Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

The Taint Reaper posted:

I'd love a stand alone Donkey Kong Aracade version that wasn't tied to DK 64.

They do have a Donkey Kong Original Edition but Nintendo decided to be dumb and only release it as a limited time only spiceal promotion if you brought certain 3DS games and put them in to Club Nintendo or brought select Wiis (i think the red one) in Europe . Its the only reason I own Art Academy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Viewtiful Jew posted:

e-reader was some poo poo man I tell you what.

I know I had one as a kid and still have one now. Eon ticket, Mario Party-e and the bonus levels, and power power ups (like the cape feather, vegetables and Luigi flutter kick) in Super Mario Bros 3 Advance. I wonder is I game use the Japanese Mario 3 cards to get the second half of the bonus levels and the boomerang power up?

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Quest For Glory II posted:

I think in the context of Sega they were hosed because they decided to combat knockoffs by licensing their games for "8-in-1 plug-n-play!!" toys which ended up devaluing their poo poo. I dunno if I'm the only one who remembers them but they were like sega genesis controllers that plugged in to your TV with AV out. Sega licensed their ROMs into too many things.

You mean these stupid things

Also by the way that first is the Genesis Model 4.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

LOL, its like they drop down a octave and played in minor.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

noirstronaut posted:

SNES games are hard to find.

Should try to find Resale shops in town like GameOver and 3D Games, they sell a bunch of old stuff like SNES games. My friend could have gotten used Super Metriod in Box with poster and manual for $75 from GameOver.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

TVs Ian posted:

My wife's family had a penguin-shaped knockoff NES for a while with those terrible IR controllers. I think it had controller ports, but they weren't NES style.

Power Games aka the Penguinstation.

That doesn't even look like it even fits.

http://www.povertygamenight.com/2011/03/power-games-penguinstation.html
Says it had 100 NES games build in.
They even had a second mode

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

The Taint Reaper posted:

The racecar famiclone system was better because the wheels actually worked.

Also the Controller buttons instead of the regular letters were Y,E,S, and !.

I see you Famicar and raise you a Zdog made by the same team that brought you Somari the Hedgeplumber.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Overemotional Robot posted:

Edit: She just said she wants to be "hooked on the brothers" and I had to explain what that means
What?

I wonder if she would like the Zelda and Sonic cartoons.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

pichupal posted:

Try watching this and judge which voice you prefer for Mario. I don't think I could handle a whole Mario RPG where he talks like this.

https://youtu.be/G8sYvNtjXRI

It really more like, who ever wrote those lines was a rear end in a top hat. If they had tone down the "Super Duper" lines it would have been fine.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Wario's lines were writen better in this ad and make him more like a real human and fun uncle.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTwCc7fmPLE

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Cliff Racer posted:

It was probably Charles Martinet (or whatever his name is) himself who fluffed it up with Mario-isms. He did something like this during an E3 back in the 90s where the computer Mario head talked to random people.

But without doing it for Nintendo he sounds better
https://vine.co/v/ML2nB7thDB6
https://vine.co/v/MLeTApJA2Y3
https://vine.co/v/MLZFvaK1x5u
https://vine.co/v/MLZdle0OdmX

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

The three raps she loves: Mario Rap from this show, TMNT opening, and inexplicably, The D.K. Rap.
At least both of us can agree on something. She better like the Pokerap.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

I noticed that it wasn't until collectors starting spitting out their prices as gospel truth on their YouTube channels that buying old games really became a pain.

