Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
"It's times like this I miss Amy."

:allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

I'm not a doctor, but I'm fairly sure you can't just hold your breath until you pass out.

I think it was more that she couldn't breathe while there were the cyborgs around and she couldn't hold her breath that long.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Jerusalem posted:

Edit: And please never, ever, ever again use as terrible a sound effect as was used in the Doctor/Vastra mental link scene :cripes:

Hey, it's been a staple of many 50 year old franchises.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hh0VF6s-UYU

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

MrL_JaKiri posted:

Girl in the Fireplace, you should have remembered that one because this episode lifted from it liberally

They even mentioned that the crashed ship was a sister ship to that one.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
You'd have to visually alter the Cybermen pretty heavily for it to work too, whereas here it's just "dude with partially exposed skull".

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
The Doctor becoming more human has been a plot point since literally 1964.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

vegetables posted:

I think it's quite likely to be correct, on reflection. It's foreshadowed in dialogue as mentioned above, and suggested in her costume as she's dressed as a nanny. And "mistress" is another word for a female teacher, so the "Missy=Master" thing could be the case of the correct etymology giving completely the wrong answer.

There's also a theory that she may be the Valeyard in another form.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Jerusalem posted:

I'm sorry to go on yet another rant about this, but seriously, when you read a thread please just don't focus on one or two wildly negative posts as being representative of the entire thread, because it simply isn't true.

It doesn't help that the negative posts tend to come from the same people. Like, this episode is an exception because most people didn't like the T-Rex and stuff but it is a recurring thing.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

MrL_JaKiri posted:

Post it, don't post it. What's the worst/best that can happen?

Goatse for both.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Pwnstar posted:

Ok so how many times has the Doctor been to the most dangerous place in the universe because it must be like 17 times by now.

To be fair, that's a thing that would vary with time.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Bicyclops posted:

Asking for "the tumblr" verdict on something is a little like asking what the Twitter verdict is or the Wordpress verdict is in my opinion. You might as well ask the earth's consensus is.

It's code for "young woman".

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

howe_sam posted:

I mean I get that everyone on the show wanted something flashier and definitive for the pair to go out on, it just...didn't quite work. Although Angels Take Manhattan does has my all time favorite joke in the history of Doctor Who

I would've been happy with "Make the Superbowl" personally. :sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Josh Lyman posted:

But seriously, who actually thinks Daleks are scary?

Daleks are like angry dwarves with guns - very farcical, but still very dangerous.

Bicyclops posted:

I like Davros as a character at least half of the time he's used, I think.

Davros was definitely one of the high points of the S4 finale.

• Locked thread