Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

Protocol7 posted:

I think you get diminishing returns running both mimic and joker at the same time honestly, and infect does a great job of eating up multiple frontline enemies at once. Much better than modified electric or regular electric in my experience.

You know what? I’ll give that a shot and see what happens. I’ve just seen all the meta decks double up on that, so I never thought to question it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
If it helps, my current PvP deck is Sacrifice/Joker/Iron/M. Wind/Infect. I actually went against someone else with a similar deck and it was a super close until he decided to merge all of his dice and lost a ton of his DPS.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

JawnV6 posted:

I've been having fun with Retro Bowl. Football manager sim with NES Tecmo Bowl games. No ads, no idle mechanics, just a lil football game.

It's a fun game but the coin mechanics are frustrating. I started in story mode with a nice chunk of coins and then tried another game and didn't get a nice chunk of coins, so now I'm playing with 2 strikes against me. I managed to take a losing team to division lead, but couldn't make the necessary upgrades because I earn 1 or 2 coins a game and it cost 18 coins to replace my offensive coordinator.

The IAP isn't the worst thing in the world (100 coins for $2.99) but as far as I can tell there's no way to enjoy the game without buying coins. I only discovered this after paying for the unlimited upgrade.

psylent
Nov 29, 2000

Pillbug

Froist posted:

I signed up for Arcade just for What The Golf and kept paying for another 4 months before I got around to finishing it and cancelling. Really good game though.
Hoping to avoid that, but I'll probably end up forgetting.

I'm also playing Cricket Through The Ages, which is just silly enough to be entertaining.

parara
Apr 9, 2010
Every time I open Random Dice and see the developer logo I just get more convinced they use that logo specifically to call out their own battery draining app.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

parara posted:

Every time I open Random Dice and see the developer logo I just get more convinced they use that logo specifically to call out their own battery draining app.

I laugh at this every time. It’s a cruel joke seeing the exploding battery. Fortunately it’s less hand-scalding on my iPad.

Started messing around with the Hell dice last night and had a bunch of fun. Not 100% sure it’s good, but it’s fun in PVE. Running Summoner/Blizzard/Joker/Hell/Typhoon for now while I refresh the shop every 6 hours praying for the Growth die to appear. Feels like a solid “grind out quick level 30 runs” deck.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Krispy Wafer posted:

It's a fun game but the coin mechanics are frustrating. I started in story mode with a nice chunk of coins and then tried another game and didn't get a nice chunk of coins, so now I'm playing with 2 strikes against me. I managed to take a losing team to division lead, but couldn't make the necessary upgrades because I earn 1 or 2 coins a game and it cost 18 coins to replace my offensive coordinator.

The IAP isn't the worst thing in the world (100 coins for $2.99) but as far as I can tell there's no way to enjoy the game without buying coins. I only discovered this after paying for the unlimited upgrade.

I’m in my second season in Round 2 of the playoffs with dynamic difficulty on getting ready to lose to the 16-0 Buffalo Bills. It’s entertaining, although if your QB gets hurt you’re essentially screwed. Upgraded the rehab facilities to Level 5 and I’ve had way less problems (I think I went 10-6 so far with Miami). Only spent the $1 so far.

Edit: lol

Referee fucked around with this message at 07:28 on May 28, 2020

mirror123
Jan 17, 2006
rice barrel

BGrifter posted:

Stick to co-op for a while. If you can score a few ranks in PVP that’s great as the gold from chests scales up with your PVP rank, but once you plateau head back to co-op.

The best advice I’ve received so far is try to hang on to 40k gold and 500 gems. Also refresh the shop with an ad every six hours. You almost always get some free gold/gems/commons in the first slot, and legendaries show up for 40k a pop. Also there’s a chance for a 500 gem chest that gives a random legendary.

I burn all my gems on the arena because that rush of making back all my gems clouds my judgement.

