Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Yeah, I think my annoyance is just having seen Bojack season 4, Lego Batman, and rewatching AD season four all within a week.

I have a very boring and unsupervised desk job OKAY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

Brother Entropy posted:

ehh, mr pb's the kind of guy who can't stand being alone with his own thoughts so i dunno if he'd bounce back that quick

I think he'd *appear* to bounce back quick. His whole deal is projecting this unflappable manic energy, but having almost no capacity for emotional honesty or introspection.

He'd probably dive into work, continue to be his cheerful public self, and grow more hollow and lonely than he even realizes. Bojack wallows in misery, but MPB runs from it.

Which is why I'm more concerned about MPB killing himself. Bojack still has some hope for redemption or validation to keep him going. When MPB stops running, he'll see a void so dark and vast he won't see anything else.

cosmically_cosmic
Dec 26, 2015
Neither MR PB or Bojack are gonna commit suicide.

That's just not going to happen.

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

Wow episode 6 hit close to home. That's probably the most I've ever identified with a TV character and it's a cartoon horse.
At least it wasn't a cartoon pony.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

TenCentFang posted:

I've said this a lot to everyone I know but I'm in favor of any story that involves bringing Katrina back in any aspect.
I thought she and Jessica Biel were weak points this season. They didn't get enough to do besides "be lovely."

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Yeah and letting your ex-wife take over your house and constantly berate your friends and current wife was such a next-level lovely thing to do that I didn't really understand why M.PB was ok with it. M.PB really was a transparently selfish prick for most of this season (show?) but Katrina sucks and looks like a pallete swap Vanessa Gecko

Also Bielist (B-list) and Sealist (C-List) cracked me the gently caress up

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Yeah it's weird because at the end of season 3 when Katrina appeared, PB was immediately hostile to her. I was expecting some of that same resentment to pop up, but he was acting really cordial with her the whole way through.

TenCentFang
Sep 5, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

FactsAreUseless posted:

I thought she and Jessica Biel were weak points this season. They didn't get enough to do besides "be lovely."

Yes, she should be given more to do. Maybe an entire spin-off.

I understand that though. I just thought she nailed everything she did do, as unvaried as those things were. She's also kinda cute.

lotus circle posted:

Yeah it's weird because at the end of season 3 when Katrina appeared, PB was immediately hostile to her. I was expecting some of that same resentment to pop up, but he was acting really cordial with her the whole way through.

He did immediately go to "oh really tell me more" mode when she brought up running for governor, though. I think once Mr. Peanutbutter decides he likes you, it's pretty drat hard for him to shake it, and he was probably only hostile to begin with because Jessica or Diane(probably Diane) were able to get through how awful she was after the fact.

TenCentFang fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Sep 23, 2017

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

TenCentFang posted:

Yes, she should be given more to do. Maybe an entire spin-off.

I understand that though. I just thought she nailed everything she did do, as unvaried as those things were. She's also kinda cute.
Yeah, I just wanted them to be more than Mr. Peanutbutter's mean ex-wives. Like think about how complex Diane is, and her relationship with him. There was no sense that these were fully realized people.

TenCentFang
Sep 5, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo
To be fair, I'd say they didn't have to be since what was important was the role they played in Diane and Mr. PB's story, but as was already mentioned that didn't really pan out either because everyone just sort of inexplicably put up with them. I did feel personally betrayed, though. when Mr. PB just decided to quit all of a sudden after everything Katrina did to help, even if it was for selfish reasons(I take things too seriously).

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Scholtz posted:

Yeah, I think my annoyance is just having seen Bojack season 4, Lego Batman, and rewatching AD season four all within a week.

I have a very boring and unsupervised desk job OKAY

This would put anyone off for a few weeks.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I miss the Mr. Peanutbutter/Bojack interactions but where can they go from them making out at the end of that episode of That Hollywoo Stars Trivia Show That Has A Really Long Title I Can't Recall, Let's Find Out

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Hollywoo Stars And Celebrities: What Do They Know, Do They Know Things? Let's Find Out!

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

I think I may have laughed the at "I'm J. goddamn D. goddamn Salinger" more than anything.

golden bells
Oct 17, 2013

Just realized we didn't see Sextina this season. Hope she's enjoying being a mama.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Captain Lavender posted:

I think I may have laughed the at "I'm J. goddamn D. goddamn Salinger" more than anything.

Alan Arkin owns.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I like how the show isn't afraid to drop characters because in life people sometimes just come and go like Sextina the gerbil man with the deep voice Jill Pill Ethan and Todd's sexual girlfriend

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Calaveron posted:

Sextina the gerbil man with the deep voice

I want you to know that now I'm imagining Cuddly Whiskers singing "Get Dat Fetus, Kill Dat Fetus"

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

Calaveron posted:

I like how the show isn't afraid to drop characters because in life people sometimes just come and go like Sextina the gerbil man with the deep voice Jill Pill Ethan and Todd's sexual girlfriend

The show should end with BoJack feeling like he's finally achieved some feeling of closure after making amends with all the people close to him that he's wronged over the course of the series, and then running into a homeless Ethan on the streets of LA.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Calaveron posted:

Owl lady and Angela Bassett Who Was Not A Hound not appearing after their seasons makes me wonder if Hollyhock won't show up again.

TenCentFang
Sep 5, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

Regy Rusty posted:

I want you to know that now I'm imagining Cuddly Whiskers singing "Get Dat Fetus, Kill Dat Fetus"

Are you saying he wouldn't? He's totally the type to sing pop songs to himself while he's making coffee. God, that reminds me, I would love a Patrick Stewart role before Bojack ends or Stewart dies. You've heard Patrick Stewart be dramatic, and you've heard him say bugfuck crazy hilarious things, now let's hear both at the same time!

