Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
I was in Portland a month ago on business for the first time and was completely blown away by how large the homeless population was.

Not just large though...

They also are more noticibly aggressive, assholish, and unbelievably entitled and outright expect/demand handouts. I felt like a Republican by the time I left.

Other than that Portland is a cool rear end city. I enjoyed myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Stormfang1502 posted:

They were all white, weren't they?

Not all, no. Only elderly, albeit disheveled black woman stopped me. I assumed she was asking for directions.

After I said I had no cash on me, she without hesitation asked if I had a debit card to get money from.

I scoffed and walked away.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Soarer posted:

Honestly I wouldn't be that surprised if you had told us she said no cash wasn't a problem and whipped out an iPhone with a one of those Square card readers.

lets just tattoo QR codes onto homeless people that links right to their kickstarter fund.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

shiksa posted:

there was a dude in my neighborhood a few years back with this sob story about how he was going to jail unless he could get to his job, needed transit money, just got out on coke charges, etc. i talked with him a bit and gave him a smoke cause i try not to be an overt rear end in a top hat. he asked if i had cash, i didn't, and then asked if i could go to an atm to pull some out and i told him i only had like 20 bucks in the bank (not a lie at all) and he still kept pushing.

ive seen that dude every other week for the past two years pushin the same god drat bike and telling the same god drat story

gently caress that dude

ZIronically i saw a number of stories in Portland papers after i got home about how local residents want the Portland PD to stop harassing the homeless.

Its......weird. KEEP POTLAND WEIRD GUYUS.

• Locked thread