Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
I'm playing two before my actions. I'm planning on continuing to root around in the Police Station.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Servoret
Nov 8, 2009

Fat Turkey posted:

Also, I have slept on it and I think we may need to overstack the Crisis deck to ensure it passes. I admit I may have made an error myself, as I put a Junk into the crisis, but I hold a toolkit that can build two barricades for no actions and thought that would be useful in the future. Now I'm not sure it would be worth as much as ensuring this crisis is passed, or maybe even over supplied to get the bonus. Depends on how many cards people are going to contribute. Can we have a count up?

I'm fine with overstacking, but I only have one card to contribute unless I turn up more tools in the grocery store. Why didn't you just use the Pad Lock on your turn after you found it instead of spending two actions to put up two barricades?

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Did you marry a man who married the sea? He looks right through you to the distant grey - calling, calling..
I currently have only received 1 vote on the current Crossroads Card.

Are your actions likely to be affected by the result of the vote Servoret? If not I can resolve those.

Servoret
Nov 8, 2009

Nope. Resolve away.

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Did you marry a man who married the sea? He looks right through you to the distant grey - calling, calling..
Bev slaughters more zombies
Mike searches the Grocery Store. Card sent!

Keep or make noise?

Servoret
Nov 8, 2009

Make some noise!

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Sent!

Servoret
Nov 8, 2009

Keep the second card.
Mike (6) searches the grocery store again.

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Sent! Make noise?

Servoret
Nov 8, 2009

Keep the card.
Playing one card into the crisis pile.
End turn.

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Mike keeps one card
Servoret plays 1 card into the crisis

I now have 3 votes on the previous crossroads card

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Morale: 6
Rounds: 3
Food: 4
Starvation: 1
Waste Pile: 5
Crisis Cards: 2

Players

WhiteHowler

Daniel Smith - Sheriff 66 2 5 Anywhere: (4+) Once per round you may kill 2 zombies at Daniel's current location. Only roll for exposure once.
Gray Beard - Pirate 16 1 4 Colony: Once per round you may take a card at random from another player's hand and place it into your hand. Wound x1
Cards: 5
Dice: 6 2 5

Some Numbers

Thomas Heart - Soldier 64 1 3 Colony: (5+) Once per round you may kill 2 zombies at the colony. Do not roll for exposure.
Equipped: Tikka T3 Tactical Rifle Once per round you may kill 1 zombie at any location. Do not roll for exposure. This is not an attack. It does not cost you an action die.
Equipped: Night Vision Goggles At the beginning of each round roll 1 additional action die.
Carla Thompson - Police Dispatcher 22 4 2 Police Station: Once per round when performing a search at the police station you may look at and keep 1 additional card.
Cards: 3
Dice: 4 1 5 4

Gravy Train Robber

Olivia Brown - Doctor 56 4 3 Anywhere: Once per round you may remove any type of wound token from a survivor that shares a location with Olivia. Olivia may use this ability on herself.
Edward White - Chemist 44 4 3 Colony: Once per round, when performing an attack with Edward, you may play a medicine card to kill 3 zombies instead of just 1. Do not roll for exposure. Do not use the ability on the medicine card.
Ashley Ross - Construction Worker 52 2 5 Anywhere: Once per round you may perform a barricade action without using an action die.
Dice: 2 6 5 3

Fat Turkey

David Garcia - Accountant 50 4 3 Anywhere: When performing a search with David you may look at 1 additional card.
Rod Miller - Truck Driver 40 3 3 Anywhere: When moving Rod, do not roll for exposure.
Cards: 4
Dice: 1 1 5

Servoret

Bev Russell - Mother 34 2 4 Colony: Once per round you may kill 2 zombies at the colony as long as there is at least 1 helpless survivor token at the colony. Do not roll for exposure.
Mike Cho - Ninja 30 2 4 Anywhere: When performing an attack with Mike do not roll for exposure.
Cards: 2
Dice: 4 3 6

Action queue: WhiteHowler's turn. Fat Turkey and GTR to vote on Crossroads card

Fat Turkey
Aug 1, 2004

Gobble Gobble Gobble!
I didn't use the Padlock on my turn because I had two 1s that needed using up.