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

Krispy Wafer posted:

I'm in year 4 and it's a little difficult, no IAP or unlimited mode. Hopped to a new team (but still not my Favorite) to build them up, the Dynamic difficulty is over 13+ and anything outside star player to star player is mechanically difficult but not impossible. My worst-case planning was just to run through the season until I got my 1-1-1 draft picks and worry about rounding out my roster then. The 'real' mechanics are keeping things chugging under the salary cap, the low-end doesn't strike me as being as well balanced. Doesn't Unlimited let you bump the in-game difficulty down?

The coordinator mechanics were a little unclear to me. They'll cost 50% of the free agent coins to keep them past the 2y mark? I haven't really had one run out on me.

Anyway if you really just want to cheese it the save state is before your weekly game, so just force quit until you quit throwing interceptions

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
I got sucked into Knighthood which is actually the first King game I’ve ever played.

It’s quite refreshingly polished, and doesn’t seem too hard. There is a PvP mode but I think they’re actually just bots that change difficulty to the player’s Arena rating.

It’s got the usual stamina bullshit and is throwing offers in your face quite frequently, but it’s not as bad as like Voodoo levels of in-game ads. I’ve only gotten through Highgard which is like the first non-tutorial zone, so I’m sure it’ll get paywall-y quick after that, but it’s been fun to chop down goblins and zombies and get loot, in portrait mode on my phone even, sitting on the couch.

I’d be willing to put a goon guild together if there isn’t one already?

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
There’s a separate thread for Knighthood actually. Room in SA Goons if you want to apply. They broke some parts of the game with a poorly thought out mechanic, if anyone is wondering why reddit and all that is a train wreck. The actual dev company is pretty responsive though, realized they messed up, and at least pushed out some minor tweaks already.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

Hand Row posted:

There’s a separate thread for Knighthood actually. Room in SA Goons if you want to apply. They broke some parts of the game with a poorly thought out mechanic, if anyone is wondering why reddit and all that is a train wreck. The actual dev company is pretty responsive though, realized they messed up, and at least pushed out some minor tweaks already.

Nice, I'll seek it out and bookmark it. Haven't even delved into Reddit or any of the game media yet.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Hand Row posted:

Also a goon works on the game fwiw

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Random Dice

Interesting concept but very frustrating to play

I havent won a single pvp fight and if you dont win you get gently caress all. So so much for gradually being able to improve.

I played the 5 coop levels and got 2 chests with mostly garbage dice i guess (i havent seen anyone else use them) wave, lock, random

I had 3 close pvp fights where i had a clear lead the whole time but right when the cubes were about to reach my opponents goal the match ended with a boss fight. All 3 of these i also had a clear lead dealing a lot more damage to the boss but my bosses moved faster and i lost anyways. For one of the fights my boss reached the end with less than a thousand health and my opponent had 50k left (i.e. barely scratched the boss) yet i lost anyways. He lost 2 lives and i lost 3.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

JawnV6 posted:

I'm in year 4 and it's a little difficult, no IAP or unlimited mode. Hopped to a new team (but still not my Favorite) to build them up, the Dynamic difficulty is over 13+ and anything outside star player to star player is mechanically difficult but not impossible. My worst-case planning was just to run through the season until I got my 1-1-1 draft picks and worry about rounding out my roster then. The 'real' mechanics are keeping things chugging under the salary cap, the low-end doesn't strike me as being as well balanced. Doesn't Unlimited let you bump the in-game difficulty down?

The coordinator mechanics were a little unclear to me. They'll cost 50% of the free agent coins to keep them past the 2y mark? I haven't really had one run out on me.

Anyway if you really just want to cheese it the save state is before your weekly game, so just force quit until you quit throwing interceptions

Yeah, I'm having trouble with the details on how all this works. I just realized you get one coin for every 25% of fan support, so now I have to focus on keeping the spectators happy.

