Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

A couple of hipsters opened a store that stocks all kinds of American soft drinks. I went there today for the novelty of tasting whatever nerds on the internet like to drink. I can sure tell you that Dr Pepper tastes gross to my euro palate, and A&W Cream Soda is somehow even worse, like rancid carbonated custard. I poured both of them down the drain. Mountain Dew is kind of 7up-ish, but sweeter and with a really cool color. I might buy that one again.

But, I'm not here to rant about sodas. The dude that works there, a bespectacled young man sporting an Islamic State style beard, told me they will be ordering snacks and sweets from the US soon and that I can suggest whatever I would like to try via their Facebook page. So I'm asking you kindly to recommend some typical snacks representative of the American culture. Preferably vegan. Not a bowl of dick please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011
dicks

Julien Sorel
Jan 27, 2006

Voted Worst Marksman of 1830
butts

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

I knew it. Thanks anyway.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Single serving cups of dick

E; for real tho 'dick' is US slang for delicious chocolate bars, u should go back to the store and ask for some

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
how do you not like dr pepper, providing the temperature and atmospheric conditions are optimal its great

king salmon
Oct 30, 2011

by Cowcaster
you don't deserve our snacks, commie

you'd just spit them down the drain

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
Snap Into a Slim Jim

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011

gently caress the ROW posted:

how do you not like dr pepper, providing the temperature and atmospheric conditions are optimal its great

i was also deeply disturbed he didn't like dr pepper

Modus Operandi
Oct 5, 2010
Superior european lips on cock.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Deep fried potato chips or 'crisps'

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

Please do tell more. It tasted like cyanide to me.

sexy mouse
Sep 18, 2008

sexy eye~
sexy nose~
sexy mouse~
don't you know~
your mom

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot

Iseeyouseemeseeyou posted:

i was also deeply disturbed he didn't like dr pepper

Yeah it's wierding me out

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot

mcustic posted:

Please do tell more. It tasted like cyanide to me.

Dr Pepper has 23 flavors and is generally considered a pretty good soft drink, its possible this iranian or whatever you're getting them from might be buying old ones

edit: I'm thinking of some other snacks. But certainly slim jim to start with - this'll get you in the proper American frame of mind

PenguinBob
Oct 12, 2000
does anybody have that cool menu board where everything's like "hosed EGGS" and "ROASTED FETUS" and stuff?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.
Cadbury Creme Eggs

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
are you sure you should be snacking on junk food instead of celery?

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
butterscoth krimpets and corn nuts

Glasgow Kiss
Dec 12, 2007

Oh, put that thing away, Samurai. We all know what's going to happen. You'll swing your sword, I'll fly away, and probably say something like, "I'll be back, Samurai!" And then I'll flutter over the horizon and we probably won't see each for... about a week. And then we'll do the same thing again.
insinuating that mountain dew is better than dr pepper

jesus christ i am shaking here. i need another glass of dr pep to cool down.

imandyyo
Mar 19, 2012
Yodels

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
I just noticed that poo poo about mountain dew being good and I'm thinking this guy is a troll

The Wurst Poster
Apr 8, 2005

Literally the Wurst...

Seriously...

For REALSIES.

Cheetoes. To go with the mountain dew. It's the goon way.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Eat some chicken breast you fat gently caress

Glasgow Kiss
Dec 12, 2007

Oh, put that thing away, Samurai. We all know what's going to happen. You'll swing your sword, I'll fly away, and probably say something like, "I'll be back, Samurai!" And then I'll flutter over the horizon and we probably won't see each for... about a week. And then we'll do the same thing again.

Toiletron 9000 posted:

Cheetoes. To go with the mountain dew. It's the goon way.

hot or regular

careful with your answer

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

Dr Pepper has 23 flavors and is generally considered a pretty good soft drink, its possible this iranian or whatever you're getting them from might be buying old ones

edit: I'm thinking of some other snacks. But certainly slim jim to start with - this'll get you in the proper American frame of mind

I got the plain one, they stock at least a dozen flavors so I'll try another one. The expiration date on the bottom of the can is almost a year from today, I think that means it's fresh.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I just noticed that poo poo about mountain dew being good and I'm thinking this guy is a troll

Possibly. He requested "Vegan American snacks".

Glasgow Kiss
Dec 12, 2007

mcustic posted:

I got the plain one, they stock at least a dozen flavors so I'll try another one. The expiration date on the bottom of the can is almost a year from today, I think that means it's fresh.

true speak, dr pepper kinda tastes similar to root beers but not quite. i hear most people born outside of like north america kinda hate the taste of root beer, so it maybe it our form of vegemite.

PlantRobot
Feb 13, 2010
i had dr pepper from ~2010 recently (contest on it ended in 2011) and it tasted like tangy scum water. it was dr pepper ten though so maybe it always tastes like that.

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot

mcustic posted:

Personally as an American my favorite snacks are Mexican soft drinks and beef jerky. And jalepeno chips

Modus Operandi
Oct 5, 2010
Did you try reese's pieces yet. You can be just like E.T.

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011

Personally as an American my favorite snacks are Mexican soft drinks and beef jerky. And jalepeno chips

you are my long lost brother

Glasgow Kiss
Dec 12, 2007

mmmm yeah jarritos are p. bomb

you irl
Jan 22, 2014
fyi im a pepper

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Moxie cola is the best American cola. So delicious!

Also, any Drake's product is pretty American. Funny Bones, Ring Dings, etc.

you irl
Jan 22, 2014
cream of scrot

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

Are the Mexican sodas made with actual sugar? Because I've noticed it makes a big difference to me. That's why I always get the imported Coke from Bosnia, not the local one that's made with fructose syrup.
And jalapeno chips, I can confirm they're delicious. Although I've grown quite fond of the premium British brands that offer thick cut, kettle baked crisps. Event the vinegar ones, it's madness.

PenguinBob
Oct 12, 2000

PenguinBob posted:

does anybody have that cool menu board where everything's like "hosed EGGS" and "ROASTED FETUS" and stuff?

somebody please. i do not have search because it was taken from me by a games mod.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Modus Operandi
Oct 5, 2010
According to the food blogs and yelp real sugar is superior to that corn syrup poo poo and even better when injected directly into the vein.

• Locked thread