Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Ratspeaker posted:

NPR article on Peter Capaldi and the upcoming season: TV's New Doctor Who Has An Old Connection To The Series
They started to play this story just as I pulled into my parking space at work and I just had to stay in the car and listen to the whole thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

The only thing about the episode that I thought felt off was Clara's inability to process the Doctor's regeneration since out of all the companions you'd think she could handle the concept of regeneration. But then again they've never quite explained what exactly she remembers from being splintered across the Doctor's timeline,

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

GORDON posted:

I thought that woman was the pope chick from the Papal Mainframe without the eye makeup. That wasn't her? She was religious and welcoming the robot to Heaven supports that.

The after show thing on BBCA actually gave me good information! Apparently that was "The Gatekeeper of the Nethersphere" who shows up in the finale.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

CobiWann posted:

Normally, he's fine-to-middling for me, but tonight (I haven't seen the "post-episode" show yet), I just found him obnoxious.

Gatiss was the best part of the post-show and I wish more time had been spent talking to him. Especially his story about inviting Capaldi to visit the set of Adventures in Space and Time before being cast as the Doctor.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Spatula City posted:

COME AT ME BRO

No, you're right. Season Five is the best, most consistent season, but I think season six has the better individual episodes. God Complex really should've been the last episode for Amy and Rory :smith:

Well other than Wedding of River Song, which happened in a pocket time line and therefore never really happened and their totally :3: reunion in the following Christmas episode, but the point is their still loving in their house with the TARDIS blue door and not decades away from poor Brian (and Amy's parents), and gently caress Angels Take Manhattan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

PassTheRemote posted:

I never understood why they never had that as their last episode. It was a perfect ending of Amy's story, and the first part of season 7 is absolute dogshit.

I mean I get that everyone on the show wanted something flashier and definitive for the pair to go out on, it just...didn't quite work. Although Angels Take Manhattan does has my all time favorite joke in the history of Doctor Who

• Locked thread