Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
I have a feeling they're going to start the dredge and it's just going to continuously break and fall apart every 5 minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
The dredge is the only thing keeping me watching the season otherwise I would have deleted the timer.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Finale (?) on right now. Plus a Dodge brothers special at 10.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

What did the claim owner expect for them to get and why didn't he make that goal clear to the hoffman's? He came off like a real shitbag even for a TV show.

Bankok
Sep 10, 2004

SPARTA!!!

Photex posted:

What did the claim owner expect for them to get and why didn't he make that goal clear to the hoffman's? He came off like a real shitbag even for a TV show.

Yeah, that all seemed really scripted to me, even more so than usual. I honestly have no idea what Parker's beef is, you signed the contract, don't act shocked and upset about it now.

The Dodge's were interesting at least.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
I was laughing my rear end off at that uptight claim owner's gasfaces being edited into the triumphant 1000oz celebration, and the bad news continued the guffaws because bad things happening to team hoffman and then being manipulated further by narrative scripting will never cease being a riot.

Hell, even Parker taking his team for granted one more time and then making a narrowminded mission statement that involves blowing his bank on purchasing a marshy shantytown was very unintentionally funny with schadenfreude. :cmon:

This season missing the Dakotas has been like a tremendous gaping chasm in the core of the show. Somehow running the exactly same dredge segment (even more samey than the other team's segments are to each other) for 20 consecutive episodes isn't a barnburner.

TheRationalRedditor fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Feb 28, 2015

Zteuer
Nov 8, 2009
Season finale next week according to wikipedia where "Parker, Tony and Todd discuss the season".

Also first episode of this seasons Yukon Gold was this week, did anyone watch it?

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler
Between Parker being whiny and Jack's cheesy reveals (only 16oz, oh and look at the 100 I had hidden behind my back) this is getting old. I hope we get some Viking dredge mining next year.

Bankok posted:

The Dodge's were interesting at least.

Some cool tech, and love how they wedged the wash plant in the side of the hill.

tomapot fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Feb 28, 2015

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

I had a beer with Stephen Harper once and now I like him.

Fun Shoe

Zteuer posted:

Season finale next week according to wikipedia where "Parker, Tony and Todd discuss the season".

Also first episode of this seasons Yukon Gold was this week, did anyone watch it?

I did. Should be... More competent than every one on this show, so probably boring with more French accents.

Fejsze
May 13, 2013

Only you are the fish of my dreams
The Dodge special just served to remind me why I was so dissatisfied with this season. A 4 person crew doing something awesome on a remote creek with limited equipment. And they still managed to get half what the Hofftards did with all those people running 24 hours a day and a wash plant that did something like 4x the volume of the Dodges' (If that was even their legit total, which I seriously doubt since all the "reveal" scenes were clearly shot at one time after the season was over). Hopefully Bering Sea Gold is good this year. And yay Yukon Gold is back.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

haven't they gotten busted for reusing identifiably old jars as props more than once? lmao

PowerBuilder3
Apr 21, 2010
Is there any reliable site to buy a real raw gold nugget? I never buy weird poo poo, but I just want to own a nugget. I googled around but the sites I found seemed a little non-pro.

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler

PowerBuilder3 posted:

Is there any reliable site to buy a real raw gold nugget? I never buy weird poo poo, but I just want to own a nugget. I googled around but the sites I found seemed a little non-pro.

You can always try your luck with an official Gold Rush panning kit, http://www.whateverworks.com/itemdy00.aspx?T1=KF4685

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Zteuer posted:

The claim owner has poo poo land and has the balls to say their goal was disappointing. After they said many people have gone bankrupt mining his claim. I'd GTFO while I still could and tell him to piss off.

I have Yukon Gold set on my Tivo from last season, but I didn't see any new episodes on it this week. What station is it airing on? Maybe it's Canada only for now?

Also Bering Sea Gold is back (this week? Next?)! Still my favorite show. I just FFW through all the insanity drama that is caused by living in the middle of nowhere Alaska.

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

I had a beer with Stephen Harper once and now I like him.

Fun Shoe

Philthy posted:

The claim owner has poo poo land and has the balls to say their goal was disappointing. After they said many people have gone bankrupt mining his claim. I'd GTFO while I still could and tell him to piss off.

I have Yukon Gold set on my Tivo from last season, but I didn't see any new episodes on it this week. What station is it airing on? Maybe it's Canada only for now?

Also Bering Sea Gold is back (this week? Next?)! Still my favorite show. I just FFW through all the insanity drama that is caused by living in the middle of nowhere Alaska.

Episode 2 has already aired up here in the GWN. Big Al is not in it though. :(

I didn't realize I've missed a whole season, jeeze.

Zteuer
Nov 8, 2009

Philthy posted:

You may watch it online here if your computer lives in Canada: http://www.history.ca/video/#yukon-gold/video/full-episodes

Fejsze
May 13, 2013

SpannerX posted:

Episode 2 has already aired up here in the GWN. Big Al is not in it though. :(

Awww. I loved Big Al. He's like a Canadian Tony Beets.

