Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

if you're a child sex slave i bet you'd genuinely enjoy any day where you aren't being a child sex slave, regardless of sunsets or pines

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

when you think about it modern ennui is a huge luxury, its a problem only literally kings had hundreds of years ago

you live in a big dumb stupid building and do a job that has no physical meaning or relevance and you don't have to worry about god you are warm and fed every night, can read and write and can receive messages from across the planet and have reason to do so. we're all kings.

kinging is super boring though so they turned to wars, or sometimes super devoted to charity or furthering the arts and sciences. these helped bring meaning into those kings lives, so try those things until you feel less ennui

or you could give it all up and be a peasant, move somewhere where you probably will die from something we have an over-the-counter for, do physical labour and feel like you are making a difference because your caveman brain doesn't realise that everything you build will decay in a matter of moments for a billion different reasons, it doesn't care its like make fire warm hut good survival monkey.

either way it's your duty to determine what is meaningful, and if nothing is then it means you haven't taken responsibility for yourself

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

cat doter posted:

I'm listening to some music that I'm enjoying, there's probably something wrong with me

no the very physiology of the ear, evolved to detect predators and prey, requires certain sounds to be pleasant, which is why you like certain harmonies. you like certain rhythms because of basic structures in your brain that are the precursors to language. you're essentially masturbating, short-circuiting a survival instinct to make yourself feel good.

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

cat doter posted:

this is also wrong but whatever

no gently caress you i am a professor of knowledge on the internet you titmouse

• Locked thread