Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.
Halfway through Raw I had a sudden sinking feeling that the only guy that can take the belt off Lesnar is the Rock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug
Austin didn't care about Rock's IC belt, which he tossed into the river. I believe he said something to the effect of only caring about the world title.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Jazz Hoyt posted:

Good news! He's a heel. You're not supposed to look forward to him coming out. Horrible face theme, good heel theme.

This is why I maintain Matt Striker has the best heel theme of all time, with that incredibly grating bell to open it.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

BlueArmyMan posted:

I get that, but my recollection was that Austin gave no care to being the face of the WWE either. Am I wrong in that memory?

EDIT: Austin the character that is.

"The face of the WWE" is such a weird concept anyway. I prefer to think of it as "the top guy". Austin wanted to be the best, he wanted to kick everyone's rear end and be the man. If a wrestler doesn't want that then there's no point really, unless you're a midcard comedy guy.

Austin always wanted the title, just as much as he wanted to kick Vince's rear end. He was legit pissed whenever he lost it or was screwed out of it.

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

Two Beans posted:

Austin didn't care about Rock's IC belt, which he tossed into the river. I believe he said something to the effect of only caring about the world title.

I remember that, and going bonkers when he tossed it. I've always been a big fan of the IC belt.

triplexpac posted:

Austin always wanted the title, just as much as he wanted to kick Vince's rear end. He was legit pissed whenever he lost it or was screwed out of it.

I guess I'm wrong then, because I vaguely remember some of Austin's promos leading up to his first title win, and even some after, talking about how he didn't care about having the belt, but didn't mind having it cuz it made McMahon mad.

That was what made his later turn so striking to me, because suddenly he cared about the belt, when before he had no desire to be part of the establishment or what have you.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
So how long is Dean expected to be out filming his movie? Also, how the hell did Dean Ambrose get picked for the lead role of a movie? I know it's a WWE Studio movie, but still.

MisterGBH
Dec 6, 2010

Eric Bischoff is full of shit
Austin used to lob the belt into the ring before climbing through the ropes (the IC at least) that certainly seems like title didnt matter that much to him.

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...

Rhonne posted:

So how long is Dean expected to be out filming his movie? Also, how the hell did Dean Ambrose get picked for the lead role of a movie? I know it's a WWE Studio movie, but still.

3 weeks, so he should be back for HiaC.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

BlueArmyMan posted:

I guess I'm wrong then, because I vaguely remember some of Austin's promos leading up to his first title win, and even some after, talking about how he didn't care about having the belt, but didn't mind having it cuz it made McMahon mad.

You might be right, I might just be projecting my own thoughts of what a top guy should be onto Austin. I can't imagine booking your #1 babyface to not care about the title, but maybe that's how they treated Austin.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

MisterGBH posted:

Austin used to lob the belt into the ring before climbing through the ropes (the IC at least) that certainly seems like title didnt matter that much to him.

I throw my cat onto the couch but she still matters to me.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

maybe they will bring back kurt angle to feud with bork

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

triplexpac posted:

You might be right, I might just be projecting my own thoughts of what a top guy should be onto Austin. I can't imagine booking your #1 babyface to not care about the title, but maybe that's how they treated Austin.

That's the pain of it; I can't look up YouTube stuff at work (not easily at least), and trying to remember poo poo from when I was 15-16 is becoming increasingly difficult :v:

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
Ambrose is great and I love him.

I also love that the crowd was super into the match and him and Seth are both over.

He's like a mixture of Austin and Pillman :allears:

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

http://www.theonion.com/articles/te...fault:1:Default

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

Johanns Molemann posted:

maybe they will bring back kurt angle to feud with bork

Yes, then they could do matches with 16 German Suplexes except none of them get sold.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
I really hope Ambrose got the push Bryan got because he's better.

BETTER!

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

Why cookie Rocket posted:

Halfway through Raw I had a sudden sinking feeling that the only guy that can take the belt off Lesnar is the Rock.

I read a report that this was Vince's ideal end game for Lesnar's title run. Boggles my mind cause it just seems so stupid to devalue your entire roster (and your genre, for that matter) like that. "No one in pro wrestling can beat this UFC guy! Our only hope is a movie star!" Build up a regular roster guy to take it from him. gently caress, I'd rather Cena take the belt back from Brock over Rocky doing it.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

When I saw the title, I was hoping it would have a pic of Ambrose crying after he curb stomped Rollins.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

Perry Normal posted:

I read a report that this was Vince's ideal end game for Lesnar's title run. Boggles my mind cause it just seems so stupid to devalue your entire roster (and your genre, for that matter) like that. "No one in pro wrestling can beat this UFC guy! Our only hope is a movie star!" Build up a regular roster guy to take it from him. gently caress, I'd rather Cena take the belt back from Brock over Rocky doing it.