I don't get a vote on this, I'm not at the colony.

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

This particular vote doesn't require you to be at the colony to vote - some do, some don't - not sure why.

Fat Turkey
Aug 1, 2004

Gobble Gobble Gobble!
Oh right yes. Felt odd I had a say. Option two please.

You know, if someone has 3 tools left, and the other two only contribute one...then we will definitely pass the crisis, and probably by extension get the bonus. That might sound self evident as we would get 7 tools, but we wouldn't get this certainty from a 2-2-1 split if I understand the rules correctly. Can we make this happen?

Servoret
Nov 8, 2009

Edit: Never mind, my notes got screwed up last turn.

Servoret fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Aug 29, 2014

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

All survivors at the colony receive a wound!

Action queue: WhiteHowler's turn

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Whitehowler, where are yoooouuuu? It's getting coooooooold.

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot
Holiday weekend in the US, right? Nothing to worry about

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!
Yep, just have a packed weekend. I'm out right now, but will take my turn in the morning. Sorry for the delay!

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!
Gray Beard equip School Blueprints
Gray Beard (5) search (two cards) at School

I want to see what I get here, and then I'll either kill three zombies or kill one and do another search.

We currently need two more food in the food bank this turn, assuming nobody enters or leaves the colony?

Also, I assume we really want to pass this crisis since we have a ton of barricades up -- is it worth tossing away a reroll (Junk) card?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

There's also adding Frostbite to all of our characters. I would really prefer to pass it.

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Gray Beard equips School Blueprints

Gray Beard searches at the school. 2 cards sent.
Keep or make noise?

Servoret
Nov 8, 2009

WhiteHowler posted:

Also, I assume we really want to pass this crisis since we have a ton of barricades up -- is it worth tossing away a reroll (Junk) card?

Yes. No one played a starter Junk card before this turn, so if everyone just played all their starter Junk cards into the crisis (I did), we would pass it. Coming up with tool cards otherwise is hard. Each location deck besides the gas station has one Junk card in it; every other tool card we could find would be a useful piece of equipment like the Pad Lock. And there's no place that has abundant tool cards. The grocery store has the most with five, the police station and school each have four, the hospital has three, the library has two, and the gas station doesn't have any tool cards at all.

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!
Gray Beard make some nooooooise

I'll decide which two cards to keep later, but it won't affect the rest of my turn.

Gray Beard (2) build barricade at School
Daniel (6) kill zombies at Colony entrances 2 and 3 (special ability)
Play 1 card into Crisis

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Gray Beard makes noise. Another card sent! Keep?
Gray Beard builds a barricade at the school
Daniel kills two zombies at the colony. In keeping with the trend, Daniel is unaffected by exposure
WhiteHowler plays 1 card into crisis

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Morale: 6
Rounds: 3
Food: 4
Starvation: 1
Waste Pile: 5
Crisis Cards: 3

Players

Some Numbers

Thomas Heart - Soldier 64 1 3 Colony: (5+) Once per round you may kill 2 zombies at the colony. Do not roll for exposure. Wound x1
Equipped: Tikka T3 Tactical Rifle Once per round you may kill 1 zombie at any location. Do not roll for exposure. This is not an attack. It does not cost you an action die.
Equipped: Night Vision Goggles At the beginning of each round roll 1 additional action die.
Carla Thompson - Police Dispatcher 22 4 2 Police Station: Once per round when performing a search at the police station you may look at and keep 1 additional card.
Dice: 4 1 5 4

Gravy Train Robber

Olivia Brown - Doctor 56 4 3 Anywhere: Once per round you may remove any type of wound token from a survivor that shares a location with Olivia. Olivia may use this ability on herself. Wound x1
Edward White - Chemist 44 4 3 Colony: Once per round, when performing an attack with Edward, you may play a medicine card to kill 3 zombies instead of just 1. Do not roll for exposure. Do not use the ability on the medicine card.
Ashley Ross - Construction Worker 52 2 5 Anywhere: Once per round you may perform a barricade action without using an action die.
Dice: 2 6 5 3

