Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

I origonaly posted this in DIY last week but they can't help apparently.

quote:

I'm trying to figure out how to do something.
Details:
I have a passive infrared camera and a screen for it, it's quite nice 320res 30FPS for what it cost but it's a baseline model.
It can only do white hot display which has its drawbacks and it can't capture images. I was thinking there must be a way to put a post process computer between it and the screen to change the color pallet and capture images.
The setup I've rigged so it's portable (it was built to be mounted on a car) is the camera which has a cord with a special plug that can be adapted to composite video. And a screen which receives this plug, it's a special plug that's used on cars details on request. Also there's a bag that had the 12V batter and switch where this theoretical computer would go.
It has to be a compact computer/unit to fit in the bag though not a laptop, it doesn't need a screen on it just buttons to switch pallet/capture + plug it in at home to set it up and take stuff off it.
Anyone who knows about all the gadgets in this area know how to do it?

I don't see why I can't do this, there are hundreds of apps that will do this to a real color vidoe feed on my phone and all I want to do is apply it to a feed where it would actually be useful to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

Update:

Ok I got the video feed into a little tablet, now I need to figure out how to change the colour values.

The video outputs in grey scale so 0-255, I need to be able to take that scale and add false colour to it.
So I'm looking through the webcam programs but I can't find any that will do it right.
Also I remember seeing something similar done simply with python script.

Also since the video will take up the whole screen on the tablet, a thing that just messes with the entire colour output of the screen would work.

Flannelette fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Aug 29, 2014

• Locked thread