Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

My absolute favourite moment in the whole of Deep Breath was after giving the Broom Speech, Twelve holds up the silver platter for Half-Face to have a good look in the mirror because "..there's not a trace of the original you left! You probably can't even remember where you got that face from!", and Twelve realises he's actually talking about himself. The expression on his face as he thinks about this when Half-Face throws the platter away is a great moment of acting and it's made me so excited for the rest of Capaldi's run, Moffat series arc fuckery notwithstanding.

edit: Hey J-Ru, do you think you could get a gif of that please?

Autisanal Cheese fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Aug 26, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

I thought that it was just a little too on the nose since it was pretty obvious already that what he was saying could be argued about him as well, but I agree that Capaldi acted the hell out of it - so here's the scene in question as requested:

Thanks for that! The kind of haunted look-away thing he does after the platter's taken away is pure gold as well.

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

So what's the tumbler verdict on Twelve? Is it still incessant screaming about how old he is or were they sufficiently pandered to in the first half of Deep Breath like apparently they were supposed to? Maybe DoctorWhat (he being one foot in both camps) can enlighten us?

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

DoctorWhat posted:

David looks like a tremendous goober.

• Locked thread