It looks like I can modify the difficulty. I can also change the uniforms with the unlimited IAP, although that's just a a couple of different colors on the pixels so I'm not sure how much that's really worth.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

Is the Combo legendary in Random Dice worth dropping 40k on? I see a ton of people using it. Currently doing iron/infect/mighty wind/sacrifice/sand swamp

Thirst Mutilator
Dec 13, 2008

TheManWithNoName posted:

Is the Combo legendary in Random Dice worth dropping 40k on? I see a ton of people using it. Currently doing iron/infect/mighty wind/sacrifice/sand swamp

Yes, though it may not pay off in the immediacy without other legendaries. The Joker-Mimic-Combo package can carry a co-op team to wave 50 with sensible eco dice and partner, though most of my experience is as the carried and not the carrier.

There are some legendaries I personally wouldn't spend money on, but Combo is an absolute beast for co-op (which, is where you spend like, 80% of your time), so I would absolutely pick it up even if I didn't have Joker.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Anyone else unable to connect to the server on Random Dice?

E: never mind, just had to restart my phone

triplexpac fucked around with this message at 13:00 on Jun 2, 2020

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

triplexpac posted:

Anyone else unable to connect to the server on Random Dice?

E: never mind, just had to restart my phone

Learned the hard way when I updated iOS that it relies on GameCenter, and GameCenter poo poo itself on the update so it would just give a generic connection error when I started up the game. Tried to delete and redownload, didn't work. Logging in as a guest DID work.
When I went into GameCenter, it would just crash the settings app. After a couple of reboots GameCenter loaded again and then it worked fine.

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost
Yeah, I’m running Combo/Mimic/Joker/Summoner/Sacrifice and it’s takes a little while to get used to. You’re going to have to merge combos much earlier than you’re used to to get that combo number up.

Edit: drat it, Growth just showed up for 40,000 gold.

Solkanar512 fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Jun 2, 2020

The Pell
Feb 6, 2008
Growth becomes a requirement for PvP. I don't have it yet, and at rank 12, 100% of my opponents do. I'm stuck at 5k without it.

parara
Apr 9, 2010
This dude had one of the strangest decks I've seen in coop so far, but hey we made a good enough team to make it to wave 57.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

JawnV6 posted:

I've been having fun with Retro Bowl. Football manager sim with NES Tecmo Bowl games. No ads, no idle mechanics, just a lil football game.

Thanks for posting this, I’m liking it a lot. I invested in a good RB early so I run my way to victory.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Kaboobi posted:

Learned the hard way when I updated iOS that it relies on GameCenter, and GameCenter poo poo itself on the update so it would just give a generic connection error when I started up the game. Tried to delete and redownload, didn't work. Logging in as a guest DID work.
When I went into GameCenter, it would just crash the settings app. After a couple of reboots GameCenter loaded again and then it worked fine.

GameCenter is the worst loving thing.
I started up Mini Metro again when it was free recently and basically the whole game has nothing if you don't have GameCenter.

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN
Random Dice chat. Still slowly getting legend dice, no Growth or Combo yet but having some success in PVP with this setup, finally managed to get to class 10.

Gear, Summoner, Supplement, Mimic, Joker.
It’s a slow starter and can have some shocking opening dice but once the board is populated it just builds and builds.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Can’t wait for this.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
I've been trying it (thanks Xbox Game Pass) and I think I like Night of the Full Moon better? Maybe I need a few more runs to get it to click. But I also liked the theme more in NotFM, and the class variety was more interesting.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

MarcusSA posted:

Can’t wait for this.

Bout loving time, hell yeah.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
Here I was waiting for a Steam sale to drop, no longer. The best platform for it, finally!

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
If you already own this on Steam it works flawlessly via stream link with sts' touch screen mode enabled.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

MarcusSA posted:

Can’t wait for this.

I’ll never need another game again (except for into the breach)

Reindeer Flotilla
Mar 14, 2006

I RAN "COMEDY" THROUGH GOOGLE AND THIS IS ALL I GOT! ZULUZULUZULU!

