Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The Texans should have drafted Blake Bortles

I can't believe I'm writing this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

bhsman posted:

Can't I trust you other Texans fans alone for one night without this becoming a thing? :mad: How many running backs does Clowney have to kill before you're convinced?

Would you rather have Peyton Manning or Reggie White? :v:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

bhsman posted:

Will Kirios and Intruder be mad if I say we should cut Keenum and give all the week 4 snaps to Savage? :v:

Trade Clowney for Bortles

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

bhsman posted:

That's as optimistic as I'm willing to go; I still foresee 9-7 as our ceiling, at most.

12-4 if we had Bortles

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I can't believe the Texans are going to have to play in the same division as the future two best QBs in the NFL :sigh: Could have had Bortles

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

PrinceRandom posted:

Instead of mourning Bortles, the qb we had no shot at, you should mourn Bridgewater, the guy we coulda had. Su'a-Filo better be starter quality fairly quickly.

Not sure how there could be any player we have no shot at when we draft #1 overall!

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

bhsman posted:

No see you must always take the QB over the freakish DE. Julius Peppers doesn't look like he plays with a ton of effort, either.

What year is this, again?

I love JJ but I'd trade him for Luck in a heartbeat

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

There's a big difference between Andrew Luck and Matt Ryan

Not as big a difference as most people think I'd wager

Matt Ryan's good

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Burger Trench posted:

The Texans had a lot of poo poo breaks last year, yeah, but seriously, imagine the Colts without Andrew Luck. The fact the Texans had the best defensive player in the league and talent at a number of other positions still ended up with the #1 record says it all.

I wish they ended up with the #1 record

PrinceRandom posted:

I think we don't need an Elite QB though, just a good/decent one. That's basically my point.

An elite QB makes the job a hell of a lot easier

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Jimmy G has been really good and I'm super salty the Pats snagged him right before the Texans were presumably going to

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Kalli posted:

I've tried to refer to him as Jimmy Football to elicit a reaction, but nobody has bitten.

Why should it elicit a reaction? He's going to be better than JFF and is more deserving of the nickname

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

bhsman posted:

Jimmy Garoppotomus is gonna run hog wild on the NFL someday.

Should've drafted him instead of Sua-Filo :(

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Ehud posted:

The Texans are going to have half their salary cap tied up in two defensive linemen lol

Meanwhile Bortles and Luck will run the AFCS every year like McNair and Peyton used to :smith:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Watt isn't just work ethic, the man is monstrously big and strong and fast and has amazing technique

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I'm saying he's not some physically limited guy who makes up for it with work ethic. Yes he has great work ethic but also is naturally physically gifted. Every pro athlete has a lot of work ethic on some basic level

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Papercut posted:

Please don't play your first string offense next week, Niners. TIA.

Kaep is playing I thought I heard

I don't think Clowney or Watt will play though. Almost certainly not Clowney since he got his bell rung last week

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

No, just some minor neck pain that O'Brien is claiming is nothing big and that he's day to day and will play week 1, but he might have learned to play games with the injury report like his mentor

• Locked thread