posted:

Wait, why'd they kill the new nation. Speaking of them, I haven't seen Big E, Kofi, or Woods on Raw recently. Are they in Superstars hell?

They showed up in matching ring gear for the return of Lesnar before Summerslam, and Kofi and Big E were lumberjacks in that same red/white/black gear.

Writer Cath posted:

Heath Slater is now #1 Babyface and is Alive.

You spelled "Dolph Zigger" awfully weird.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Sigma posted:

They showed up in matching ring gear for the return of Lesnar before Summerslam, and Kofi and Big E were lumberjacks in that same red/white/black gear.

You spelled "Dolph Zigger" awfully weird.

Ziggler/Slater

The New Megapowers

Luneshot
Mar 10, 2014

Pariah Rex posted:

Also i'm not sure if I should put this here or in a different thread but because of Bork Lazer you guys have to pick a wrestling T-Shirt for me to buy (up to $40) so I can complete my :toxx: of wearing it for a whole day taking pictures in it with people.

The only suggestions so far are the Jack Swagger we the people shirt and Always Pounding rear end, which I looked for but couldn't find on ebay or anything so If that's what the forum wants somebody will have to find a place where I can buy it.

kidcoelacanth made this shirt.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Writer Cath posted:

Heath Slater is now #1 Babyface and is Alive.

save_us.1mb

Pariah Rex posted:

http://barbershopwindow.com/hardcore-wrestling.html

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

I effed up

WrasslorMonkey fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Aug 19, 2014

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

Pariah Rex posted:

Other than that first segment with the Bella's that was a pretty good RAW all around. Also I said it when he first turned and I'll say it again. WWE has a terrible habit of making the heels awesome and well rounded characters and the faces lame one dimensional dorks so It's cool to see Seth Rollins as a heel that you actually want to route against.

I nominate this shirt: http://shop.wwe.com/Zack-Ryder-Sssi...rrent-zackryder

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
By the way, am I correct in understanding that Dean did the finger gun again? It was tough to see due to camera angle, but I'm pretty sure he did. I really hope Dean and Roman both continue to do it. I don't care how silly that is, I just think it's an awesome taunt.

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

Pariah Rex posted:

This one

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Pariah Rex posted:

gently caress the shirt wear this: http://shop.wwe.com/Hornswoggle-Finger-Ring/W06516,default,pd.html?dwvar_W06516_color=No%20Color&start=1&cgid=superstar-current-hornswoggle

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

@Deadpool, a request I absolutely couldn't refuse

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

WrasslorMonkey posted:

You are the best man. The best.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

You're gonna have to outbid me for this one because I need to have this shirt

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Fauxhawk Express posted:

Dean and Ishii are my favorite workers on the planet right now.

good opinions. too sweet me

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

WrasslorMonkey posted:

Put this in every WWE OP for the next month.

NULL_SIGNAL
Feb 19, 2013

Pariah Rex posted:

The obvious answer is a tasteful v-neck.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Luneshot posted:

That's awesome.

This shot replaced David Otunga.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Daniel Bryan posted:

This shot replaced David Otunga.

WWE granted my wish.

...OH NO. :ohdear:

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Gavok posted:

WWE granted my wish.

Mr. Rollins will be visiting you in the morning.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

WrasslorMonkey posted:

I'm older than Dean? Goddammit I'm an old fart. :smith:

And 2 new champs who both lose on the same show, stellar booking. :downsbravo:

Good show beyond that.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Alteisen posted:

the tag champs lost too! :pseudo:

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
http://www.sbnation.com/wrestling/2014/8/14/5995365/wwe-summerslam-2014-roman-reigns-interview-hair-bees

quote:

Bo Dallas is the moistest of the moist. No member of the WWE roster is more wet than Bo Dallas. "Oh, man," says Reigns, laughing. "Bo ... I really hope this becomes a thing and he takes all the heat off [The Shield members] for being wet. He is ... it's ridiculous how wet he gets. He wears a merch shirt. It looks like he's got one of those surf shirts on, like he's at a water park or something. It's ridiculous. I think me and Seth would be the second-wettest.

"We have have had a discussion, a group of us, talking about who's the wettest. I said, 'I usually bring, I dunno, a couple water bottles.' And [Bo] was like, 'Bro, try five.' He dumps five water bottles on his head before he goes out there."

This is important.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Gavok posted:

WWE granted my wish.

It's alright, after Seth kills you he'll drop you in the cloning tank to be reborn as Carnage.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
Moistness rankings are a real thing. I love it.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
A lot of cool poo poo happened this week so people probably overlooked that cool part where Miz gave a rambley promo where he horned in the word "A-lister" as fluidly as a corkscrew through a colon, then Dolph sez "you ain't an A Lister you're an A-hole" then Ric Flair Woos.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Hm... Roman Reigns, Brie Bella... Kofi Kingston will join them next!

But I think they could turn Orton and have him fight Seth or Lesnar.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Dean/Seth was great and all but you're kidding yourself if you say that Ryback's 60 seconds of crazy face-heat plus Orton's goofy tag to him weren't the best part of the show.

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting

Luneshot posted:

That's awesome.

He deserves to be in there, he has a clean pinfall win over Triple H!

But yeah. Keep that in there for years and years. Give him the life cruel chance did not.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

That's a good interview. He also talks about a few weeks ago when that little girl gave him a bearhug when he was walking down the aisle.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

kidcoelacanth posted:

Dean/Seth was great and all but you're kidding yourself if you say that Ryback's 60 seconds of crazy face-heat plus Orton's goofy tag to him weren't the best part of the show.

I want Ryback to come out to the ring eating one of those restaurant platter Rice Krispies Treats.

Perdido
Apr 29, 2009

CORY SCHNEIDER IS FAR MORE MENTALLY STABLE THAN LUONGO AND CAN HANDLE THE PRESSURES OF GOALTENDING IN VANCOUVER
Paul Heyman just needs 20 minutes every night on television.

I don't care if RAW is on or not. Just give him 20 loving minutes. :allears:

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Fauxhawk Express posted:

Dean and Ishii are my favorite workers on the planet right now.

Great choices. Dean and Rollins really remind me of Stone Cold and HBK back in the day. Their chemistry is amazing and that match tonight was even better because we don't see stunts like that every day. Between BROCK LESNAR, Heyman, Rusev, Wyatt (still a big fan) and all three former Shield guys this is a good time to be a fan. I just hope they have the balls to continue in this direction as it would be such a let down if they PG rapadoo'd in a month. Heal fast D-Bry and get your dream match with BROCK LESNAR. Also get Punk to come back in a year or two.

edit:

Perdido posted:

Amen!

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

i'm wearing this poo poo to BOLA hi mom

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Perdido posted:

Tonight at 6pm: News, Sports, Weather, MY CLIENT

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

THE BIG GUY was soooo happy tonight, it was amazing.

:allears:

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011
It should be noted, my grandfather and mother whom never seen wrestling at all since the Attitude Era, both like and are highly by entertained by Dean loving Ambrose. The only other wrestlers to do that being the Rock and Austin. Both of them not liking Bryan, Cena, or Reigns in the slightest.

I do think he really is going to be their next big star, because he just doesn't have IT like Bryan or Reigns does. He has something else entirely, as well as IT. He still isn't as good in the ring as Bryan, but gently caress if he isn't so talented that it doesn't really matter. Plus his promos are golden.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Alteisen posted:

I'm older than Dean? Goddammit I'm an old fart. :smith:

Good show beyond that.

I'm surprised that I'm a year younger than the man. It's getting to where the young talent will actually be younger than me.

• Locked thread