Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blargag
Aug 24, 2014

Friar John posted:

If anyone's reading this, you should run another Numenera game!

You know what? I SHOULD run a Numenera game. Of course, I was thinking about running a Skype/IRC game, not play-by-post, anyone interested? But if anyone wants to run another PbP, I'm game.

Actually, screw it. If there's interest, I'll run a PbP version of the game I came up with.

EDIT: I has a thread now. http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3662182

Blargag fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Sep 2, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AzMiLion
Dec 29, 2010

Truck you say?

Friar John posted:

Alright, time to make some picks. It was pretty difficult, and I'm glad there was such a showing. If anyone's reading this, you should run another Numenera game!

I probably should at some point yeah, Have fun guys! Friar is a drat good player and probably a fuckin awesome GM as well!

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

Hello all, I'm going to be a little busy with work the next week or two, but I'll sneak in posts when I can. I know, great timing, but what you can do?

As far as links go:

I suggest that Ohrmazd be leery of Susan, superficially because she is a foreigner who associates with machines, but more honestly because her powers speak to him in ways that unsettle him.

For my other link, I'm open to suggestions. Susan probably makes her trade as a folk magician.

ThreeStep
Nov 5, 2009
Looked and everyone's connections and I see Paschal's already suspicious of Eater, nice :v:. I figure she isn't obnoxiously flagrant with her powers but she's pretty casual about working little flashy cantrips and healing people while standing uncomfortably close.

Maybe Eater's a little leery of Susan, in a "you're getting results with your abilities but I don't get why you insist on the unnecessary trappings" way. Or something.

So who wants to think that Eater's a messiah or some sort of strange being?

Tran
Feb 17, 2011

It's a pleasure to meet all of you. Especially in such a fine settin' as this. Just need us some music an' a brawl an' we'll be set.
Yeah I went ahead and wrote in the connections as I saw 'em. Doesn't mean they can't change if someone has a good suggestion though.

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

Alright, here's the proposed connections so far:

• Paschal sensed something strange in Eater's mind. Now he's sticking around to see if she's really something different or just a fellow member of the flash trade. Either way it should prove enlightening.
  • Paschal's long hours spent working and socializing with Charus have left them with a lasting mental connection. Free short range telepathy and Charus is immune to Paschal's Psychic Burst.
  • Charus learned to control his phasing from Paschal
  • Ohrmazd is suspicious of Susan because of her heritage
  • Ohrmazd is suspicious of Susan because of her powers
  • Charus is immune to Ohrmazd's fire through a quirk of fate.

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

Saberwulf, what would you think of Mazu befriending Susan and making a ritual drum for her? Sailors like magicians, right? :v:

Edit: For reference, here are the four official suggestions for links arising from Talks to Machines.

1. Pick one other PC. That character
    seems to have a terrible relationship with
    machines—or at least the machines that you
    communicate with. If she is next to a machine
    that you interact with in a friendly manner,
    that machine is treated in all ways as being
    one level lower than normal (unless doing
    so benefits you or her, in which case the level
    does not change).
  2. Pick one other PC. He seems especially
    leery of you, though this could just be your
    perception.
  3. Pick one other PC. She has a small
    machine among her equipment but won’t tell
    you any details about it or let you see it.
  4. Pick one other PC. You know that
    this character knows an incriminating or
    embarrassing secret about you, and you hope
    that he doesn’t reveal it.

Haystack fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Sep 3, 2014

Friar John
Aug 3, 2007

Saint Francis be my speed! how oft to-night
Have my old feet stumbled at graves!
Ok, feel free to keep working on connections, but the game thread is now up! :ducksiren::justpost::ducksiren::justpost:

saberwulf
Mar 3, 2009

Pipe rifles and snack cakes.

Haystack posted:

Saberwulf, what would you think of Mazu befriending Susan and making a ritual drum for her? Sailors like magicians, right? :v:

Yeah, sounds good to me! Mazu probably hacked some metal off an ancient sunken ship and made a steel tongue drum with fancy painted designs all over it for her. The age makes it more magic, obviously.

Also woo, posting time!

Friar John
Aug 3, 2007

Saint Francis be my speed! how oft to-night
Have my old feet stumbled at graves!

saberwulf posted:

Also woo, posting time!
Yes, now go update Vortex :v:

AzMiLion
Dec 29, 2010

Truck you say?

Friar John posted:

Yes, now go update Vortex :v:

Haaarsh, I'm reading along by the way, I see great things in the future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

saberwulf
Mar 3, 2009

Pipe rifles and snack cakes.
Sorry about disappearing like that, I was moving house and doing work with my dad. Good news is I have faster internet now! I'll have a post up in a few hours.

• Locked thread