Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

So who gave Colt the One Hour Tees password?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

to be fair yottsume has been talking constant poo poo about pwtees since the day it was announced they'd be printing new japan shirts I'm surprised it took them this long to get annoyed about it

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

dsriggs posted:

OneHourTees IS. NOT. HAPPY.

& my personal favorite:

that is some serious asspain

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
apparently one hour tees sold the pack part of a nakamura shirt as a separate tshirt and people are calling them out on that

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

NickRoweFillea posted:

that is some serious asspain

@OneHourTees posted:

if you base "customer service" on how people tweet then we don't want your business broski

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

epitasis posted:

to be fair yottsume has been talking constant poo poo about pwtees since the day it was announced they'd be printing new japan shirts I'm surprised it took them this long to get annoyed about it

well, it went from "dude you order as an intermediary from Japan via twitter" to "oh crap, he has a web site with cheap international shipping and ALL of NJPW's stuff on it." It's a big threat, and undermines their current deal to print licensed stuff in the U.S.

That doesn't excuse their actions now though. You don't win and keep customers by behaving like that.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I've never even heard of PWTees, are OneHourTees complaining about Yottsume's shop?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

theyre the same thing

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
I wish I had read this thread before I ordered from PWT.

Punch McLightning fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Sep 1, 2014

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

epitasis posted:

theyre the same thing
Then they're being giant babies and they're also spreading false information. I'd buy a shirt from Yottsume out of spite of OHT.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

PWT is fine in my book because they sent me a bonus shirt but yeah I'ma buy from yottsume because you can get kinpuro cards and now I've got BOSJ and G1 packs en route too sweet me

LIKEINEEDTHIS
Oct 3, 2012

by Smythe
I ordered one of the new dropkick Okada shirts from PWTees a few weeks ago before I knew Yottsume had an online store which I finally picked up today. I was happy with it but now I am reading this thread wearing this print screened tee, bemoaning the lack of official tags and feeling pretty sorry for myself. Can anyone attest to the quality of the authentic merch put out by NJPW through Yottsume compared to what PWTees prints on, or else your typical cruddy WWE merch?

Will most likely shop through Yottsume regardless because merch like this is just too sweet

http://puroresushop.com/collections/shinsuke-nakamura/products/njpw-3-magazine-collabo-shisnuke-nakamura-make-up-t-shirt

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I suppose PWTees does still have exclusive domain over XL shirts and above which is probably 75% of their business anyway

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

epitasis posted:

I suppose PWTees does still have exclusive domain over XL shirts and above which is probably 75% of their business anyway

Yeah, and if anyone has a question I can translate the sizes for them too. But I'm a big dude and have a lion mark baseball-style NJPW shirt and it fits alright, so you too can get the classic King of Sports New Japan Pro Wrestling shirt as well.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

LIKEINEEDTHIS posted:

I ordered one of the new dropkick Okada shirts from PWTees a few weeks ago before I knew Yottsume had an online store which I finally picked up today. I was happy with it but now I am reading this thread wearing this print screened tee, bemoaning the lack of official tags and feeling pretty sorry for myself. Can anyone attest to the quality of the authentic merch put out by NJPW through Yottsume compared to what PWTees prints on, or else your typical cruddy WWE merch?

Will most likely shop through Yottsume regardless because merch like this is just too sweet

http://puroresushop.com/collections/shinsuke-nakamura/products/njpw-3-magazine-collabo-shisnuke-nakamura-make-up-t-shirt

My Nakamura shirt from Puroshop is hella comfy and one of the few shirts I like that has poo poo on the back.

I keep meaning to order poo poo from PWTs but everytime I go apeshit and there's $200 worth of shirts in my cart and have to put them all back because that's nuts and I can't decide what I really want.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

If you're in the UK a whole load of NJPW guys including Liger, AJ and Tanahashi are going to be on a show in Gloucester in October.

Del Raminos
Feb 13, 2012

Wow, I guess Tanahashi used to rock out a little differently http://www.ebay.com/itm/UNUSED-with...=item2ed61a61b7

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

Del Raminos posted:

Wow, I guess Tanahashi used to rock out a little differently http://www.ebay.com/itm/UNUSED-with...=item2ed61a61b7

He has a different look in CMLL because the majority of the NJPW/Japanese wrestlers in CMLL are a part of La Ola Amarilla. I don't know if the stable still exists, but it was a thing when he won the Universal Championship tournament a few years back.

Del Raminos
Feb 13, 2012

That bird person...

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I like that Tana better

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Del Raminos posted:

That bird person...

It's no Quemonito.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WF8tfKmIRs8

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Flameingblack posted:

Then they're being giant babies and they're also spreading false information. I'd buy a shirt from Yottsume out of spite of OHT.

A company that has heavy ties to Colt Cabana is run by butthurt whiners. Who would've thought?

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
For a bit that's such a significant part of his gimmick Tana's air guitar is really half assed tbh

Del Raminos
Feb 13, 2012

Spermgod posted:

For a bit that's such a significant part of his gimmick Tana's air guitar is really half assed tbh

I recall him getting super into it when Marty Friedman was performing his theme at Wrestle Kingdom 8.

Thank you for this.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

NJPW should really find another US Tees distributor because One Hour Tees has the worst social marketing I've ever seen outside of indie videogame devs.

Dude is literally having a meltdown over tags on shirt like the NJPW japan merch has.

Ok Let's Fix This!
1. No our shirts don't have the tags but we ship faster and its still cheaper than importing from japan
2. You can get other merch too! We have hundreds, possibly thousands of other shirt design from the wrestlers you love
3. You're helping a local business deeply entrenched in supporting the indie wrestling scene

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

coconono posted:

NJPW should really find another US Tees distributor because One Hour Tees has the worst social marketing I've ever seen outside of indie videogame devs.

Dude is literally having a meltdown over tags on shirt like the NJPW japan merch has.

Ok Let's Fix This!
1. No our shirts don't have the tags but we ship faster and its still cheaper than importing from japan
2. You can get other merch too! We have hundreds, possibly thousands of other shirt design from the wrestlers you love
3. You're helping a local business deeply entrenched in supporting the indie wrestling scene

They don't need one, Yottsume has it covered now. Don't blame the guy in a way for being pissed that he has a new competitor offering a superior product for the same price, but this is the worst way of handling it.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

part 2:

coconono fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Sep 2, 2014

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I'll always love people saying anyone posting on the internet is "in their mom's basement"

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.
:( Blocked, there goes my entertainment

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Thauros posted:

They don't need one, Yottsume has it covered now. Don't blame the guy in a way for being pissed that he has a new competitor offering a superior product for the same price, but this is the worst way of handling it.

Seriously. Yottsume sells a superior product, for the same price, is a genuinely cool guy to talk to, and the money goes purely to him and the company that put the shirt out in the first place.

So everyone should buy some NJPW merch and buy Yottsume a ビール.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

Now that's a bad graph.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...
I'm curious where the spikiness comes from? What's the NJPW's version of Wrestlemania?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Tezzeract posted:

I'm curious where the spikiness comes from? What's the NJPW's version of Wrestlemania?

Their January 4th show, and their G1 Climax Tournament is their 2nd biggest set of shows. NJPW had a lot more star power in 2005-2006, so them making it to those levels with the current group of dudes is only a good thing.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

I wonder what this is based on.

[edit] and OHT, based on those tweets, is definitely Doing It Wrong.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

The US only one looks really good

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

so good

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
fwiw heres the results for '新日本プロレス'. looks like interest really started to pick up after Okada won the title

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

what was US interest like when njpw guys were regularly on WCW

• Locked thread