Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

I’ve got 800+ large nets and 400 Arnold palmers stockpiled. Just need those hot potatoes to start making the rounds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

Welp, I’m Nuzatch on this farm game. So do whatever social things there are to do, gonna!

Can I still put in a referral code after I start a farm? Is it worth starting over to do so (I’ve got like half an hour in at this point)

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Saxophone posted:

Welp, I’m Nuzatch on this farm game. So do whatever social things there are to do, gonna!

Can I still put in a referral code after I start a farm? Is it worth starting over to do so (I’ve got like half an hour in at this point)

In the grand scheme of things its not that big of a bonus, but I believe you have a little bit after you create an account to put in a code *cough 531BF cough*

What you get, if you want to weigh restarting: Gift Basket 01 - Apple (x25) Orange (x25) Lemon (x25) Grapes (x25) Ancient Coin (x50) Fishing Net (x25)

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

Klungar posted:

In the grand scheme of things its not that big of a bonus, but I believe you have a little bit after you create an account to put in a code *cough 531BF cough*

What you get, if you want to weigh restarting: Gift Basket 01 - Apple (x25) Orange (x25) Lemon (x25) Grapes (x25) Ancient Coin (x50) Fishing Net (x25)

I’m looking to see where I can add that now. Any ideas?

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

tildes posted:

I cannot justify why I chose this name, but it’s GoodFarmersOnly

I just sent you a Hot Potato, pass it on!

Saxophone posted:

I’m looking to see where I can add that now. Any ideas?

I'm not quite sure. I'd suggest either My Profile or My Settings.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Wow, I got 3 Gold Drums from fishing and tossed them in the Wishing Well. Three Sturdy Bows came out. I’m rich!

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

Klungar posted:

I just sent you a Hot Potato, pass it on!

I'm not quite sure. I'd suggest either My Profile or My Settings.

Looks like there’s no way at present. Ah well.

Any super early tips? Lots of meetings today so I can poke at my crops every 5 minutes so that’s helping I think.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Saxophone posted:

Looks like there’s no way at present. Ah well.

Any super early tips? Lots of meetings today so I can poke at my crops every 5 minutes so that’s helping I think.

Check out the Library, specifically the entries [Get Rich Quick] and [Sawmill Silver]. That should help turbocharge your early game.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

What’s the best way to use the wishing well? Should I be throwing coins in for stuff? Are there other items I don’t care about keeping that are good fodder?

Mostly I have the new player problem of not knowing what stuff matters to keep and what doesn’t. And the don’t sell it article is only quasi-hopeful.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Arcturas posted:

What’s the best way to use the wishing well? Should I be throwing coins in for stuff? Are there other items I don’t care about keeping that are good fodder?

Mostly I have the new player problem of not knowing what stuff matters to keep and what doesn’t. And the don’t sell it article is only quasi-hopeful.

Ancient Coins are the default for what you should throw in if you have no other pressing concerns. The [ww wants] article will help you if you are trying to get some particular item.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Arcturas posted:

unless there’s something you actively need (like a Runestone or gold feather/leaf), coins are a safe bet to throw in there for random poo poo.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I usually use the well to try swapping fishing or exploring runes for farm runes

tildes
Nov 16, 2018

super sweet best pal posted:

I usually use the well to try swapping fishing or exploring runes for farm runes

whaaat -- I've definitely been wasting my throws, I have so many runestones I could be tossing in there.

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

Note you can only get runestones 1-10 out of the well

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Arcturas posted:

Coins. And if you get a gecko out of the well DON’T SELL IT.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Alright, I think we've bothered the iOS Games thread long enough. I've created a dedicated Farm RPG thread here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4001873. Make sure to let me know if there is anything you think needs to make it into the OP.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

This is a pretty good deal imo

https://www.ebay.com/itm/115106987379

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,
I'LL LICK HIS BOOT TILL THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS SHINE.

Klungar posted:

Alright, I think we've bothered the iOS Games thread long enough. I've created a dedicated Farm RPG thread here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4001873. Make sure to let me know if there is anything you think needs to make it into the OP.

