Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«107 »
Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

Pull up dem pants, Cuphead

Brian the Dog has hosed dozens of human women over the last 20 years we will be ok guys.

Yeah my initial reaction was “no way” but I’m rewatching Superjail and if this was on TV unedited there isn’t anything too raunchy, and content wise, honestly the most hosed up thing that happens in this show is when he doesnt have sex with an underage girl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

get into shit let it out like diarrhea
got burnt once that was only gonorrhea

Let's be real, he only didn't because he got caught.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003
no clue

It a hard show to watch in terms of themes and character work. It has very little actually content that would need to be censured such as overt sex or violence. Pretty much just the odd curse word here and there. Besides, if it is syndicated it will end up on adult swim or something similar, not airing during the afternoon on Hallmark.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

They'll put it on Nickelodeon, but only the animal puns and bad tongue-twisters.

Still enough material for several seasons.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Last year I counted like 15 uncensored fucks in a single hour on FX at 10pm. I think it's fine.

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

I dont know posted:

It a hard show to watch in terms of themes and character work. It has very little actually content that would need to be censured such as overt sex or violence. Pretty much just the odd curse word here and there. Besides, if it is syndicated it will end up on adult swim or something similar, not airing during the afternoon on Hallmark.

Shame. I was looking forward to a rerun of Stupid Piece of poo poo running in-between a Christmas movie and an episode of Good Witch.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Wow what a show. And I thought The Wire was bleak. But I enjoyed this a lot.

I definitely see Mr Peanutbutters arc taking a dark turn next season. I think him getting caught in some sort of scandal is what will happen. I think the idea is that we see him now as flawed but lovable "good boy" but then we'll have to come to terms with the fact that he isn't really. I thought he was gonna bite Diane when they had their big fight that led to sex. And he got mad in a certain way when that good boy mug broke so I think he knows inside he's not really a great guy.

I think he'll lose his relationship and his reputation due to whatever he did. And ultimately he will kill himself(cause you know this shows going there with someone at some point).

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Artist James Burke has done some illustrations with quotes from the series (Imgur Link)

It's no biggie, but I thought of sharing anyway.

LeJackal
Apr 4, 2011

No Mister Peanutbutter waxing about the cruel, uncaring void that is the universe?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

I want the glorious one of runner Bojack but instead of that quote I just want “Can we talk about ‘dibs’ here for a minute?”

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

I appreciate you sharing actually, and now I want that final one as a print for my room. Thank you.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Bust Rodd posted:

I want the glorious one of runner Bojack but instead of that quote I just want “Can we talk about ‘dibs’ here for a minute?”

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I think distilling this show into sad-faced people saying sad poo poo is uncharitable to the show.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

No Gehn, No Pain

FactsAreUseless posted:

I think distilling this show into sad-faced people saying sad poo poo is uncharitable to the show.

I rewatched Time's Arrow today and had never quite noticed Joseph Sugarman saying "it's a mother's duty to keep her children alive and you are continuously failing!" to Honey Sugarman after her lobotomy. I cracked up for a minute straight at how awful of a thing to say that was.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

FactsAreUseless posted:

No dude, it’s just that his face is actually long.

Lurdiak
Feb 25, 2006

I do not like to see you post.

I was watching w/ Bob and David again, specifically the behind the scenes featurette, and the improvised nonsense standup Paul F. Thompkins uses to warm up the crowd sounds exactly like the garbage Mr. Peanutbutter says.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003
no clue

Lurdiak posted:

I was watching w/ Bob and David again, specifically the behind the scenes featurette, and the improvised nonsense standup Paul F. Thompkins uses to warm up the crowd sounds exactly like the garbage Mr. Peanutbutter says.

He also has an improv podcast which frequently runs to Mister Peanutbutter style cheerful stupidity. Given the number of talented comedians doing voicework, I suspect there is a decent amount of ad libs.

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010

This is why i love this show, it has no qualms about showing how messy and lovely life really is for everyone

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.

This is probably my favorite quote from Bojack. It's so pithy in a way that in retrospect seems so obvious that I feel like it can't be original to the show, though.

Rollersnake fucked around with this message at Jan 21, 2018 around 03:02

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

I unironically think this was Lisa Kudrow’s best performance because it’s the only thing I’ve seen her in where her “I’m the wackiest aunt at the wedding” worked instead of just dragging everything down.

Bust Rodd fucked around with this message at Jan 21, 2018 around 15:01

Straight White Shark
May 16, 2009

diggle zone

Bust Rodd posted:

I unironically this was Lisa Kudrow’s best performance because it’s the only thing I’ve seen her in where her “I’m the wackiest aunt at the wedding” worked instead of just dragging everything down.

Agreed 100%. It's brilliant, because she plays a genuinely smart and insightful person (which she plays well) who is also clueless about things because she's out of the loop (which she also plays well but is overly typecast as.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

Wow, cool. What?

Lipstick Apathy

The Comeback is extremely great also.

«107 »