Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

Xtanstic posted:

Yeesh is this mainly inflation or lack of Mr. A influx? I remember the good old days of 5 mil Mr. As and when they started inflating to 7-8 mil it was drat expensive.

More the former than the latter, I'd say. A reasonably established character can farm up a few hundred thousand meat per day.

And FMguru is right about the power creep. I remember when IOTMs began, and people were debating whether a volleychaun was too gamebreaking, even if it was a super-premium familiar that cost 2 Mr. As. And then I look at the Reanimated Reanimator and my 2004-self's brain explodes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madtrixr
Nov 27, 2010

A HUNGRY MOUTH posted:

More the former than the latter, I'd say. A reasonably established character can farm up a few hundred thousand meat per day.

And FMguru is right about the power creep. I remember when IOTMs began, and people were debating whether a volleychaun was too gamebreaking, even if it was a super-premium familiar that cost 2 Mr. As. And then I look at the Reanimated Reanimator and my 2004-self's brain explodes.

I couldn't begin to imagine how someone from way back would feel about just how insane the smith's tome is.

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014

Madtrixr posted:

I couldn't begin to imagine how someone from way back would feel about just how insane the smith's tome is.

I happened to come back to the game after years when the Smith's Tome was IotM.

It blew my loving mind inside out.

Leonyth
Mar 17, 2009

Whitefire posted:

EDIT: I just logged on, i'm still in a Slow and Steady run that I started and stopped after 1 day. Will I still get the bonus karma if I finish it now, since I started it in-season? Or should I just restart to heavy rains?

I believe challenge paths wiill award bonus karma as long as one of three things is true:
- It is the current challenge path.
- You started the path while it was current.
- It is your first time doing the path outside of its season.

Leonyth fucked around with this message at 12:19 on Aug 26, 2014

kurai
Sep 10, 2001

Xtanstic posted:

So I saw in the old thread that Jick finally implemented ads on KoL. What's the active population like now? How close is it to dying? I've come back on and on until I finally lost interest for good I think. I even stopped listening to VGHD so I had no idea things got this bad. I assumed their move to SF meant that they were still doing fine. Too bad Word Realms bombed.

Yeesh is this mainly inflation or lack of Mr. A influx? I remember the good old days of 5 mil Mr. As and when they started inflating to 7-8 mil it was drat expensive.

They had somewhere above 1000 simultaneous players during the last Twitch event, which is probably comparable to event attendance during the summer months back in the day. The in-game external ads are gone, and now there is a periodic reminder that the game is run on donations (which they probably should have had all along).

Supposedly, almost all of the game related expenses are for staff salaries, so they would be able to trim there in order to continue running the game indefinitely. Of course, this is a hard thing to do with the level of personal friendship among staff there seems to be, so they tried ads instead.

The price of a Mr. A has actually been highly stable for the last two years:

Of course, the real world price of the Mr. A has also been constant since 2005 - it is something of a bargain for donators.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx

ModeSix posted:

It depends on when it's from, my crimbo poo poo from 2011 really hasn't gone up much in value, whereas some of the old IOTM's I have are now worth 30mil+ each.

I had a full parasite set from a while ago.

ohnobugs
Feb 22, 2003

Why did McPhee's Grimoire shoot up in price?

Graveyardstick
Nov 18, 2007

Are you too depressed to finish biting through that piece of toast?
Probably just rarity, it's not like any of the hilarious objects are gamebreaking at all.

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010
Found my ancient char, applied to guild as Trisk

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009

sfwarlock posted:

Because better game design and less click-nope and more intricate quests and new art and ... fun? what's that?

(Less snarky answer: Jick apparently wants to make the game deeper and bigger and complex... er... and hasn't thought about what that does to the repeated ascension game.)

The answer is nothing, the ascension game is faster than ever before. The longer quests can't make up for the crazy power creep. For instance, this year I have done the second fastest softcore booze run, 2nd fastest softcore oxy run, and the fastest softcore teetotaler run ever since the expansion to 12 quests. A week ago 2 people did one day runs.

The game is a lot better though.