Thank God lol

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Apex Legends Mobile doesn’t have 3D Touch, so that game is instantly a disappointment to me. Gunfire Reborn, however, does. And it’s fun, if a bit simplistic.

tildes
Nov 16, 2018
Whattttt gunfire reborn is on mobile!? How is the port? (I’ll probably get it either way I guess)

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

tildes posted:

Whattttt gunfire reborn is on mobile!? How is the port? (I’ll probably get it either way I guess)

I like it, I assume it’s similar to the pc version. It controls well and is pretty much bug free so far.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

I bit the bullet and got one. At first I was like ‘this is pretty neat! It plays well with iOS games!’ And then I booted up my PS5 with remote play, and holy poo poo game changer. This thing is loving awesome.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Sammus posted:

I bit the bullet and got one. At first I was like ‘this is pretty neat! It plays well with iOS games!’ And then I booted up my PS5 with remote play, and holy poo poo game changer. This thing is loving awesome.

Makes sense. I used to bring my PS4 controller to work to remote play FFXIV on coffee breaks. Having a more portable version that clips on to the phone would be sweet.

Virtue
Jan 7, 2009

Does it work with a case?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Virtue posted:

Na and I don’t think any of them do (well maybe a cheap BT one might ) so that’s one of the big downsides for me at least.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Virtue posted:

Nope, it’s a very tight fit without a case, I can’t imagine even the slimmest of cases fitting in.

Koryk
Jun 5, 2007
What’s something fun that 3 people could play together? We’ve been playing ticket to ride for a few days, but it’s starting to get a little old.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe

Koryk posted:

What’s something fun that 3 people could play together? We’ve been playing ticket to ride for a few days, but it’s starting to get a little old.

Pandemic
Terraforming mars
Agricola

Are my go-tos

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN
Keeping to the board game theme (both have multiplayer but I’ve not got any friends so can’t tell you how the multiplayer is)

Wingspan
Galaxy Trucker

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
Through the Ages

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

[Zam is suddenly shot in the neck by a toxic dart; Anakin and Obi-Wan see a "rocket-man" take off and fly away, and Zam dies]
Talisman :devil:

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate

Koryk posted:

Song pop party if you have Apple Arcade?

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...
spaceteam?

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Evolution?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Dungeon Village 2 was on sale for $5 here so I grabbed it, drat classic kairosoft.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Synthbuttrange posted:

Dungeon Village 2 was on sale for $5 here so I grabbed it, drat classic kairosoft.

is that a big improvement over the first one? I liked game dev story, and wanted to like dungeon village, but I just couldn't get into it (can't remember why, it was a few years ago, just a general "not feeling it" vibe)

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I couldnt say, because i really liked the first Dungeon Village. So far it seems like Dungeon Village and more of it. Including what looks like multi village management and zones in the future.

The only thing thats bugging me is that theres a red number on my ‘presents’ menu option and i cant figure out what the hell its indicating?!

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I've been playing lego star wars castaways for the past few days and it's pretty solid casual fun. I'm starting to hit the point where I think I've seen all the content the game is going to show me and my interest is waning, but I've enjoyed the ride up till now; I wouldn't subscribe to arcade just for this game, but if you already are subbed, it's worth checking out. The combat levels are nice and short and well-suited for the way I play mobile games (trains and toilets) and the daily/weekly objectives scratch the "number go up" itch nicely. Hopefully they add more levels in the future to make it worth coming back to.

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN
Knotwords: I just rushed the last 5 puzzles in May puzzlebook to get them before the end of the month. Really love this game and that I completed 30.9/30 puzzles :smug:

I’ve also got a 23 day streak going on the daily puzzles (when I missed a day there was a streak repair - complete 7 days after a miss and it restores the streak) The only puzzles I don’t like are the Twist ones, I don’t know why but I struggle to complete them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a big fat bunny
Oct 4, 2002

woo look at 'em gonk

DRINK ME posted:

The only puzzles I don’t like are the Twist ones, I don’t know why but I struggle to complete them.

i, too, struggle with the Twist puzzles. Sometimes i just brute force it, juggling letters seemingly forever until something works, and sometimes i just put it down for a few hours and clear it easy later because why not. It's why i start with the daily twist puzzles and why i tried to shotgun the entire Twist puzzlebook before really looking at the standard. Anyway, Knotwords is good and i'm glad i bought in drat near immediately after seeing it right here in this thread.