Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

The Action Man posted:

I really hope that Capaldi brings it back with just as little explanation as when Pertwee introduced it.

This is my main hope for the upcoming series, as well. That, and since UNIT's back, they really need to bring back Bessie. Why not go full-Pertwee?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

CobiWann posted:

You NEVER go full-Pertwee!

Nice.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

PoshAlligator posted:

The Two Doctors 2.

I'm down. So who revived Holmes?

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

It's my birthday, and as a surprise, my wife got me a Doctor Who book. She picked the one she did because, in her words, "I know this one is your favorite Doctor."

Which book and which Doctor? Well.

So, yeah, my wife knows what's up.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Five is my least favorite Doctor. He's neat in concept. After seven years of a very ego-driven and self-assured Doctor. you get a Doctor who doesn't trust himself and keeps messing up. But most of his stories are boring as Hell to me. I like "Caves of Androzani," where he kills everyone but Peri, and I like him in "The Light at The End," where he almost kills himself by bringing someone into the TARDIS. "Circular Time" and "Spare Parts" are good, too, but not because of Five.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

DoctorWhat posted:

Circular Time wouldn't work with any Doctor other than Five. The themes of the stories are deeply linked to the character qualities - and the fandom perception of - the Fifth Doctor.

This is true. I guess I'm being unfair with Five. I still find him pretty boring.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Trin Tragula posted:

How do you find Kinda and Snakedance?

Kinda's pretty OK. Snakedance, I have not seen yet. It, Time-Flight, and Four To Doomsday are the only Five stories I haven't seen.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

MrL_JaKiri posted:

Same question but I bought it 17 years ago

Have you skimmed through it yet? Or have you just run across it every couple years, staring at the cover and wondering "Is this the day I read it?" Like I have with around 1/3 of my Stephen King books.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Irish Joe posted:

Today's political update has been brought to you by a guy who dresses up like elderly British men for fun.

Okay, I laughed at this.

• Locked thread