I love Rocky but the guy is so pumped full of designer steroids that in a match with Brock all his muscles would probably tear at once.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Perry Normal posted:

He and Austin can come back as the New Outsiders and run wild on everyone until their bodies fall apart, then Vince declares bankruptcy as there are no more wrestlers left to conquer.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I was going through the gif thread from the 1st page onwards, and man a lot has changed this year. The Shield memories alone. Remember when Seth was a child from a broken home. Now he's an assassin who murdered his brother Godfather 2 style.

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

Isn't Batista/Brock supposed to be a thing, because of their mutual MMA stints? When is Batista due back?

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

WWEBigE posted:

Thanks for bearing w the absence of @TrueKofi, @XavierWoodsPhD, and I the last 3 RAWs as we shoot Madea Loses Her Tax Refund in a Dice Game.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Perry Normal posted:

Yeah, my thoughts exactly. Though I don't understand how you can logically build anyone on the roster up to be the guy that beats Lesnar. They've given Brock what I think can be safely called unprecedentedly high kayfabe "stats". Bryan's WM30 victory made sense because he beat up an old suit, then beat two other fairly "normal" guys in a 3-way match, and arguably only because an established quitter tapped out.

Whoever beats Lesnar, you have to be able to mentally picture him breaking Undertaker's streak and throwing Cena around like a toddler. They could try to build somebody up to that level by WM31 but it's going to look pretty shaky unless it's done perfectly. This is all assuming someone pins Lesnar clean to get the belt off of him, of course.

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.
I still don't have faith that WWE will actually keep the belt on Brock til Mania. I just feel like they're gonna have a stretch of a few abysmally rated Raws (as they often do late in the year) and then panic and have someone beat Brock at the Rumble or even before to pop a rating.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Ugh, another Madea movie.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I would give almost anything to see the New Nation triple-powerbomb Tyler Perry.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Mine was his reaction to Jake the Snake's music hitting; it wasn't "Oh poo poo, I better run for the hills!", so much as "More people to hit? I am intrigued!"

I like to think Dean's reaction was more like "Dad? When did they let you out of prison!?"

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

He's like a mixture of Austin and Pillman :allears:

Dave Meltzer has said he reminds him of Terry Funk in the past and I can see that a lot too, particularly in the way he sells

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Cardboard Box posted:

Dave Meltzer has said he reminds him of Terry Funk in the past and I can see that a lot too, particularly in the way he sells

my skull, Glenn, my skull

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Cardboard Box posted:

And that's one of the nicest compliments Dave could give, since he loving loves Terry Funk.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

Thauros posted:

And that's one of the nicest compliments Dave could give, since he loving loves Terry Funk.

I can't wait to hear Dean's album

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

I want to see Dean Ambrose no-sell a horse kicking him

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
They're working on a Roadhouse remake, I hear....

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Thauros posted:

oh yeah Dave's super high on Ambrose, on the most recent podcast he said that Ambrose could easily be the top guy, WWE just needs to realize it

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

fatherdog posted:

They're working on a Roadhouse remake, I hear....

I did not know that I wanted Dean Ambrose in place of Patrick Swayze in all of Swayze's films until now.

e:
Kurt Russel, too, while we're at it.

sleepingbuddha
Nov 4, 2010

It's supposed to look like a smashed cinnamon roll

Orgophlax posted:

Isn't Batista/Brock supposed to be a thing, because of their mutual MMA stints? When is Batista due back?

Batista doesn't quite have the MMA credentials that Lesnar has. I don't think anyone is asking for this either.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Did they say they were going to have a special on the former Shield members on the Network this week?

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

sleepingbuddha posted:

Batista doesn't quite have the MMA credentials that Lesnar has. I don't think anyone is asking for this either.

Not Batista.

Drax.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Spikeguy posted:

Did they say they were going to have a special on the former Shield members on the Network this week?

Yep. Tomorrow night at 8 Eastern, Road to Summerslam with the former Shield members. Head to head with Impact.

• Locked thread