Madtrixr
Nov 27, 2010

"Kingdom Of Loathing" posted:

By completing a 100% Black Cat Bad Moon run, you have permanently unlocked the Bad Moon sign for your character.

Finally my long nightmare is over. Now I can actually "enjoy" Bad Moon whenever I feel up to a bit of a challenge!

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Applied to guild Clan as Toshimo.

kurai
Sep 10, 2001
New IOTM:

Thor's Pliers

Type: weapon (1-handed pliers)
Damage: 10 - 20
Cannot be discarded

Enchantment:
+4 Stat(s) Per Fight
Lets You Smith and Make Jewelry Faster
Regenerate 6-9 MP per adventure
+20% Pickpocket Chance
Regular Attacks Can't Miss
Allows You to Ply Reality
Regenerates Lightning Power
(in Heavy Rains only)

NOTE: You may not equip more than one of these at a time.
NOTE: This item cannot be equipped while in Hardcore. (Except in Heavy Rains)

sfwarlock
Aug 11, 2007
Just ascended after not having played seriously for a year. This was a mistake.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

sfwarlock posted:

Just ascended after not having played seriously for a year. This was a mistake.

I just ascended for the first time today, hosed up a bunch, and missed day 1 Liver of Steel by just a hair. But that's ok, because it's like a whole different game this time around and it's pretty fun.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

Applied as Cuwi Khons

Vexrm
Feb 2, 2009

Full of hot raspberry jam blooded passion.
Applied as CCD

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Anyone have any suggestions on getting KoLProxy to do the leaflet?

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Anyone feels likes buying me archives for two Mr. Accessories, and an old unavailable Mr. Store object? Send me a PM here.

Shadowfyst
Jun 8, 2003

axolotl farmer posted:

Anyone feels likes buying me archives for two Mr. Accessories, and an old unavailable Mr. Store object? Send me a PM here.

pm'd

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
Small write up on the Heavy Rains skills, since I don't think I really did one in the old thread.

There are 3 skill pools you can learn in Heavy Rain - Thunder, Rain, and Lightning. You learn the skills by defeating a special monster that shows up whenever you're at maximum water depth (6). Each type of terrain (Indoors, Outdoors, and Underground) has a specific monster associated with it. (Underground is Thunder, Indoors is Rain, and Outdoors is Lightning)

You can have a maximum of 100 dB of Thunder, 100 drops of rain, and 100 bolts of Lightning. Thunder will regenerate in 30 or 50 dB chunks every 10 combats, while Rain regenerates 7 drops every 7 combats. Lightning only regenerates if you have a set of Thor's Pliers equipped at a rate of 11 bolts per 11 combats.

You're going to learn thunder skills and only thunder skills at the start of Heavy Rains, since indoors areas cap at 4 depth, and outdoors areas at 2.

Thunder skills:
Thunder Clap - 40 dB of Thunder for a banisher. Can only banish one monster at a time.
Thundercloud - 20 dB for 100 turns of an effect that raises water level by 2. Needed to initially unlock the Rain skills.
Thunder Bird - 1 dB for a 10-15% deleveler. Useful for saving your rear end against bosses.
Thunderheart - 20 dB for 100 turns of +100% HP. Nice, but not gamebreaking.
Thunderstrike - 5 dB for 4 turns of stunning. Heavy Rains bosses are susceptible to this, even if they shrug off other stunners. Will not work against stagger resistant monsters.
Thunder Down Underwear - 60 dB for a pair of pants that increases HP, HP regen, and damage absorption. Needs to be remade daily, kind of useless if you have a Smith's Tome.
Thunder Thighs - Increases dB regeneration to 50 dB. Good if you intend heavy use of Thunder Clap/Strike.

