Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I dunno, does "being right" count as clever?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Verisimilidude posted:

Even as a young athiest I knew that being athiest was all about not believing in X but also not caring that other people believe in X. I'm a scientist, so it's hard for me to rationalize a divine or omnipotent being, especially one whose actions are dictated by a text written by dozens of different ancients, many of whom were separated by continents and centuries. That's me though. I think it's dumb when people say or do mean poo poo in the name of religion, but it's also dumb when people say or do mean poo poo in the name of athiesm.

The way people are treating it, athiesm is becoming just another religion, complete with its own texts, figureheads, and places of congregation. I'm finding it harder to "identify" as an athiest, because every time you hear something about athiests on the news or in the media it's always about what tremendous poo poo heels they are.

Really, you should /never/ hear about athiests on the news or in the media, except in the context of "more (or less) people are identifying themselves as athiests", because if you're trying to promote athiesm you're trying too hard.

same

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Raere posted:

A woman asked me for directions yesterday and after I told her she said 'God bless you' to me. I wish I could take those directions back.

Apparently 'it's a thing' for southerners in America to have "...and have a blessed day." at the end of their voicemail recording. This is a thing I just learned.

I don't leave "...and remember to enjoy the universe that exists without a God." at the end of mine to let people know and reinforce my thoughts.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

ilikedirt posted:

*points to butt hole*

thias is where my poop comes out!!!!!!!!!

Are you sure it doesn't come out of your fingertips, instead? I mean these POSTS...wow!

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

hhhmmm posted:

I don't "get" the atheism-debate in GBS nowadays. Is it just trolling or some weird attempt to make christianity less uncool by, uhm, trolling.

I guess reading the entire OP might give a hint, but gently caress that.

Theism is the new anime.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Azraelle posted:

Just gonna quote this 8 year old quote since I too cannot think of anything funny that happened in the last 8 years.

maybe u have alzheimers theres a support thread in gbs atm u can check out, god bless

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

ashgromnies posted:

One of my friends came out to me as theistic the other day.

christ-cuck him

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

whoa miltank managed to ruin another thread that was related to religion wow I'm shocked

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I mean it's not like he has a reputation of being completely misinformed of the subject that he prides himself on derailing constantly, is consistently shown to be wrong, moves his own goal posts, and then ignorantly trudges on and has been doing so since registering. Thread after thread of being insufferably wrong and refusing to acknowledge when he's been shown, factually, that he's incorrect.

I mean how could that guy ruin a thread? It's crazy!

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Boogaleeboo posted:

Yeah I mean I don't know where you thought there was something interesting or funny going on but then, THEN miltank showed up and there were problems. It's a thread started to make fun of Total Biscuit, how funny did you think it was going to be?

Some of us have standards. Comedy gold standards.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

did u no that if u no have religion u can't truly have morals or appreciate the universes?
Its TRUE. For reasons I cant get into right now, but are for seriously there, u just gotta believe man

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

You guys remember when there was a schism in the young church and politically powerful bishops got Constantine involved and Constantine looked over a lot of words about poo poo and then promptly declared "Who cares just think what you want, it's the same drat thing" and then the bishops got mad and told him he had to decide since he was the emperor and he was like "You guys are right I guess but seriously who cares" and then they persecuted the differing bishoprics?

lol classic Constantine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Or you could just meltdown I guess, sure

• Locked thread