Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Spermgod posted:

Will Kurt Angle be available by that point? If they're serious about this booking him in a high-profile match would be a strong draw for American fans unfamiliar with their product.

How about not having an actual in-ring death on PPV

Just took another look at the OP and Taichi/Desperado is the Suzukigun junior tag team going forward? That's a disappointment, Taichi and TAKA had a great heel act going.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Spermgod posted:

Will Kurt Angle be available by that point? If they're serious about this booking him in a high-profile match would be a strong draw for American fans unfamiliar with their product.

I don't think he can get in with his DUI, unless thats been expunged?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Tonfa posted:

Just took another look at the OP and Taichi/Desperado is the Suzukigun junior tag team going forward? That's a disappointment, Taichi and TAKA had a great heel act going.

TAKA is only a part-timer now, doing indy dates and running K-Dojo I'd imagine.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

Tonfa posted:

I don't think they've ever demonstrated any particular concern for the wellbeing of talent. Ishii is still working after all.

edit: I should clarify that I don't think he is actually at risk of dying in the ring if he just has one match. Obviously they would not want that.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

Mauro Ranallo & Matt Striker

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Spermgod posted:

edit: I should clarify that I don't think he is actually at risk of dying in the ring if he just has one match. Obviously they would not want that.

If you mean Kurt Angle, he's came back from an injury and then instantly got injured. He's in such bad shape that even TNA doesn't want him to wrestle anymore.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
he knows..

KungFu Grip posted:

If you mean Kurt Angle, he's came back from an injury and then instantly got injured. He's in such bad shape that even TNA doesn't want him to wrestle anymore.

I'm sure it would be a very bad idea on his part and I don't really want to see it either as a fan or as a decent human being but I don't think he would LITERALLY DIE and given that this is wrestling I'm sure New Japan would do it if they thought the exposure was worth however much he'd want.

Spermgod fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Aug 28, 2014

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

El Gallinero Gros posted:

TAKA is only a part-timer now, doing indy dates and running K-Dojo I'd imagine.

That was reported months ago but the dude's been on virtually every tour since in at least a managerial role. Hell, he was around for the G1 despite his presence really not being necessary.

D Lambent
Jul 28, 2014
As someone whose NJPW knowledge is basically just Day 1 of the G1 Climax this year so far, honest question:

Is there a cooler man on Earth than Shinsuke Nakamura? I am already totally infatuated with this man and I just saw the Pharrell video where he dances and I can't stop replaying it. God drat.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

I don't know

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I really want Shinsuke to be World Champion.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

D Lambent posted:

As someone whose NJPW knowledge is basically just Day 1 of the G1 Climax this year so far, honest question:

Is there a cooler man on Earth than Shinsuke Nakamura? I am already totally infatuated with this man and I just saw the Pharrell video where he dances and I can't stop replaying it. God drat.

tomoaki honma

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

epitasis posted:

tomoaki honma

Honma is cool but Nakamura is Swagsuke for a drat reason.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

D Lambent posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wxw1cCLxtO8

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010
shinsuke's ring gear makes no sense to me. Do his tights run into his boots, and then have coverings running over that?

either way, v. cool

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

If it's Mauro Renallo, I probably won't even watch the version with Japanese commentary just to spite them for being retarded.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

subs not dubs

Mystery Opponent
Sep 27, 2006

but u was a real nigga
i could sense it in u
Imagine the clever nicknames that Matt Striker couls come up with if he was commentating on NJPW

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Mystery Opponent posted:

Imagine the clever nicknames that Matt Striker couls come up with if he was commentating on NJPW

Yoshi Tatsu is gonna be really hurt when Striker just transfers the nickname "Poison Fist of the Pacific Rim" to Tomohiro Ishii.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

oatgan posted:

subs not dubs

Yuri lowenthal for promo translation v.o.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
So from the way Dave talked about it on Observer Radio it sounds like the PPV thing is most likely happening. He thinks it's a bad idea because they don't have TV, but after seeing how ROH did they want to try it for themselves. I wonder how many buys they'd have to do to break even - I can't imagine that many since they'd be taping the thing anyway, they just have to pay for the announcers and whatever promotion they do. Would ROH have information about how many buys they did in areas where they don't have TV?