Rain skills:
Rain Man - 50 drops for the best skill hands-down. he de facto fax machine, this lets you recreate (most) monsters out of rain to fight. Combined with a Monster Manuel and/or a Reanimator this can easily shave off a hundred turns in a run. Get to the 2nd floor of Spookyraven Manor without even entering the kitchen!
Rainy Day - 20 drops for 100 turns of an effect that raises water level by 2. Needed with Thundercloud to unlock Lightning skills.
Make It Rain - 10 drops for a combat skill that adds +300% meat bonus. Note this doesn't give actually give an effect, so it can't be combo'd with free runaways. Very useful for recovering the Nuns meat.
Rain Dance - 10 drops for 100 turns of +20% item drops. Nice for burning off rain at day's end.
Rainbow - 3 drops for a skill that deals prismatic damage. Not particularly good.
Rain Coat - 40 drops of rain to make a famous blue rain coat which increases elemental resistance, item drops, and combat initiative. (Needs to be remade daily) Decent, but unneeded if you go with an astral shirt.
Rain Delay - Passive +3 elemental resistance to all elements.

Lightning skills:
Lightning Strike - 20 bolts per free runaway with stat gains and item drops. Very useful.
Clean-Hair Lightning - 10 bolts for 100 turns of +100% MP. Useless.
Ball Lightning - 5 bolts for a yellow ray disintegration, 99 turn cooldown. Note that the rain may wash away YR'd items, somewhat negating the most useful aspect of YRs.
Sheet Lightning - 10 bolts for +100% spell damage and a passive damage shield.
Lightning Bolt - 1 bolt for a small damage skill. 3 bolts causes a massive damage attack of 1000+ damage, annihilating most enemies. Unfortunately it is only physical damage and damage caps/resistances apply.
Lightning Rod - 20 bolts for a staff (not a chef-staff) that gives +200% spell damage, bonus MP, and MP regen.
Ride the Lighting - My favorite Metallica album, features a ton of classic Metallica like the eponymous track, Tapped Under Ice, For Whom The Bell Tolls, and Fade To Black. Also a passive skill that grants +100% MP, obsoleting Clean-Hair Lightning.

Thoughts on order:

Thunder Clap, Rain Man, and Lightning Strike are obviously the 3 must learn skills. Thundercloud and Rainy Day are good for running more ML and are needed to learn more skills.

Thunderstrike, Thunder Thighs, Thunderbird, Rainy Day, Make It Rain, and Ball Lightning are all very nice at boosting your survivability or slightly speeding up your run.

Thunderheart isn't great, but extra HP isn't always a bad thing. Rain Coat is kind of mediocre, but it also has the benefit of being the only passive rain skill.

The equipment skills are a bit of a wash. Thunderpants aren't particularly great, and you're better off spending rain on Rain Man. Lightning Rod will let you absolutely toast enemies as a spellcaster, but it costs a free runaway.

Rainbow, Clean-Hair Lightning, Lightning Bolt, and Ride the Lightning are situational at best.

ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

Well since I guess trading is ok in this thread, anyone feel like buying me a WoW sub (or just paying me $15 straight up) for any of the following:

Mr A.
Mr A Jr.
Spooky Putty
LLK (loathing legion knife)
Camp Scout Backpack
20million meat
Can of Rain-doh.

I'm sure there's a bunch more poo poo I have that really I don't want or need as I really don't play any longer.

ModeSix fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Sep 14, 2014

Crux
Apr 9, 2007

Sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry...

Sorry.
Has anyone else had a problem with their mafia settings resetting to the defaults? This is getting a little irritating after like the fourth time.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe

Crux posted:

Has anyone else had a problem with their mafia settings resetting to the defaults? This is getting a little irritating after like the fourth time.

Make sure to keep the settings subfolder in the same folder as the jar or the exe, and make sure you have write access to everything in it. Especially with the newer Windows versions that are stupid about this sort of thing.

Crux
Apr 9, 2007

Sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry...

Sorry.

IMJack posted:

Make sure to keep the settings subfolder in the same folder as the jar or the exe, and make sure you have write access to everything in it. Especially with the newer Windows versions that are stupid about this sort of thing.

Yeah, for whatever reason, the write access keeps resetting too. I'm moving it to a different drive to see if it helps at all.

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.
Just applied in-game as Davey Havok. I haven't played in forever. My account is eleven goddamn years old.