I can't wait until GameStop starts marking up even the shittiest of SNES games just because they're SNES games.
And then video game companies re release them digitally for cheap. Still wondering if I should sell this copy of Misadventure of Tron Bonne that I got at a garage sale for a buck and used some of the money to buy the PSN ver.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

noirstronaut posted:

Sell it to me for half its going rate

Why not just buy the DS ver.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

noirstronaut posted:

RPG goes for like $60 to $70. This is crazy.
Yeah my friend was made that I sold my cart copy of Super Mario RPG. I had no point to keep it since I could buy the VC and not have to worry about the battery save. Also be careful to not buy fakes.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

noirstronaut posted:

Did the SNES controller kinda suck? The d-pad is one of those ones where it's all really one big button that rocks in the direction you're pressing and the ABYX ones feel a bit...weird? It's not a big deal at all, but it doesn't feel as defined as I thought it would. Are there dope 3rd party ones?

I was testing Ganbare Goemon 2 a while ago, the controller has lasted the test of time. Kind of made me wish the Club Nintendo Wii ver was released in the States.

I do use this 3rd Party one from time to time. Had one as a kid. I looked so cool that I brought I new one when I brought another SNES.

Jarogue fucked around with this message at 07:57 on Jul 28, 2015

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Tenzarin posted:

So for Mario Kart 8, what wheel controller works with the Wii U?

I only have the game pad but the niece and nephew are both wanting to play. They don't understand controllers because cell phones are ruining a generations ability to play real video games. Good thing the game lets you set it to tilt mode but that runs the battery out on the game pad even faster. If someone could link me to an amazon page with a wheel that works with the Wii U/MK8?

You could be cheap and DIY

Anyway I have been using the Wii Wheel since Mario Kart Wii and even got the 3DS one. They're great and I have never used a controller since then for Mario Kart. A white one is like 5-10 bucks on eBay.

Nolgthorn posted:

People used to be skeptical and enjoyed a bounty of good quality good stuff. So when someone offers you a $50 crate worth $10 you'd say no. The only new thing that has come out in about 20 years is Splatoon, and a few new Red Bull flavours. Everything else is just piggy backing on the perceived popularity of what already exists. To such an extent that people basically buy and re buy popular properties, hailing whichever soulless corporation owns them as gods.

That's why Minecraft was worth 2 billion bucks to Microsoft. That's why they called a monster movie "jurassic word". That's why Disney plans to release a never ending stream of Star wars media starting soon. Nobody cares. Gimme that loot crate worth $10. etc.

Everyone has gotten used to blandness.

Cool story bro.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Help Im Alive posted:

I have never played minecraft but I guarantee you it does
RPed even.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7unWmzUG7I

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

greatn posted:

Explain Tifa's popularity

I think a lot of 3d game around that era had that one character with Tifa being the most masturbated to rememberable one.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

And Miiverse.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Just saw the SGDQ speed run of DK64 on Wii U VC. Does it truly have 1 sec lag input when playing it on the Wii U?

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Guess I will just save my money and keep playing DK64 on the cart.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Nate RFB posted:

I was under the impression that with regards to VC games the lag (about a frame or two) was on the gamepad rather than the main screen. I can definitely subtlety notice a difference if I hold up the gamepad and watch the TV screen and it at the same time.

Well that finally explain Earthbound Zero when I'm watching and playing it from the gamepad, but yeah its not just the gamepad for DK64 VC https://youtu.be/sqNwFZVnEj8?t=21m6s

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Is Jungle Beats worth buying again so that I can play it with bongos. Already have the Wii ver.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

So Sega did a good thing for once.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Waltzing Along posted:

I liked SMB2 more.
SMB2 is the best SMB.
I'm glad that SMB3 on the GBA allows me to use e reader cards so that I can scan in Luigi's fulter kick and the ablity to grab and throw vegetables, so that I can continue to play SMB2.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

A lot of weeabos just came into chat

also streamer just called it Call of Duty: Itagaki Warfare

Jarogue fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Aug 4, 2015

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Darth TNT posted:

Except for the frogsuit. That thing is so situational you're probably to be rid of it in a lot of situations. I remember even using it as an easy way to be super mario in a difficult level after dying.

But doing a Doomship run with the Frog Suit is great, the Kings even says something different when you have it or the other two suits on.

