Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Welcome all, to The Grand Budapest Hotel. One of the finest hotels in the Republic of Zubrowka. The ideal guest limit is 16 people, so the earlier you reserve your place, the better. Unfortunately, we do have a little.. war problem that may be stirring outside of our walls.. and a few bad eggs inside of them - if you see these eggs, do not fret please! We do not condone murder at the Grand Budapest Hotel - but a few residents have ended up missing in mysterious circumstances. They must hide the bodies in the snowbanks outside, since I've yet to smell the stench of a rotting corpse - even though, erm, there has been a bit a new problem that has cropped up, which I will get to a little later but I do not want to overburden you with all of the bad things going on. I do not mean to scare you at all, in fact, our amenities are so top of the line that you will feel as if you're in another world entirely. Please, try to relax and forget about all of your problems - our wonderful concierge and room service staff will be at your beck and call. Stay safe, stay warm.

Hotel Rules / Game Information

• Activity/Effort: Activity is my biggest things, a lot of my games have been plagued by it - if you're willing to sign up, I assume you're willing enough to be active enough to post at least a few times a day. If not, that's fine - but you should never have less posts than the mod - again, there always is somebody else that could be wanting to play and will want to be more active. I also ask just for a bit of effort - again, when the whole game is apathetic or shitposting, it's not very fun to mod when you know you put a lot of effort into it. Thank you!

• Editing/Role Quoting/General Rules: Just don't do anything that isn't in the spirit of mafia. Don't edit your posts a day afterwards (doing it after a post is fine, just write that you're editing it if you get caught by the forums), don't quote your role PM, don't break the game. Don't post after a hammer - things you already know basically.. other than that, yeah just have fun and don't be too much of a jerk.

• Days/Nights: Game days will last 3 to 4 regular days, game nights will last 24 hours to submit a night action. There will be a twilight after every day lynch. Each lynch is done through majority vote - if a player needs 10 votes to be voted, and gets 10 - they will be instantly lynched. If at deadline there is not a majority, a plurality lynch will occur - whoever has the most votes will be lynched. A no-lynch is also possible if you choose to specifically vote that option. In the case of a tie, the first person to be voted for will be voted out (if DBD had 6 votes, and Ecco had 6 but 1 of them came at the last minute, DBD would be voted out).

• Roles/Signups: I often add a few new experimental roles, but it should all be explained in your PM. If you ever have any questions, please shoot me an email or a private message and I will be happy to answer it - it's a very preferred method instead of posting in the thread. Newbies are welcome, and encouraged, to join my games as long as you will be active - it may seem overwhelming at first but it's addicting once you get into mafia.

• Roles Part II: Roles will be completely randomized. Bad guys in the movie could be good guys in the game, and vice versa. Flavor will incorporate parts of the movie. Flavor in-thread will be done for fun, flavor in your private messages may be important - so keep your eyes open.

• Votefinder: Votefinder information will always be on 2nd post of this thread. As well as updated periodically throughout the game.

:blush: The Incredibly Sneaky Body Harvester :blush:
code:

ATTENTION! There is an incredibly dangerous fellow (or madame) out there..

.. Collecting body parts in one of the hotel rooms. 

Finding a frozen limb roll out of the freezer is not one of our kitchen staff's finest hours. 

The Body Harvester needs 6 things for their "hunt":

1 Whole Head (of his arch-enemy, the Limb Inspector) (lethal)
2 Arms (non-lethal)
2 Legs (non-lethal)
1 Torso (non-lethal)

If they attain all of these parts, we fear it may be too late. 

Rumour has it that the Harvester takes 1 limb a night.

Players affected by a de-limbing will be temporarily unable to talk about..

...What happened to them as if they forgot about it..

Please proceed to use the hotel with caution.

Do be aware of the ravenous killer(s) that may be lurking about.

And be sure to call authorities if you see anything suspicious!

Deadbeat Dad fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Aug 30, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Players (16):

1. bowmore
  2. CapitalistPig
  3. Ernie.
  4. GulagDolls
  5. King Burgundy
  6. Kumbamontu
  7. Magnus Gallant
  8. Meinberg
  9. Opopanax
  10. Somberbrero
  11. Tremendous Taste
  12. Your Personal Muse

Replacements:

1. VivaNova

Deadbeat Dad fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Sep 7, 2014

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Yes yes yes yes best Wes Anderson yet

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Ernie. posted:

RT

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Ernie. posted:

What no way.