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dylanthulhu posted:

Just applied in-game as Davey Havok. I haven't played in forever. My account is eleven goddamn years old.
That's ridiculous.

Madtrixr
Nov 27, 2010

Stuntman posted:

That's ridiculous.

It's not even funny.

Volty
Jul 25, 2013
Applied as Voltowl. Had a years old account tied to a long-forgotten email, so I'm starting again.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
I'd like to clean up my Day 1 a bit for subsequent runs so I can start hitting 4 days on SCNP.

Here's my log:

pre:
=== PULLS ===

[1-176] Day 1 pulls
Helm of the Scream Emperor
Cloak of Dire Shadows
Frankly Mr. Shank
Half a Purse
Greaves of the Murk Lord
Gauntlets of the Blood Moon
Pokėmann figurine: Smugleaf
3x Unconscious Collective Dream Jar
clockwork pirate skull
fettucini Inconnu
Sneaky Pete's key lime pie
star key lime pie
milk of magnesium
bartender-in-the-box
lead necklace
ring of conflict
time halo
Fog Murderer

=== DAY 1 ===

[1-176] Day 1 turns
	[#] (none)
		[#] Used 3x Unconscious Collective Dream Jar [25 adventures gained]
	[1-6] The Sleazy Back Alley
		[#] Used moxie weed
	[7-14] The Spooky Forest
		[10] a triffid
			Leveled to 4!
		[#] Used moxie weed
	[15-23] The Typical Tavern Cellar
		[#] Used moxie weed
	[24-28] The Sleazy Back Alley
	[29-31] Guano Junction
	[32-37] The Boss Bat's Lair
		[37] The Boss Bat
			Leveled to 5!
	[38-48] The Outskirts of Cobb's Knob
	[49-51] The Shore, Inc. Travel Agency
	[52-57] 8-Bit Realm
	[58-61] Cobb's Knob Treasury
		[#] Drank tropical swill [10 adventures gained]
	[62-72] Cobb's Knob Harem
		[#] Ate fortune cookie [1 adventure gained]
	[73-74] Cobb's Knob Barracks
		[74] a Knob Goblin Elite Guard Captain
			Leveled to 6!
		[#] Ate fettucini Inconnu [38 adventures gained]
		[#] Ate star key lime pie [18 adventures gained]
		[#] Ate Sneaky Pete's key lime pie [19 adventures gained]
		[#] Drank fruity girl swill [12 adventures gained]
		[#] Drank tropical swill [11 adventures gained]
	[75-81] The Dark Elbow of the Woods
	[82-87] The Shore, Inc. Travel Agency
	[88-94] The Dark Elbow of the Woods
	[95-110] The Dark Heart of the Woods
	[111-126] The Dark Neck of the Woods
		[118] a Hellion
			Leveled to 7!
	[127-142] The Laugh Floor
	[143-160] Infernal Rackets Backstage
	[161] Cobb's Knob Barracks
	[162-172] The Defiled Alcove
	[173-176] The Defiled Niche
		[#] Drank Imp Ale [1 adventure gained]
		[#] Drank Fog Murderer [16 adventures gained]

=== SUMMARY: Interesting turns ===

[#] Used 3x Unconscious Collective Dream Jar [25 adventures gained]
[#] Used moxie weed
[10] Leveled to 4! a triffid
[#] Used moxie weed
[#] Used moxie weed
[37] Leveled to 5! The Boss Bat
[#] Drank tropical swill [10 adventures gained]
[#] Ate fortune cookie [1 adventure gained]
[74] Leveled to 6! a Knob Goblin Elite Guard Captain
[#] Ate fettucini Inconnu [38 adventures gained]
[#] Ate star key lime pie [18 adventures gained]
[#] Ate Sneaky Pete's key lime pie [19 adventures gained]
[#] Drank fruity girl swill [12 adventures gained]
[#] Drank tropical swill [11 adventures gained]
[118] Leveled to 7! a Hellion
[#] Drank Fog Murderer [16 adventures gained]

