Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Bicyclops posted:

I'll be looking for his smarmiest, most condescending face, something like the two of these, if anyone thinks of any. Otherwise I'll just be shuffling through GIS.

I nominate:

Edit: Wait, does this mean that David Hyde Pierce is The Other?

thexerox123 fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Aug 22, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Attitude Indicator posted:

is it forbidden to just say that Media Hint exists or something?

You're not allowed to talk about pirating shows or how to find pirated shows, it's not entirely clear whether VPN/proxy services fall under that category.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Jedit posted:

that didn't say "excitement and adventure", it said "the guy driving this thing has no control over it".=

...which is basically true.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

HD DAD posted:

I didn't know I wanted a Design A Homeless Man competition until now.

Not a competition, per se, but there is a website where people submit drawings of various hobos from John Hodgman's list of 700 hobo names.

Edit: Oh, hm, that site doesn't seem to be working properly, anymore. :(

thexerox123 fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Aug 25, 2014

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

rocket_man38 posted:

I didn't quite understand that phone call bit at the end. Can someone explain how/why the doctor called? Did the new Doctor remember making the phone call?

He called just before regenerating, just before Clara found the TARDIS's outside phone off the hook in The Time of the Doctor. And yeah, the new Doctor remembered making the phone call.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Ha, perfect timing, Occupation's Doctor Who thread just now got to reviewing The Girl in the Fireplace.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Ratspeaker posted:

HOLD THE PHONE. If Eleven thought he was on his last life, why did he call Clara to warn her about his next regeneration?

It was after he was gifted with the new regenerations from the Time Lords, that's why he's young again in the phone call.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Ratspeaker posted:

But he wasn't in Trenzalore then, was he? Did he go back there at the end of the Christmas special? I probably need to watch that again, but that would mean having to watch it again.

He was there for the whole Christmas Special, the town of Christmas was on Trenzalore.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

There's barely any coat in that picture!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

SimplyCosmic posted:

I apologize if this has already been brought up, but with all the rumors of about the Master coming back, what if Missy is the Master, but not the Master we expect? What if she's in fact "The Master of the Land of Fiction" from The Mind Robber having evolved the ability to reach out into our dimension to manipulate events?

There has been a Mistress of the Land of Fiction in the Big Finish story Legend of the Cybermen! It turned out to be -Zoe-.

• Locked thread