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

The show should end with BoJack feeling like he's finally achieved some feeling of closure after making amends with all the people close to him that he's wronged over the course of the series, and then running into a homeless Ethan on the streets of LA.

Whom he does not recognize.

More seriously, I think last season was sort of how he doesn't have to make amends. I mean, it's good to apologize and poo poo, but he was finally able to throw away his desperate need for approval to anonymously give Hollyhock's dads the information about her mom without even making any excuses for himself-he was totally, 100% concerned for Hollyhock and not what she'd think of him, which was his mistake with Herb and Penny. Ah, the writing on this show is so loving good.

PostNouveau posted:

Owl lady and Angela Bassett Who Was Not A Hound not appearing after their seasons makes me wonder if Hollyhock won't show up again.

Both of their relationships with Bojack definitively ended and they left. Why would they keep showing up? I would be deeply surprised if Hollyhock didn't make an appearance here or there in season five, even though she probably won't be the driving force again.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Wanda gave everything she had to Bojack and he dumped her so he could be a dumpster and get hosed up with Diane.

Wanda deserves better and I'd be bummed if they reconciled.

It would make more sense that Ethan and Wanda get together (Ethan around took off and they meet and fall and love and Bojack r Alize's he brought these people together through being lovely.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

E11 fuuuuuck! Bojack's been laying it on pretty thick the last few years but this season, in particular the PC episode and this one, goddamn. And to think that I couldn't get my parents to watch it because silly animals lol.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Everytime i rewatched the series, I cannot enjoy Ana Spanakopita. She just feels weirdly cliche for a show that avoids or subverts cliches so much. Bassett does an amazing job with her voice, but the over all character just feels like they're from a different show.

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich

SEX BURRITO posted:

I feel like Bojack actually dying would be kind of a predictable ending, and there are better ways to end the show.

A few times when Horsin' Around is brought up there is the line "Didn't the horse die at the end of that show?"

I feel like they have been foreshadowing it a bit.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Bojack would survive miraculously only to have Diane get killed in a car accident on the way to see him.

This show is too smart to kill Bojack and that might not be good news for us.

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I feel like earlier in its production it was a possibility but yeah now with its popularity they probably have a different ending in mind for him.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

iSheep posted:

A few times when Horsin' Around is brought up there is the line "Didn't the horse die at the end of that show?"

I feel like they have been foreshadowing it a bit.

They showed it too. The horse from horsing around died because the kids didn't love him enough, and they were sent back to an orphanage to be unloved

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

ninjewtsu posted:

They showed it too. The horse from horsing around died because the kids didn't love him enough, and they were sent back to an orphanage to be unloved

Not coincidentally, my favorite season one joke

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

I don't think this was pointed out but, lighting matches and tossing them in the pool is something Walter White does in the first episode of Breaking Bad.

LinYutang
Oct 12, 2016

NEOLIBERAL SHITPOSTER

:siren:
VOTE BLUE NO MATTER WHO!!!
:siren:

:thunk:

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
if this series doesn't end with a "why the long face" joke I'm going to be so mad

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

There are always a couple of DBZ fans on the #bojack hashtag bitching that the cartoon horse show is stealing their anime's name.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

Koalas March posted:

I don't think this was pointed out but, lighting matches and tossing them in the pool is something Walter White does in the first episode of Breaking Bad.

It was pointed out, near the beginning of the thread.

Here's something that I haven't seen pointed out: in season 2, ep 4 with Diane's surprise party, PB said he remembered she had always wanted a BALL room.

So, either Diane wanted both a Ball AND Belle room, or PB mis-remembered and Diane didn't even bother pointing it out.

I will now also be proven wrong and be told this was pointed out on page 2.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Lurdiak posted:

There are always a couple of DBZ fans on the #bojack hashtag bitching that the cartoon horse show is stealing their anime's name.

that's kind of amazing because even by dbz movie villain standards bojack was stupid and boring

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Brother Entropy posted:

that's kind of amazing because even by dbz movie villain standards bojack was stupid and boring

As I found out when I googled a minor quest in Xenoverse 2, no matter how boring or minor a DBZ character is, they have angry diehard fans who will write long screeds about why they're the best character in the series at the drop of a hat.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZrT-Nf229A

:allears:

TenCentFang
Sep 5, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lurdiak posted:

As I found out when I googled a minor quest in Xenoverse 2, no matter how boring or minor a DBZ character is, they have angry diehard fans who will write long screeds about why they're the best character in the series at the drop of a hat.

It's me Lurdiak-kun, I'm the one who can't let go of my childhood ideas about Dragon Ball.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

It was pointed out, near the beginning of the thread.

Here's something that I haven't seen pointed out: in season 2, ep 4 with Diane's surprise party, PB said he remembered she had always wanted a BALL room.

So, either Diane wanted both a Ball AND Belle room, or PB mis-remembered and Diane didn't even bother pointing it out.

I will now also be proven wrong and be told this was pointed out on page 2.

Actually she says "FIRST OF ALL..." and never goes into to her second point.

My new homework is "how many big fights to MPB and Diane have between the divorce and MPB joking they are only 5 big fights from splitting up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Bust Rodd posted:

Actually she says "FIRST OF ALL..." and never goes into to her second point.

My new homework is "how many big fights to MPB and Diane have between the divorce and MPB joking they are only 5 big fights from splitting up.

Do the sexy fights count?