Frog Suit "Oh me, oh my! You've been transformed! Shall I change you back with this wand?"

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

The Mario Advance series are the best vers. :colbert:

Jarogue fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Aug 5, 2015

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

noirstronaut posted:

what if i told you

it's the same as the all stars one

They're not

Super Mario Bros 2
Had Ace Coins to collect in each level
Giant vegetables, enemies, and POW Blocks
New Boss Robirdo
New Game Plus Yoshi's Challenge (I think it was a call back to BS Super Mario USA because some of the eggs were hidden in the same spots as the Gold Mario Statue.)

Super Mario World
Some added cutscenes
You can change between Mario and Luigi at any time
You got Peach Coins when you collect all the Drangon coins.
Luigi followed what he did in SMAS+SMW but more so with :
Luigi jumps higher but fell slower like SMB2 ,
sufferers from worse traction,
slower than Mario.
when flying with the cape Cape, he doesn't fly as fast as Mario, but he flies slightly higher than him,
fireballs bounce higher than Mario's,
Luigi rides Yoshi, he does not instantly swallow any enemy. Instead, Yoshi can spit them out and use them to attack other enemies
if Luigi hits a Coin Block, all of the coins inside it will spill out of the block at once instead of collecting them one by one.

Yoshi's Island (replacing Super Mario Lost Levels spot)
6 extra levels and used Yoshi Story voice clips for Yoshi and Shy Guys.

Super Mario Bros. 3
Can play as Mario and Luigi at the same time.
e Reader Cards (basically DLC) that added:
e World Levels that had assets from the other 3 Advance and Super Mario Bros game.
Advance and e Reader coins
Cape Feather from SMW, Luigi's jump and vegetables from SMB2 in main game. (there was more but they only came out in Japan due to poor e Reader sales)
here is some gameplay of it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TORb2gRHTNE

And they all came with Mario Bros (replacing Super Mario Bros)
Looks and plays better, and has the Power Squat Jumping, Spinies replace Shellcreepers, 1 cart 2-4 Player mode: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9jPbF_NDXA

They were the best GBA voices especially Mario, Luigi, Toad, and Peach. I think most of the Nintendo GBA remakes used voices except Kirby Nightmare In Dream Land.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Everybody should buy Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga instead.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

oddium posted:

someone in this amiibo line is praising Golden Sun as the greatest jrpg ever made. wrap it up

He just hope that someone was listening so that they would make a Issac amiibo.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

I look at the amiibo pre order ad and thought, screw lining up for a 3 pack. I only wanted Mr Game and Watch anyway.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Devils Third update: Itagaki and the Valhalla clan are still dominating online play and aren't even trying to play nice with anyone else.

Clearly he made the game to put and keep people in the own zone.

Jarogue fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Aug 9, 2015

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

This game want to be a 3D platformer like Mario 64, Banjo-Kazooie, and Super Mario Sunshine and be a Wii U Indie game.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/polykid/poi-a-3d-adventure-platformer?ref=category_ending_soon

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

the truth posted:

I bought a New 3DS at launch and get my Nintedo fix from that.

But did you buy Xenoblade Chronicles 3D?

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Fremry posted:

You run the very real risk of having a confused person buying it while thinking it's the entire console. This thread has talked about it multiple times because these listings always come up around thanksgiving and Christmas.

That what they get for not reading the tittle, description, or asking the seller about it. That why years from now people will be buy empty Nintendo NX boxes because they didn't take the time to read or think first.

Jarogue fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Aug 12, 2015

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Pikmin 3 is a great game that everyone should buy, even if it has to be downloaded since the physical ver is getting hard to find and cost a bunch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Doesn't like Pikmin, doesn't like Captain Toad screenshots, what the gently caress are you doing in this thread??

Clearly he is waiting for GOTY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XYzbNNbDkg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHkhJ1LvtkM

• Locked thread