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Mystery Opponent posted:

He wouldn't call the matches, he'd just stay silent most of the time and then occasionally list off a title from his collection of animes.

Del Raminos
Feb 13, 2012

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

there's also a European distributor now:

http://www.njpweurope.com
http://twitter.com/NJPWEurope

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
I know it's unlikely but I really hope they come up with a way for us to keep watching shows live. Tape delay with possible edits just isn't the same

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

£18 for t-shirt and delivery, AND free stickers.

There is a god and he is merciful.

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010
Student loans could not come sooner. Gonna get my sick Bullet Club, Shinsuke and NJPW shirts for wearing round the house.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

I know it's unlikely but I really hope they come up with a way for us to keep watching shows live. Tape delay with possible edits just isn't the same

I'm sure they'd still do an ippv option, this is them trying (and probably failing) to reach a new audience.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..

Thauros posted:

I'm sure they'd still do an ippv option, this is them trying (and probably failing) to reach a new audience.

DAVE SAYS that doing a live iPPV probably wouldn't fly with the PPV people. It'll still be on Nico though I'd imagine?

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Huh, I missed that and NJPW news is usually the main thing I look for when a new issue is released.

That would suck then.

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

£18 for t-shirt and delivery, AND free stickers.

There is a god and he is merciful.

You have my wallet, New Japan

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Yottsume sold so many NJPW t-shirts they gave him a wholesale account and he's now a vendor and has a website.

http://puroresushop.com/

Prices are similar to One Hour Tees, but I'd rather buy from Yottsume because he's a super swell guy, he works drat hard, and it supports him directly in his translating efforts

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Huh, that's cool. I thought he wasn't on the best of terms with the company.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

HEck yeah I just bought six packs each of the BOSJ and G1 kinpuro cards.

And also a Tiger Mask keychain.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Flameingblack posted:

Yottsume sold so many NJPW t-shirts they gave him a wholesale account and he's now a vendor and has a website.

http://puroresushop.com/

Prices are similar to One Hour Tees, but I'd rather buy from Yottsume because he's a super swell guy, he works drat hard, and it supports him directly in his translating efforts

I need to keep bugging him on Twitter to see if I can head to a show and get him a beer for his efforts. If he's moved on up to having something more than "just ask this dude on twitter" than that is AWESOME.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I'm sad CHAOS and Suzuki-gun don't have stuff on there.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I'm sad CHAOS and Suzuki-gun don't have stuff on there.

Suzuki-gun's not on there because MiSu does his own merch and sells it on piledriver.jp . Maybe yottsume can get it like Mutoh's stuff if enough people ask?

Nagata's walkout shirts are also done through an outside company instead of NJPW so you aren't going to see those either.

EDIT: El Hijo Del Helmsley just asked him on twitter about MiSU merch and he said he's working on it.

Thauros fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Aug 30, 2014

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

I'm seriously starting a collection of NJPW scarf/muffler towels, since they're easy to get now.

Started with the red and white regular NJPW one, and the black and gold Rainmaker one.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
OneHourTees IS. NOT. HAPPY.

@OneHourTees posted:

If your way of getting t-shirt sales is to knock the success, quality and products everyone already loves then you will go no where in life

@OneHourTees posted:

The people who want to support njpw and dont care about "authenticity" buy from pwtees.

& my personal favorite:

Some Guy posted:

@OneHourTees are you trying to cut a promo on dissatisfied customers? You're a store, not a wrestler, that's not how it works

@OneHourTees posted:

we arent a store we are a movement

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

"The people who want to support njpw and dont care about "authenticity" buy from pwtees."

So...the official merch, direct from NJPW, isn't authentic?

"Nah man, those aren't authentic, what you want are my screen-printed knockoffs."

• Locked thread