Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Jefepato posted:

CCKeane is a likely scum. They have basically said next to nothing aside from jokevoting GulagDolls.

I would have said Meinberg, but Meinberg has posted enough weird things that I can just about imagine him not realizing most people claim miller immediately, even though someone who's played that many games should know it.

My beard was busy today at a WIZARD'S DODGEBALL tournament. We lost. :(

So that is why there hasn't been much posting, compare day one to day two.

Like 20 bucks you're coming after me because I just posted and you're like "oh a target". Likely scum is silly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Jefepato posted:

I would have said Meinberg, but Meinberg has posted enough weird things that I can just about imagine him not realizing most people claim miller immediately, even though someone who's played that many games should know it.

So then what do you think about me, and my not-immediate miller claim? :allears:

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

How is it that Jefepato, three game veteran, knows about this "miller rule"? Also it's a stupid loving rule.

Jefepato
Mar 11, 2009

This?! This is a glorious dance! That has been passed down! In my family for generations!

Meezus posted:

How is it that Jefepato, three game veteran, knows about this "miller rule"? Also it's a stupid loving rule.

I knew it from reading the wiki before I ever played at all.

Jon Joe posted:

So then what do you think about me, and my not-immediate miller claim? :allears:

I assumed you were joking to make fun of Meinberg's failure to claim until he was about to be lynched.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Does the wiki really say that? I am outraged.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Jefepato posted:

I assumed you were joking to make fun of Meinberg's failure to claim until he was about to be lynched.

So what do you think now that you know I'm not joking? :allears:

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

##vote Jefepato

But for serious.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Na. He seems town now. Just imagine that he has a posting restriction as Sad Sack from Super Ted and it will all make sense.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
I mean, I guess it could be Sandwolf. He came in early, dropped a lovely-rear end case on me, and then hasn't done much since. Perhaps he thought that people wouldn't look too heavily at his starting in on me because I suck?

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

He flipped Scum Godfather in the last game we turboed him and that's good enough for me.

##vote Sandwolf

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Meezus posted:

Na. He seems town now. Just imagine that he has a posting restriction as Sad Sack from Super Ted and it will all make sense.

I will follow you, Lord Millsington.

[b]##vote Sandwolf.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Like, I know what I said earlier, but his absence since then is starting to become all the more striking to me.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

##unvote
##vote Sandwolf

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Meinberg posted:

I mean, I guess it could be Sandwolf. He came in early, dropped a lovely-rear end case on me, and then hasn't done much since. Perhaps he thought that people wouldn't look too heavily at his starting in on me because I suck?

You know, that's a good point. If we can't make Jefepato happen, I'd be down for some roasted Sandwolf.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Okay hammer in the other game what is happening in this one.

Jefepato
Mar 11, 2009

This?! This is a glorious dance! That has been passed down! In my family for generations!

Jon Joe posted:

So what do you think now that you know I'm not joking? :allears:

That there may be an awful lot of alignment fuckery in this game.

Or the more obvious explanation, one of you's lying. But I'm not ruling out the other thing.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

##vote Sandwolf

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Jefepato posted:

That there may be an awful lot of alignment fuckery in this game.

Or the more obvious explanation, one of you's lying. But I'm not ruling out the other thing.

But what do you think, re: me not claiming first thing. Do you think this is scummy? If so, why aren't you on me? If not, why the double standard?

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Maybe he has Pinterest Mom levels of logic?

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Jon Joe posted:

You know, that's a good point. If we can't make Jefepato happen, I'd be down for some roasted Sandwolf.

Truth be told, I don't want to vote a newbie on D1. I'll take a heavier look at him on D2 though.

Jefepato
Mar 11, 2009

Jon Joe posted:

But what do you think, re: me not claiming first thing. Do you think this is scummy? If so, why aren't you on me? If not, why the double standard?

I don't really know what to make of it at this point, because I'm puzzled by the multiple miller claims. Claiming when nobody is on you seems different from claiming it when you're on the verge of being lynched though.

That and I'm stewing on whether Meezus's position on not auto-claiming miller makes more sense than what I thought was the accepted standard.

Meinberg posted:

Truth be told, I don't want to vote a newbie on D1. I'll take a heavier look at him on D2 though.