=== SUMMARY: Quest details ===

Level 6 friars: 46 turns
	The Dark Heart of the Woods [16 turns]
	The Dark Neck of the Woods [16 turns]
	The Dark Elbow of the Woods [14 turns]
Steel organ: 34 turns
	Infernal Rackets Backstage [18 turns]
	The Laugh Floor [16 turns]
Level 5 goblin king: 25 turns
	Cobb's Knob Harem [11 turns]
	The Outskirts of Cobb's Knob [11 turns]
	Cobb's Knob Barracks [3 turns]
Other: 24 turns
	The Sleazy Back Alley [11 turns]
	The Shore, Inc. Travel Agency [9 turns]
	Cobb's Knob Treasury [4 turns]
Level 7 crypt: 15 turns
	The Defiled Alcove [11 turns]
	The Defiled Niche [4 turns]
Level 3 tavern: 9 turns
	The Typical Tavern Cellar [9 turns]
Level 4 bat hole: 9 turns
	The Boss Bat's Lair [6 turns]
	Guano Junction [3 turns]
Level 11 macguffin: 8 turns
	Hidden City: 8 turns
	Hidden City unlock: 8 turns
	The Spooky Forest [8 turns]
Level 13 lair: 6 turns
Lair keys: 6 turns
	8-Bit Realm [6 turns]
Level 10 castle: 0 turns
Level 12 war: 0 turns
Level 8 trapper: 0 turns
Level 9 highland: 0 turns
I lost 4 turns ([24-28] The Sleazy Back Alley) getting Stench resist (bum cheek) for the Guano Junction which I should be able to fix by getting the Final Boss Shield in this run's aftercore (previously, I had gotten +all resist from being a Sauceror or using a Vicar's Tutu, I had forgotten that I needed it).

Other than that, my big problem was a meat shortage (probably from spending too much on skills) which made it hard to squeeze my Shore trips in for the Island unlock.

I'm also going to try to get a Hookah for future runs (Sellbot was missing a piece). Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Also, is there some weird thing where some of your items don't show up in Hgnaks? My Ring of Conflict and Lead Necklace were missing so I had to Mall new ones to pull.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Just applied to the clan as Patware.

artoke
Apr 8, 2011

I haven't done softcore speed for a while, so I hope this is actually helpful.

First thing, where are you using your clover(s)? From what I remember the bat hole is a good day 1 use for 2 sonars right away, then beanbat chamber for the third and a bean for the trash quest.

I see turns in the 8-bit realm, you can pull digital pies for pixels, especially in 4+ day runs where you have a ton of fullness to spare.

Were the treasury turns just for meat? If so consider getting a facsimile dictionary in aftercore and pull it for the 21337 meat autosell.

I am not sure on the turn difference anymore, but if you are already getting KGE as a semi-rare then it may be faster to bake a cake to kill the king then it would be to get the harem disguise as well.

Trade half a purse for a light that never goes out, +item is generally better than +meat.

The smugleaf figurine and lead necklace pulls seem like they might be better off as something else, but at the moment I'm not sure what. Is there anything in run you feel like you need?

I hope some of this helped, if you have any other questions feel free to ask. I may be a bit rusty but I will do what I can. :)

Gilg
Oct 10, 2002

Any suggestions on the best way to spend Mr. A's? Just getting back into the game after a long hiatus and realized I have one to spend.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Gilg posted:

Any suggestions on the best way to spend Mr. A's? Just getting back into the game after a long hiatus and realized I have one to spend.

The #1 General purpose Mr. Store item I could recommend for the past year would be the Smith's Tome, and that costs the meat equivalent of about 3 Mr. A's in the Mall.

#2 would be the VIP Lounge Invitations and would cost about a Mr. A in the Mall.

#3 would be the Monster Manuel, which will automatically track various monster stats and provides factoids. This costs a Mr. A in the Mr. Store.

distactedOne
Oct 29, 2012
If you plan to play Heavy Rains, I'd say it goes something like Smith's > VIP Key > Manuel > Thor's Pliers.

Smith's and the VIP Key are just packed with general utility. If you plan to play type69 for a long time, the Key will be good longer than Smith's (assuming it ever goes bad), but I'd still get them in that order.

