Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Henchman of Santa posted:

Bad:
-The Lions secondary looked predictably awful and got burned all night by something called an Allen Hurns.
-The whole team committed a Schwartzian number of penalties.
-Stafford started out terribly and threw a pick to a defensive end.

Good:
-Ziggy Ansah and Calvin Johnson look ready to play again.
-Tahir Whitehead played out of his mind.
-George Johnson might be an nice rotational piece to the d-line.
-Ryan Broyles :3:
-Joique and Reggie are a pretty good "thunder and lightning" combo still.

The secondary seemed to play pure man defense which I dont think we will be doing much in the regular season.

But yeah, that game looked exactly like the Lions of last few years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself

Brannock posted:

Packers-Seahawks Week 1 is going to be absolutely incredible to watch.

That, or the Packers are going to get obliterated. Seattle is loving crazy good.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

sean10mm posted:

:patssay:

I hated the Garoppolo pick, but he's looked really good. All the usual preseason disclaimers apply, but he's been calm in the pocket and consistently makes good decisions. If nothing else he's already more advanced as a total noob than Mallett is after several years. That's a low bar to clear, but still.
You should've known he'd be good based on his good looks

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

That, or the Packers are going to get obliterated. Seattle is loving crazy good.

Yessssss, add more chips to Rodgers's shoulder. Go on, go on. :twisted:

I'm just glad it's the first game of the season so we don't have to stress out about its impact on ~Playoffs~ or anything. I can't remember being this hype for the first NFL game of the season in recent memory.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
You'll all say that until the first time they mention Fail Mary

And the next 60-80 times

And 12th Man Chat. And maybe a Macklemore Cam

I miss the simpler days of fish tossing and Nirvana bumper music

OSheaman
May 27, 2004

Heavy Fucking Metal
Fun Shoe
I don't give a poo poo about Fail Mary, it's more that Pete Carroll's success offends me on a human level.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

I was at a goon meet last night, what did I miss for the Raiders besides being killed by the Packers?

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Some of them were almost literally killed

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

FizFashizzle posted:

Cam looks timid.

Yeah I was okay with that, I figured he was just trying to force himself to stay in the pocket during the preseason but when he ran where he got hurt that theory went away. It was an awkward looking run before he even got going.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Ostentatious posted:

I was at a goon meet last night, what did I miss for the Raiders besides being killed by the Packers?

Maurice Jones-Drew looks good again.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Someone is going to have to win Bears v Bills

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
Good Christ is Buffalo's offense awful. If the offensive line doesn't surrender immediate pressure, E.J. Manuel will just fire the ball off-target anyhow. And on the off chance he actually is on-target, there's a good chance the receiver either fell down or is at least 5 yards short of the 1st-down marker.
We're in mid-season form, guys, watch out! :smithicide:

Spork o Doom
May 31, 2011

Lance of Llanwyln posted:

Good Christ is Buffalo's offense awful. If the offensive line doesn't surrender immediate pressure, E.J. Manuel will just fire the ball off-target anyhow. And on the off chance he actually is on-target, there's a good chance the receiver either fell down or is at least 5 yards short of the 1st-down marker.
We're in mid-season form, guys, watch out! :smithicide:

We may actually be giving the browns the number 1 or 2 pick next year. Kill me now and let me take EJ with me.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Spiller and Jackson are still fine, several line players were out of position, and Watkins was still out. EJ's trash, but they won't be worse than last year.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
Their defense will be far worse though.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Brannock posted:

Packers-Seahawks Week 1 is going to be absolutely incredible to watch.

Packers win because Seahawks get 47 DPIs. Most drives will end with Lacy running it in from the 1 because of endzone DPI. Fantasy fuckheads rage out because Rodgers is 10/13 for 99 yards and no TDs. Lacy runs for 22 yards and 4 TDs, Crosby kicks 4 really short FGs. Packers win 40-27 :laffo:

See also: If the last Super Bowl was played this year. Reverse the score, and you'd have it about right.

Fenrir fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Aug 24, 2014

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

zimbomonkey posted:

Their defense will be far worse though.

The defense sans Byrd was still strong last year, it depends whether spikes and rivers combine to minimize the loss of Alonso q

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Spork o Doom posted:

We may actually be giving the browns the number 1 or 2 pick next year. Kill me now and let me take EJ with me.

When this happens the ESPN crowd is gonna be insufferable.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
I looked at the box score from the dolphins/cowboys game and got really confused for a second:

say no to bats
Aug 15, 2001
Rumblee tumblee, climin' a hunny tree
Browns have looked like garbage every week in preseason.