Fat Turkey

David Garcia - Accountant 50 4 3 Anywhere: When performing a search with David you may look at 1 additional card.
Rod Miller - Truck Driver 40 3 3 Anywhere: When moving Rod, do not roll for exposure.
Cards: 4
Dice: 1 1 5

Servoret

Bev Russell - Mother 34 2 4 Colony: Once per round you may kill 2 zombies at the colony as long as there is at least 1 helpless survivor token at the colony. Do not roll for exposure. Wound x1
Mike Cho - Ninja 30 2 4 Anywhere: When performing an attack with Mike do not roll for exposure.
Cards: 2
Dice: 4 3 6

WhiteHowler

Daniel Smith - Sheriff 66 2 5 Anywhere: (4+) Once per round you may kill 2 zombies at Daniel's current location. Only roll for exposure once. Wound x1
Gray Beard - Pirate 16 1 4 Colony: Once per round you may take a card at random from another player's hand and place it into your hand. Wound x1
Equipped: School Blueprints: Once per round, when performing a search at the school with this survivor you may look at and keep 1 additional card.
Cards: 5
Dice: 6 2 5

Action queue: Some Numbers turn

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!
I'll keep the first two cards. The new one would actively hurt us in the current situation.

Fat Turkey
Aug 1, 2004

Gobble Gobble Gobble!
Why aren't people leaving the colony? We can't make 6 food each turn, we will simply starve.

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot

Fat Turkey posted:

Why aren't people leaving the colony? We can't make 6 food each turn, we will simply starve.

I didn't leave last turn because it wouldn't have affected the numbers for the turn. I'm not sure why other people are still sticking around. We don't need that many defenders.

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!
I can move Daniel out next turn if there's a better place for him to be. He sucks at searching though.

Servoret
Nov 8, 2009

Gravy Train Robber posted:

I didn't leave last turn because it wouldn't have affected the numbers for the turn. I'm not sure why other people are still sticking around. We don't need that many defenders.

I guess we can pull them all next turn. With only two turns left, zombies shouldn't be a problem unless there's a crisis or crossroads card adding more to the colony.

Fat Turkey
Aug 1, 2004

Gobble Gobble Gobble!

Gravy Train Robber posted:

But that logic would mean none would ever pull out their only survivor there. Ask other people.

I think the game normally has you with no helpless survivors, so normally you would only have to find 5 food, but a few people would leave the colony so usually just 2-3 food. 6 is impossible. We are paying double the norm and we can't draw enough cards to feed everyone. I think only people with a very good colony based skill should be staying. Especially don't stay if your ability works well elsewhere.

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot

Fat Turkey posted:

But that logic would mean none would ever pull out their only survivor there. Ask other people.

I think the game normally has you with no helpless survivors, so normally you would only have to find 5 food, but a few people would leave the colony so usually just 2-3 food. 6 is impossible. We are paying double the norm and we can't draw enough cards to feed everyone. I think only people with a very good colony based skill should be staying. Especially don't stay if your ability works well elsewhere.

The logic was that I was the last person in the turn who still had a person at the colony. Therefore it made no sense to potentially wound or kill the Doctor when it would not have affected the outcome.

That said, I'm moving Olivia out of the Colony this turn and will continue to dig for food.

Fat Turkey
Aug 1, 2004

Gobble Gobble Gobble!
Oh. I admit I didn't check usernames, I assumed you'd be replying as the person who just left someone in the colony this turn despite that being a deathtrap and having a skill that would be good outside the colony. Being overrun in the colony is not a concern this game.

I understand completely why you wouldn't leave it last turn. I assume everyone but me has got one person in there? Its hard to tell. But pretty much everyone has to leave or have a good excuse not to.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

I'm going to be around sporadically today. I'm willing to move Thomas out and I'm willing to Rifle whatever Zombie the group thinks I should.

To start with, Carla searches really well with a 4.

Fat Turkey
Aug 1, 2004

Gobble Gobble Gobble!
I guess the grocery store as food is still the priority and its starting to fill up over there. Unless anyone plans to bosh some of their zombies on the head.

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Carla searches at the police station. 2 cards sent

Keep or make noise?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Make noise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Noise made, card sent! Keep or bang some pots around?

• Locked thread