Manuel makes Rain Man a lot more useful, since you can rainfax anything you have a factoid for, whether or not you've encountered one during a run. (Or even can encounter one during a run, ex. mountain man) Outside of Heavy Rains, he's more fun than useful.

Thor's Pliers are pretty good for the path but they'll be near useless outside of it, so you might decide to skip them even so. (Contrast: Sneaky Pete's leather jacket.)

I've only ever played Hardcore, though. If you plan to go Softcore that may be a different story.

Vexrm
Feb 2, 2009

Full of hot raspberry jam blooded passion.
What's the best way to contact Sputnik if I don't have messaging on SA?

I know the answer is spend the $10 on messaging on SA instead of Mr A for the Kingdom, but is there another way?

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Vexrm posted:

What's the best way to contact Sputnik if I don't have messaging on SA?

I know the answer is spend the $10 on messaging on SA instead of Mr A for the Kingdom, but is there another way?
He's "sputbot" in game, I believe. His name is all over the clan administration pages. Send him a K-mail.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

artoke posted:

I haven't done softcore speed for a while, so I hope this is actually helpful.

First thing, where are you using your clover(s)? From what I remember the bat hole is a good day 1 use for 2 sonars right away, then beanbat chamber for the third and a bean for the trash quest.
The only one I used Day 1 was for Sonars. I didn't even think to do beanbat at the same time. Good point.
I usually use 3 on the Mine, a couple on A-boo Clues, and 1 on Cyrus.

artoke posted:

I see turns in the 8-bit realm, you can pull digital pies for pixels, especially in 4+ day runs where you have a ton of fullness to spare.
I usually dip into 8-bit a little as I wind up having to grind out some stats since I get ahead of my level.

My usual diet every day is 2 pies, a saucy dish, and a fortune cookie. For 4 days, that's enough space for 3 legendary pies, 3 digital pies, and 2 star pies. That usually leaves me ~5-6 pixels short, so 8-bit is my default early place to grind a few stats.

artoke posted:

Were the treasury turns just for meat? If so consider getting a facsimile dictionary in aftercore and pull it for the 21337 meat autosell.

I am not sure on the turn difference anymore, but if you are already getting KGE as a semi-rare then it may be faster to bake a cake to kill the king then it would be to get the harem disguise as well.

The treasury/harem were part of the stat grind from 5-6. It's one of the two places I tend to get a little stuck (the other is the back half of 8). I think part of it is that I have a reluctance to do the Spookyraven stuff early because (a) I don't really have any resists, so doing the pantry 1 drawer at a time is miserable, and (b) My innate pool skill is low, and even with Chalk, a Cue, and 8 drunk (2 swills), I have to hustle a few times. So, I tend to wait until later when I can use some resist gear in the pantry and can put on a couple of -combat pieces for billiards.

artoke posted:

Trade half a purse for a light that never goes out, +item is generally better than +meat.
Half a purse tempted me with the +1 stats more than anything, but my intent is to swap it out for the Final Boss shield for the resists. Do you think the light is better than the shield?

artoke posted:

The smugleaf figurine and lead necklace pulls seem like they might be better off as something else, but at the moment I'm not sure what. Is there anything in run you feel like you need?
The lead necklace is pretty much a placeholder until I can get a hookah. I'm going to try and grab more pieces for that this aftercore if I can. The smugleaf figurine is just sort of a last slot that helps generate early stats with the volleyball. I assume there's a better non-IOTM pull, but I don't think I have one yet.

artoke posted:

I hope some of this helped, if you have any other questions feel free to ask. I may be a bit rusty but I will do what I can. :)
Thanks, I appreciate it. I've been reading what I can on speeding up my runs but a lot of it is out of date, so it's tough to apply it.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
Elemental resistance is mostly overrated.

You might want to swap in a jar of psychoses for pixels as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sfwarlock
Aug 11, 2007
Oh, we're posting logs? Awesome. I missed a three-dayer by a RCH last run, so as soon as I get back home...