Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

snip

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Al! posted:

would an iMac b the best solution to play mac games and shareware pre osx

maybe if it's a crt imac from like 1999

there is no modern hardware still being made that will run classic macos, just use an emulator

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

Al! posted:

Mac OS 7.1 is the sweet spot for me gaming nostalgia wise. gently caress a dosbox

uh you're gonna need a 68k mac then, ppc support didn't come until 8.5

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

Al! posted:

Mac OS 7.1 is the sweet spot for me gaming nostalgia wise. gently caress a dosbox

yessssss

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

a surprising number of games work fine in OS 9

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

i know this because my PowerPC Powwerbook G4 runs the classic environment and i play sim city 2000 and civilization 2 all the time

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
video game threads go in the grey forums where the rest of the unsufferable fucklords are, imo

i bet i can guess why the previous one got closed

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

graph posted:

video game threads go in the grey forums where the rest of the unsufferable fucklords are, imo

computer game chat - not allowed

fantasy football - allowed???????

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

it was fine until people started getting obsessed with they-who-shall-not-be-named

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

computer game chat - not allowed

allowed in the grey forum where the babies post about their baby game

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I have an old power mac g4 lying around which could in theory run macos 9 but it also has a radeon 9800 video card which they never released classic drivers for

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Silver Alicorn posted:

uh you're gonna need a 68k mac then, ppc support didn't come until 8.5

time to but a bid on that quadra I've had my eye on

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

graph posted:

if you guessed "because socracheese had another sociopathic meltdown after trying to assert his superiority over others based on arbitrary criteria," you're correct!

Socracheese
Oct 20, 2008

Werthog 95 posted:

if you guessed "because socracheese had another sociopathic meltdown after trying to assert his superiority over others based on arbitrary criteria," you're correct!

hmm, sounds pretty bad, sounds like you should go post in the games forum instead, where much better posters reside who will be sympathetic to your manbaby sensibilities

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

just meet up and suck eachothers dicks already

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Werthog 95 posted:

link, lol

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Al! posted:

that doesn't sound very productive.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

graph posted:

link, lol

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3628672&userid=142338&perpage=40&pagenumber=2

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Werthog 95 posted:

that doesn't sound very productive.

oral sex is by definition unproductive

bonermobile
Sep 20, 2010

i;m gay for video games

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Al! posted:

this is why i only get blown in tents on mountains. if i ain't hiking/camping, i ain't living.

Socracheese
Oct 20, 2008

i just re-read all of this and i stand by it 100%

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

as long as we're making forums suggestions maybe take this dumb slap fight to gbs

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Al! posted:

text meeeeee

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot
dota and la-mulana are fun video games

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Werthog 95 posted:

you heard it here first, folks, drive to hell is a bad game.

it's so much better now with the new art (which i still need to get out to desura and poo poo)

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

Yodzilla that is a quality game you made there for the iOS App Store [Bungle!]

it's extremely simple but the effort shows with the art and gameplay features

edit: here's the link just in case anyone is curious https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/bungle!/id888310447?mt=8

yeah my significant other in game dev does real nice arts. that style worked out super well for us but here's what the original Olly Overload looked like

which was lol for the game jam but not really mass market friendly

bitchtard
Dec 3, 2010

i started playing civ iv and they make it super hard to just kicjk back and shoot poo poo

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

i finished shovel knight like a month ago and all i've played since then is pinball.

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

lmao yeah that is pretty dark for the app store, but would work well on newgrounds

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
new games thread needs a new upbeat boss battle video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvQ7xNx4ndc&t=551s
yr welcome

bonermobile
Sep 20, 2010

also i bought demon's souls the other day and it seems way easier than dark souls 1 & 2 so far, i've killed phalanx and tower knight and only died twice

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot

bump_fn posted:

new games thread needs a new upbeat boss battle video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvQ7xNx4ndc&t=551s
yr welcome
this plays on a constant loop for me when i post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyTbDtQSgW4

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

Al! posted:

uh i'd say it's fairly productive, depending on the guy. the product is consumed upon release

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

bonermobile posted:

also i bought demon's souls the other day and it seems way easier than dark souls 1 & 2 so far, i've killed phalanx and tower knight and only died twice

yeah i think if you've already played the others than demon's is going to be a bit easier. might be some bosses and areas later that give you trouble though but nothing early on

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

bonermobile posted:

probably because you've already played those two games, I suspect (the skillset is pretty similar between the games)

also, I'm curious about how well you'll do in the storm world (I forget the name, the one with the manta rays)

Socracheese
Oct 20, 2008

im the white guy who does nothing but murder people

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Socracheese posted:

im the white guy who does nothing but murder people

no cop talk

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

PleasingFungus posted:

probably because you've already played those two games, I suspect (the skillset is pretty similar between the games)

also, I'm curious about how well you'll do in the storm world (I forget the name, the one with the manta rays)

shrine of storms :black101:

demons is also more exploitable, mostly because you can stockpile heals and the magic system is totally different

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

haveblue posted:

shrine of storms :black101:

demons is also more exploitable, mostly because you can stockpile heals and the magic system is totally different

about ten yosgame threads ago, I wrote a fuckin' essay about how bad the demon's souls magic system was

it was so bad!!!!

• Locked thread