Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

A couple of hipsters opened a store that stocks all kinds of American soft drinks. I went there today for the novelty of tasting whatever nerds on the internet like to drink. I can sure tell you that Dr Pepper tastes gross to my euro palate, and A&W Cream Soda is somehow even worse, like rancid carbonated custard. I poured both of them down the drain. Mountain Dew is kind of 7up-ish, but sweeter and with a really cool color. I might buy that one again.

But, I'm not here to rant about sodas. The dude that works there, a bespectacled young man sporting an Islamic State style beard, told me they will be ordering snacks and sweets from the US soon and that I can suggest whatever I would like to try via their Facebook page. So I'm asking you kindly to recommend some typical snacks representative of the American culture. Preferably vegan. Not a bowl of dick please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

I knew it. Thanks anyway.

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

gently caress the ROW posted:

how do you not like dr pepper, providing the temperature and atmospheric conditions are optimal its great

Please do tell more. It tasted like cyanide to me.

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

Dr Pepper has 23 flavors and is generally considered a pretty good soft drink, its possible this iranian or whatever you're getting them from might be buying old ones

edit: I'm thinking of some other snacks. But certainly slim jim to start with - this'll get you in the proper American frame of mind

I got the plain one, they stock at least a dozen flavors so I'll try another one. The expiration date on the bottom of the can is almost a year from today, I think that means it's fresh.

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

Personally as an American my favorite snacks are Mexican soft drinks and beef jerky. And jalepeno chips

Are the Mexican sodas made with actual sugar? Because I've noticed it makes a big difference to me. That's why I always get the imported Coke from Bosnia, not the local one that's made with fructose syrup.
And jalapeno chips, I can confirm they're delicious. Although I've grown quite fond of the premium British brands that offer thick cut, kettle baked crisps. Event the vinegar ones, it's madness.

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

PenguinBob posted:

somebody please. i do not have search because it was taken from me by a games mod.

This is not what you asked for, but it's pretty hosed up.

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

Ferid posted:

I think brits don't have Oreos? Oreos are kind of poo poo though.

They're not that good, but at least they're vegan. They're widely available throughout Europe nowadays.

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

Peanuts is murder under veganism, right? This basically rules out all american snakcs

Never heard of that. The dude from the shop says they're ordering Cheetos, Fritos, Doritos, Lays and Reese's.

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

1. Dortio
2. Cheeto
3. Reese
4. Frito
5. Lays

Thanks man, you're cool.

Also, lmao at people being offended over taste in soft drinks.

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

Ben&Jerry's ice cream, Bud and Miller are confirmed. I will definitely ask for fancier beers. Are the ones mentioned a few posts up common enough to be widely available?

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

MondayHotDog posted:

Sierra Nevada probably is, the others, no. Sam Adams is a pretty good beer that's widely available.

I remember Sam Adams, that's Obama's favorite beer, right? I kind of like him, so I'll ask for that one.

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

Disco Infiva posted:

Give me the address OP, I wanna check that place. Also no, local coke is also made from regular sugar, not corn syrup we aren't animals.

Petra i Tome Erdodyja 6. Knock yourself out.

And read the labels. Our Coke is made with syrup. Bosnian Coke, available at Spar, and sometimes specialty German Coke, available at Muller, are made with sugar.

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

Helical Nightmares posted:

I'm not sure how you can dislike Dr Pepper and in the same breath say you like Mountain Dew. Mountain Dew manages to be too loving sugary and acidic at the same time. I could probably use it to clean a bathtub. Yeah that Vanilla A&W stuff is too sweet and pretty much poo poo. An acceptible root beer is Barq's but the much better versions generally don't come in a can I've found.

I don't know, must be an acquired taste. Mountain Dew tastes a bit like 7UP, but sweeter. I can live with that. Dr Pepper is just weird to me. Looks like Coke, tastes like bitter almonds. I like Fanta, though. Talk about cultures clashing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

BigBadSteve posted:

Like many Americans, I love large fat-filled fast food meals washed down with diet soda.

That's the spirit, gotta stay healthy. :haw:

• Locked thread