Also I'm in because I love me some goofy Wes antics.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

What's the new av? I've seen it around tumblr I think

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
Favorite movie thus far this year, sign me up

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Me Play

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Tremendous Taste posted:

What's the new av? I've seen it around tumblr I think

I think that's where I saw it. Also it looks like me as a kid with an egg on my head.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Somberbrero posted:

What no way.

Also I'm in because I love me some goofy Wes antics.

I am willing to argue this to death once I'm near a computer

The only other movie that I'd classify as transcendent was the royal tenenbaums but you can't really compare the two movies unless you're talking about how Wes Anderson's style affected them

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
Meeeeeeeeeeee

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

i am glad someone FINALLY is supporting me on idea that you can live without your torso. i'm off to my garage now

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

GulagDolls posted:

i am glad someone FINALLY is supporting me on idea that you can live without your torso. i'm off to my garage now

Who needs sick abs anyway. I'm laughing at the thought of living without a torso but just bare with me for the game.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Let's do this!

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

FINALLY I AM THE TOTAL OPPOSITE OF RAYMAN

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Ernie. posted:

The only other movie that I'd classify as transcendent was the royal tenenbaums but you can't really compare the two movies unless you're talking about how Wes Anderson's style affected them

I would agree with this, I think every one of his films are his best at something though

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
I think his best movie was zoolander

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Sure, let's do it

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Magnus Gallant posted:

I think his best movie was zoolander

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Ernie. posted:

1) Life Aquatic
2) Rushmore(personal favorite)
3) Royal Tenenbaums
4) GBH
6) Fantastic Mr. Fox
7) Darjeeling Limited/Hotel Chevalier
8) Bottle Rocket
9) Moonrise Kingdom

your move.

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

The most epic adventure ever undertaken
Dear Mr. Dad,

I would love nothing more than to make a reservation at this fine establishment, but a prior engagement prevents me at this time.

Do be a good man, and put me down as a replacement though! You never know when plans can go awry...

Please give my regards to the other guests.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Rushmore is the best you fools.

Sign me up if there is still room.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Aw yisss DBD game

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
I probably shouldn't sign up for this, since I'm already in a game, signed up for another.

But let's do this.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
Limb harvester is going to be a cool mechanic. Hopefully I don't get harvested

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Magnus Gallant posted:

Limb harvester is going to be a cool mechanic. Hopefully I don't get harvested

I'm actually the harvester, your body is mine.

Still 5 spots left.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Yes sign me up

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Deadbeat Dad posted:

I'm actually the harvester, your body is mine.

Still 5 spots left.

Noooooooooooo~~~

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIYfSY1PjFs

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I still haven't seen Fantastic Mr. Fox!

My favourites in order:

1) Moonrise Kingdom
2) Grand Budapest Hotel
3) Darjeeling Limited
4) Rushmore
6) Royal Tenebaums
7) Life Aquatic
8) Bottle Rocket

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

1) Grand Budapest Hotel
2) The Royal Tenenbaums
3) Life Aquatic
4) Rushmore
5) Darjeeling Limited
6) Moonrise Kingdom
7) Fantastic Mr. Fox
8) Bottle Rocket

:colbert:

Any list that has Mr. Fox as being better than Moonrise Kingdom is just plain wrong. The art of portraying two children on a screen with the ebbing and flowing of perfect writing and camera work framed just so to make sure it is never creepy was probably Wes Anderson's finest moment as a director.

Also bowmore, I noticed your #5 joke. :golfclap:

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I was wondering if anyone would haha

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Still need ~players~

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
You should post it in The TG Recruitment Thread, might get a couple of players.

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

I really, really shouldn't join with just starting a new job but I love his dumb movies and DBD's games so yes.

P.S. Life Aquatic is the best, and Mr. Fox is last not Bottle Rocket.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Grats dhd

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

Thanks, I am going to be terrible at it!

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

This was the one Wes Anderson movie I hadn't seen. I corrected that. I think this was the best one.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!
I didn't realize this game still needed players. Should list all 16 slots in the OP and leave the unfilled ones blank.

Signup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

DuckHuntDog posted:

Thanks, I am going to be terrible at it!

ah...you got job as professional mafia player!!!!!

• Locked thread