For most teams, preseason doesn't matter much and isn't a big concern outside of season ending injuries to key players.

For Browns fans, its merely getting us ready for another exciting season of 4-12 football.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

The Glumslinger posted:

I looked at the box score from the dolphins/cowboys game and got really confused for a second:

I continue to be confused

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Alouicious posted:

I continue to be confused

The Dolphins have a third string QB names Marlon Moore

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
Jesus what a coincidence that is.

ebg
Mar 31, 2008

Tom Savage looks to have a lot of potential

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

MAO TSE-TUNGACUNT posted:

Tom Savage looks to have a lot of potential

Will Kirios and Intruder be mad if I say we should cut Keenum and give all the week 4 snaps to Savage? :v:

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

The Glumslinger posted:

Holy poo poo, someone had better review the tape to find that extra yard :lol:.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

The Ravens front 7 got plenty of pressure without any blitzing. The pressure was enough to make their #4 and #5 CB's look like they were holding their own. Mosley still looks awesome, and it was nice to see Terrence Brooks do well.

gently caress Meriweather for blasting Pierce and Torrey's brains.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
How has he not been thrown out of the league? Seriously, Meriweather has been responsible for half of the NFL's concussions during his time playing.

OSheaman
May 27, 2004

Heavy Fucking Metal
Fun Shoe
I noticed DeAngelo Hall got another PI; interesting that he's still in the league.

coolatronic
Nov 28, 2007

Tremendous Taste posted:

The defense sans Byrd was still strong last year, it depends whether spikes and rivers combine to minimize the loss of Alonso q
The Bills's defense being as good as it was last year also presupposes Jim Schwartz does not suck. Dubious.

Marlon "More Moore" Moore

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

bhsman posted:

Will Kirios and Intruder be mad if I say we should cut Keenum and give all the week 4 snaps to Savage? :v:

Trade Clowney for Bortles

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

The Texans held Peyton to a field goal in the first half, and he scored when we subbed in the 2nd string. I'm pretty ecstatic considering I expected the Arizona score by half time.

PrinceRandom fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Aug 24, 2014

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

PrinceRandom posted:

The Texans held Peyton to a field goal in the first half, and he scored when we subbed in the 2nd string. I'm pretty ecstatic considering I expected the Arizona score by half time.

No Clowney or J-Jo, either. :stwoon: Between defense, competent special teams, and running game, Texans could do well considering how weak the schedule is.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

OSheaman posted:

I don't give a poo poo about Fail Mary, it's more that Pete Carroll's success offends me on a human level.

As it should, my good man.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

say no to bats posted:

Browns have looked like garbage every week in preseason.

For most teams, preseason doesn't matter much and isn't a big concern outside of season ending injuries to key players.

For Browns fans, its merely getting us ready for another exciting season of 4-12 football.

I didn't watch it but did Gordon even play? And I can't say I am too surprised on our first year defensive minded head coach being unable in getting our shittastic offense to get the ball moving.

ebg
Mar 31, 2008

bhsman posted:

No Clowney or J-Jo, either. :stwoon: Between defense, competent special teams, and running game, Texans could do well considering how weak the schedule is.

careful there, that is dangerously close to positive thinking!

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

MAO TSE-TUNGACUNT posted:

careful there, that is dangerously close to positive thinking!

That's as optimistic as I'm willing to go; I still foresee 9-7 as our ceiling, at most.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
So RG3 actually sucks, huh.

god loving damnit.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Colts had a rough night, and Luck was definitely off his game. Missed tackles were the most glaring problem of the evening, but that hasn't been the case in the past two games and I'm confident it's not indicative of much going forward. That being said, the secondary played pretty well, especially Toler and Landry (the biggest gains occurred when D'Qwell Jackson was covering their WR1 or Jimmy Graham, which is never a good idea). The run defense had a few issues but was solid throughout. Richardson had some very nice runs, Bradshaw looked like himself in limited action, and Boom Herron is making a strong case for rotation with the starters. Zach Kerr probably played his way onto the team tonight, along with Henoc Muamba. Mewhort and Moncrief also played well.

The 53-man is definitely taking shape, with the only questions really being quantity of WRs, safeties, and DL. Mike Adams would probably be serviceable as our starting safety, but I still think someone else gets brought in after the cutdowns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

johnny sack
Jan 30, 2004

One day, this team will play to their expectations...

Just not this year..

Imagine if a QB could consistently pass the ball to where a very fast receiver could catch it.

https://mtc.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/AE...8XWz.uhoXXSgMGD

• Locked thread