Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
This game gave me a valuable lesson: Don't buy AEG products.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Single Tight Female posted:

If anyone's interested in this dead game, A Grand Entrance has dropped and The Showstopper's been fully spoiled.

http://dtdb.co/en/set/AGE
http://community.gomorragazette.com/t/the-showstopper-a-gomorra-gazette-set-review-spoilers-ahead/1093
Jesus, EVERYTHING about that new Poncho is terrible. The inability to trigger his comes into play through experiencing, the excessive cost to be a second tier Wendy, the absolutely God-awful artwork that makes him look like he's been getting skin bleaching treatments. Eugh.

Speaking of Stobinski, the card artwork for All or Nothing is just a treat; the nighttime setting contrasts so harshly with everyone being so pale that the crew looks like a gaggle of zombies.

quote:

Also a member of the design team is arguing on Facebook that terrible cards aren't a failure of design because there can be cards that make them good in the future. In a game with one big box of cards left. These guys should write comedy skits instead of bad western fiction.
Was this on the game's main FB? It's been scrubbed if so.

Father Wendigo fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Aug 18, 2016

Single Tight Female
Jan 17, 2008
I hadn't realised that thing about his enter play effect, that's hilarious. What a lousy card. Also I'm sometimes an apologist for Stobinski's art (Travis Moone xp is genuinely good, I'd argue Guide Horse and Mountain Lion Friend work pretty well) but All or Nothing is just a mess. Why's Pancho(?*) floating? Why are the pistol barrels so long?

The FB post is https://www.facebook.com/groups/DoomtownCCG/permalink/10154260646396181/ if that link works, the discussion follows the first post by Chad Crider.

*I know it's Pancho since he's kicking with the rest of the crew according to story, but that could easily be Ramiro if he wasn't dead.

edit: Speaking of art, enjoy promo Jacqueline Isham, a full bleed alt art card I would definitely go out of my way to win a tournament for.

Single Tight Female fucked around with this message at 09:37 on Aug 18, 2016

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

Spoilers for Blood Moon Rising are starting to trickle out, such as the new 4th Ring home:

Single Tight Female
Jan 17, 2008
So Blood Moon Rising has dropped. Doomtown Reloaded is officially "complete".

And it ends with more of a whimper than a bang. I can upload all the cards if anyone cares, but they'll be on DTDB soon enough.

Let's see what we got: cards that explicitly care about the names of other cards, a new King dude who can't be in play with the King they're replacing, a non-108 Faction dude with Kung Fu, three(!) Deputies, cards that care about the number of Deeds you control, Francine*, a new Tao (with only two cards and no finisher), two dudes pulled from future sets that were designed by players, and a Deed tutor.

A lot of stuff that would be quite interesting if the game continued, basically, but most of it functionally DOA. Oh, and one of the two player designed dudes is misprinted as a draw instead of a stud. Classic AEG.

One positive I will say is, most of the homes are good. Law Dogs is arguably their best.

*Marion Seville's knife, in case you forgot.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

Single Tight Female posted:

And it ends with more of a whimper than a bang. I can upload all the cards if anyone cares, but they'll be on DTDB soon enough.

I'd appreciate it if you did. For tradition's sake, could you take blurry cellphone pictures of them? :v:

Single Tight Female
Jan 17, 2008

Father Wendigo posted:

I'd appreciate it if you did. For tradition's sake, could you take blurry cellphone pictures of them? :v:

Unfortunately I'm not looking for a job with AEG so I put in a level of basic competency. That said I did get lazier with each scan which sort of represents their attitude towards Doomtown?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Single Tight Female
Jan 17, 2008
For clarity, Dave "Slim" Gorman is the player-designed card who's the wrong bullet type. He's already errata'd to be a stud.

And in other news, 108 Worldly Desires has had errata issued to make it not work on ties anymore, except with Companhurst's. It's for balance apparently since the home was so dominant. Kinda good news since my preposterous 108 Christian Soldiers deck used those cards anyway for the income.

• Locked thread