Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
being homeless in portland would probably be ok because there's so many white liberal yuppies

all getting artisan baked goods in the trash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Rapman the Cook posted:

If you were homeless+jobless you could hang out with that chick from Sleater Kinney all day and it wouldnt matter

holy poo poo count me in

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Chinatown posted:

Not all, no. Only elderly, albeit disheveled black woman stopped me. I assumed she was asking for directions.

After I said I had no cash on me, she without hesitation asked if I had a debit card to get money from.

I scoffed and walked away.

there was a dude in my neighborhood a few years back with this sob story about how he was going to jail unless he could get to his job, needed transit money, just got out on coke charges, etc. i talked with him a bit and gave him a smoke cause i try not to be an overt rear end in a top hat. he asked if i had cash, i didn't, and then asked if i could go to an atm to pull some out and i told him i only had like 20 bucks in the bank (not a lie at all) and he still kept pushing.

ive seen that dude every other week for the past two years pushin the same god drat bike and telling the same god drat story

gently caress that dude

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Wolfsheim posted:

Whenever they ask for change and I truthfully tell them I don't carry cash they glare at me like I'm lying :ohdear:

just carry around a newspaper so they know that it is in fact the year of our lord 2014 and not the 70s

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Xaris posted:

yea it is, but it's actually written by claiming all oregons are dumb as poo poo retards and literal babbies incapable of wiping their own rear end, which is kinda hilarious. like these are literally the legal justifications by the legislature: http://www.oregonlaws.org/ors/480.315

(2) Appropriate safety standards often are unenforceable at retail self-service stations in other states because cashiers are often unable to maintain a clear view of and give undivided attention to the dispensing of Class 1 flammable liquids by customers;

(3) Higher liability insurance rates charged to retail self-service stations reflect the dangers posed to customers when they leave their vehicles to dispense Class 1 flammable liquids, such as the increased risk of crime and the increased risk of personal injury resulting from slipping on slick surfaces;

(4) The dangers of crime and slick surfaces described in subsection (3) of this section are enhanced because Oregons weather is uniquely adverse, causing wet pavement and reduced visibility;

(5) The dangers described in subsection (3) of this section are heightened when the customer is a senior citizen or has a disability, especially if the customer uses a mobility aid, such as a wheelchair, walker, cane or crutches;

(6) Attempts by other states to require the providing of aid to senior citizens and persons with disabilities in the self-service dispensing of Class 1 flammable liquids at retail have failed, and therefore, senior citizens and persons with disabilities must pay the higher costs of full service;

(7) Exposure to toxic fumes represents a health hazard to customers dispensing Class 1 flammable liquids;
(8) The hazard described in subsection (7) of this section is heightened when the customer is pregnant;
(9) The exposure to Class 1 flammable liquids through dispensing should, in general, be limited to as few individuals as possible, such as gasoline station owners and their employees or other trained and certified dispensers;

The typical practice of charging significantly higher prices for full-service fuel dispensing in states where self-service is permitted at retail:
(a) Discriminates against customers with lower incomes, who are under greater economic pressure to subject themselves to the inconvenience and hazards of self-service;
(b) Discriminates against customers who are elderly or have disabilities who are unable to serve themselves and so must pay the significantly higher prices; and
(c) Increases self-service dispensing and thereby decreases maintenance checks by attendants, which results in neglect of maintenance, endangering both the customer and other motorists and resulting in unnecessary and costly repairs;

(17) Small children left unattended when customers leave to make payment at retail self-service stations creates a dangerous situation.
oregonians (and new jerseyans) irl
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Huc47Dqsg8

• Locked thread