No need for this. If this was my actual first game, fine, but IMO it's big boy's rules now. If you think I am scum, you're wrong but go ahead and do what you think you must.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
That is some extra shoddy casework by Sandwolf but

Jon Joe posted:

I also think it's scummy. I don't know if I believe Gulag's claim, but if he was joking then I could see you and Meinberg trying this as a gambit. In every game I've played millers claim at the beginning of Day 1, usually in their confirmation post. The only time I recall them not doing that is Hal not claiming death miller in The League. The fact that not only are there multiple millers but that none of them claimed right away does not sit right with me at all.

I think the more likely scenario is that you are lying.

Actually even if Gulag isn't joking I could see there being one real miller and the two scum trying a crazy plan.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

So you're saying we should lynch Gulag to test his claim?

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Jefepato posted:

No need for this. If this was my actual first game, fine, but IMO it's big boy's rules now. If you think I am scum, you're wrong but go ahead and do what you think you must.

Hello class, can you say "scummy post"?

Asiina posted:

I also think it's scummy. I don't know if I believe Gulag's claim, but if he was joking then I could see you and Meinberg trying this as a gambit. In every game I've played millers claim at the beginning of Day 1, usually in their confirmation post. The only time I recall them not doing that is Hal not claiming death miller in The League. The fact that not only are there multiple millers but that none of them claimed right away does not sit right with me at all.

Actually even if Gulag isn't joking I could see there being one real miller and the two scum trying a crazy plan.

I'm willing to bet dollar to donuts that Gulag was joking, but lol if he wasn't.

You're hedging a lot.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Jefepato posted:

I will keep this in mind.

Asiina posted:

I follow your logic here. So, I recommend playing Mafia and just being wary of cop results in general. Gulag is probably joking, because it's Gulag. I'm telling the truth, but I don't have any way of proving it besides playing the game. I could totally see Jon Joe jumping in with a Miller claim, so that if he was investigated, and I had flipped, people might be inclined to believe his claim.

I still think it's Sandwolf, though.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
YAWN you guys are boring.

Going to bed soon, assume the deadline is ~floating~

http://mafiawiki.notesmash.org/wiki/Floating_deadline

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

The last game I played in that Ecco moderated, he gave us a floating deadline that ended at the same time as the normal deadline. DISTRUST DISTRUST DISTRUST

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

What Ecco is saying is that we should go ahead and vote someone out. I recommend Sandwolf. Jon Joe is probably the other scum.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Jon Joe posted:

Hello class, can you say "scummy post"?

I'm willing to bet dollar to donuts that Gulag was joking, but lol if he wasn't.

You're hedging a lot.

You're right.

##vote Meinberg

I hadn't voted before when I would have hammered and there was still conversation to be had, but I think I'm going to put my money down on liars rather than multiple millers who didn't claim.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Asiina posted:

You're right.

##vote Meinberg

I hadn't voted before when I would have hammered and there was still conversation to be had, but I think I'm going to put my money down on liars rather than multiple millers who didn't claim.

hahahahaha Cool, cool.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Meezus posted:

The last game I played in that Ecco moderated, he gave us a floating deadline that ended at the same time as the normal deadline. DISTRUST DISTRUST DISTRUST

I agree Ecco is a cunning rogue.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Asiina posted:

You're right.

##vote Meinberg

Asiina posted:

If you think I'm the liar, why are you testing your theory by voting Meinberg? Especially in a game where two mislynches in a row will bring us to lylo?

##vote Asiina

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Hey guys, I'm a Miller. Also, if I do get voted out, I just want you guys to not just assume that Jon Joe is also a Miller. I really don't like the timing of his reveal.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

##vote Asiina

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Hello?

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Is it just me or is Mills really suspicious too?

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Meinberg posted:

Is it just me or is Mills really suspicious too?

Why?

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

lol get hosed

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Jon Joe posted:

If you think I'm the liar, why are you testing your theory by voting Meinberg? Especially in a game where two mislynches in a row will bring us to lylo?

##vote Asiina

Are there even enough people here right now to kill you?

I think it's more likely you're both lying, not just you since this is a situation I have never seen. I'd like to test that with one kill but I don't know how to do that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Mostly the way that he jumps from vote to vote, switching with the winds of the crowd.

• Locked thread