Fejsze
May 13, 2013

Came across this today, it was pretty entertaining.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euA-dSHcNdg

TLDW: Hoffman's *actual* profit for the season: -$1.5M+++

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Nothing beats when he hung the season on a teaspoon of industrial grade diamonds worth a couple hundred bucks.

Factor Mystic
Mar 20, 2006

Baby's First Post-Apocalyptic Fiction
No the best Todd moment was when they were moving their stuff down the river in guyana and the local river barge guy had to leave because they didn't hire him for the whole day.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

Literally everything they ever attempt to portray on this show via talking heads or the narrator is a complete lie & fabrication. There's so much dialogue badly stitched together every single episode that it's a riot, haha.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
Common sense will tell you that. Like Parker's claim that 2000 ounces will give him enough to buy his own claim, completely ignoring everything he has to take out of that 2000 ounces to pay for everything.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
The better gold show is back.

Edit: Good to see Emily still has big dreams but can't do anything right.

Zero One fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Mar 14, 2015

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Lol at that guy who drove his Chevy into a river.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

FogHelmut posted:

Lol at that guy who drove his Chevy into a river.

If it was a Ford it would have made it.

Also LOL at Parker making Todd look like a rookie every chance he can get.

Photex fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Mar 14, 2015

Fejsze
May 13, 2013

Hooray Bering Sea Gold is back.

I'm really looking forward to that Kelly kid taking the dredge out from under his worthless father.

And how many episodes until Emily either a) burns the dredge down in the middle of the bay, or b) has her entire crew quit (or get fired) again?

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

This scene in the last Gold Rush where Todd is telling his friend and his dad he isn't a miner anymore, is one of the phoniest scenes in the laziest way possible. I know the show's storylines are heavily manipulated, it's that they didn't even try which bothers me.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Looks like a good start to the season. I had to fast forward through the part of that married guys pregnant girlfriend yelling at him, though. The family drama poo poo should be cut entirely. I just want to see the gold.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Philthy posted:

Looks like a good start to the season. I had to fast forward through the part of that married guys pregnant girlfriend yelling at him, though. The family drama poo poo should be cut entirely. I just want to see the gold.

the only family drama we should be seeing is the Pomrenke's since it's a father and son business.

Fejsze
May 13, 2013

Fejsze posted:

And how many episodes until Emily either a) burns the dredge down in the middle of the bay, or b) has her entire crew quit (or get fired) again?

7. The answer is 7.

The dysfunction this seas has been pretty great.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Photex posted:

the only family drama we should be seeing is the Pomrenke's since it's a father and son business.

This I don't mind so much, but when they start yelling at each other I just fast forward through that, too. If they do land and water mining, they'd probably have enough for their own show, which I'd watch.

PowerBuilder3
Apr 21, 2010

quote:

NOTICE

Nome Offshore East and West Beach Recreational Mining Areas

The Department of Natural Resources, Division of Mining, Land and Water, hereby gives notice that May 31, 2015 will be the deadline for the division to receive offshore suction dredge applications from miners interested in mining in the Nome offshore east and west beach recreational mining areas during calendar year 2015. This deadline is being implemented as a precautionary measure to mitigate potential safety concerns, prevent overcrowding, and provide for efficient processing of the permits and effective management of the two recreational mining areas.

The DNR has received numerous inquiries about how to obtain a gold claim offshore of Nome, Alaska. These inquires are from viewers of the Discovery Channel’s reality series - ‘Bering Sea Gold’. Many of the viewers who have contacted DNR have indicated they would like to acquire their own gold claim in the Bering Sea so they could mine their claim like the miners in the series. This is not the case (see below).

The DNR had an offshore lease sale at Nome in fall 2011. The Discovery Channel was at the Lease Sale. The DNR will likely not have another lease sale offshore of Nome until these leases expire in 2021. Gold claims cannot be acquired offshore of Nome, only leases in specific areas are ever issued.

Because of the mild interest in gold at Nome the past number of years, the DNR created an offshore recreational mining area (320 acres in size) in 1998 east of Nome. Because of the substantial interest in gold at Nome with the significant recent increase in the price of gold, the DNR created another offshore recreational area (250 acres in size) in 2010 west of Nome.

Regardless of what the Discovery Channel Series may convey, gold claims in the Bering Sea are not available for the public to acquire. The only areas for the public to mine are the above two recreational mining areas. These areas have limitations however, and can only accommodate recreational dredges. If you are interested in these areas, please refer to the links in the right hand column on this page to obtain further information about mining in these recreational areas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
So what defines recreational dredging? Wouldn't that pretty much kill all the shows dredges that aren't working the Tomcot claim? They're doing it for a living, not for fun. The only exception would be that skinny Irish brother who teamed up with the other dude who was up there on his vacation from his real job.

• Locked thread