I’ve been running Combo/Joker/Mimic/Summoner/Growth in PvE for awhile, and I think I’m doing something wrong - it starts really slowly. I’ve had a couple of times where myself and another person with the same deck lost in round 2 because we both got crappy starting sets. Any recommendations on how to run stronger in waves 1-8?

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Reindeer Flotilla posted:

I’ve been running Combo/Joker/Mimic/Summoner/Growth in PvE for awhile, and I think I’m doing something wrong - it starts really slowly. I’ve had a couple of times where myself and another person with the same deck lost in round 2 because we both got crappy starting sets. Any recommendations on how to run stronger in waves 1-8?

That’s how it works, Combo starts real slow. Ideally you want to pair with a support partner who can clear the first ten waves. Random queue you’ll just have to deal with bad luck like that once in a while.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Nybble posted:

I've been trying it (thanks Xbox Game Pass) and I think I like Night of the Full Moon better? Maybe I need a few more runs to get it to click. But I also liked the theme more in NotFM, and the class variety was more interesting.

NotFM is really fun but Slay The Spire has just about everything in the genre beat on depth. I easily have 150 hours on it between PC and Switch and I'm still discovering new synergies, finding new ways to use cards I previously thought worthless, etc etc-- the concept isn't as novel as it was in 2017 but StS has a really thoughtful and elegant design that outclasses everything else in the genre so far.

And the way the difficulty works is great, too-- sometimes I'll play a few runs on the easiest setting that's unlocked from the start and try to pull off some goofy combos or shoot for achievements, sometimes I want to push myself and I'll try to press against the highest of the 20 (!) unlockable difficulty levels I've made it to. Also, while you "only" have 4 classes, almost every card in your deck will be a card exclusive to that class with "neutrals" being pretty rare, so they end up playing very very differently from each other. There are also multiple archetypes and buildarounds within each class that can be mixed and matched or pursued in totality, so between those and the passive effect "Artifacts" you can end up with a lot of deck variety in a given class. It's just a really well-designed game with the potential to be played for a very, very long time. It gets my highest recommendation.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
Are there any good Marvel games these days? I’ve been getting back into comics and wouldn’t mind some kind of marvel hero gatcha

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

goferchan posted:

NotFM is really fun but Slay The Spire has just about everything in the genre beat on depth.

I tried NOTFM and I didn't like it. I guess that means I won't like STS, either.

Bloody Pancreas
Feb 21, 2008

triplexpac posted:

Are there any good Marvel games these days? I’ve been getting back into comics and wouldn’t mind some kind of marvel hero gatcha

Marvel Strike Force is a pretty good one. You collect heroes/villains to make teams based on groupings (spiderverse/mutants/etc.) and beat people up. It's got its flaws like all F2P mobile games, but there's enough attention to detail to the Marvel universe to make it enjoyable for me (also they all look like their comic book incarnations so that's a plus).

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Bloody Pancreas posted:

Marvel Strike Force is a pretty good one. You collect heroes/villains to make teams based on groupings (spiderverse/mutants/etc.) and beat people up. It's got its flaws like all F2P mobile games, but there's enough attention to detail to the Marvel universe to make it enjoyable for me (also they all look like their comic book incarnations so that's a plus).

How brutal is the energy system? Ie about how much can you play per day

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

goferchan posted:

NotFM is really fun but Slay The Spire has just about everything in the genre beat on depth. I easily have 150 hours on it between PC and Switch and I'm still discovering new synergies, finding new ways to use cards I previously thought worthless, etc etc-- the concept isn't as novel as it was in 2017 but StS has a really thoughtful and elegant design that outclasses everything else in the genre so far.

Not on iOS yet (or planned AFAIK) but you need to get yourself a copy of Monster Train.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Kheldarn posted:

I tried NOTFM and I didn't like it. I guess that means I won't like STS, either.

I didn't really like NOTFM but have hundreds of hours in STS. It's in a class by itself.