Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
The best part of that weird threadshitting is that Motherfucker apparently believes the term “incel” predates asexual. And that he confused incel with volcel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Billzasilver posted:

Just revisit hiphopapotamus and have like 15 women accuse him at the same time

You bunch of weirdos

They call me the Hiphopapotamus
My lyrics are bottomless

*clears throat*

Soup du Jour posted:

If you’re going to do a take on #metoo, you don’t go “what if bitches be crazy liars”, that’s stupid and harmful. Show people in the wake of these scandals rushing to take advantage of power vacuums in its wake if you’re going to be cynical about it. Like I can very easily see Princess Carolyn start celebrating when some big-name actor gets fired for sexual harassment because it means she can get a client that role.

This is one of the better suggestions I've seen.

Here's another I think isn't totally terrible:

A female cast member not being believed when she speaks up due to some other, probably new, female character, falsely accusing the same person who abused the main cast member for personal gain but is shot down. Todd stumbles rear end-backwards onto the truth, overhearing the perpetrator talking about grabbing by the genitals or whatever, and gets Jessica Biel to stand by the female cast member and everyone bielives the victims after that.

Good if done properly, I think. So I definitely shouldn't be in charge there.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Here's somethings I can guarantee about next season:

-If they don't do a storyline on #METOO some people here will be offended that they ignored it

-If they DO do a storylline on #METOO some people here will find some fault with it and reactions will vary from "it's cringeworthy the way they..." to "THIS IS COMPLETE poo poo AND I AM NEVER WATCHING THIS SHOW AGAIN!"

-also somebody will :smug: ly connect the dots and say that the tone deaf and hamfisted covering of sexual assault combined with the casting of a white woman as Diane proves that the show creator is a secret white patriarchal cishet shitlord all along and "I TOTALLY knew that"

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Astroman posted:

-If they don't do a storyline on #METOO some people here will be offended that they ignored it

-If they DO do a storylline on #METOO some people here will find some fault with it and reactions will vary from "it's cringeworthy the way they..." to "THIS IS COMPLETE poo poo AND I AM NEVER WATCHING THIS SHOW AGAIN!"

-also somebody will :smug: ly connect the dots and say that the tone deaf and hamfisted covering of sexual assault combined with the casting of a white woman as Diane proves that the show creator is a secret white patriarchal cishet shitlord all along and "I TOTALLY knew that"

I think this is right, but is also applicable to any topic that might come up in discussion. :)

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
What if they never address it directly but always have a little snippet going on in the background, like something in the news ticker while Tom talks about something else, little, blurred protests or marches happening while characters are meeting somewhere, actresses dropping out of their roles in Princess Carolyne's project for unspecified reasons, stuff like that.

Not expecting any of this to actually happen, just making conversation.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Astroman posted:

Ooh, does the thing happen where another person muses on how people react to it and very proudly point out that the way they did it didn't satisfy literally everyone? I bet it will happen!

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Here's another I think isn't totally terrible:

A female cast member not being believed when she speaks up due to some other, probably new, female character, falsely accusing the same person who abused the main cast member for personal gain

That would be a huge step back for this show, and just a real bad idea overall.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I genuinely don’t understand the idea that the show has to depict #metoo in a certain light. So many people in this thread seem to believe the show has a responsibility to depict all of this in the most realistic and most supportive light, but that doesn’t seem possible in a show where the main character is a dedicated sex-creep.

There are many possible #metoo storylines, why do they have to play it straight? Would that send a worse message than the sex whale episode or the Chicken episode, both of which have deep messages but don’t mind playing them for jokes.

I understand it’s a sensitive and extremely triggering subject, but like, so is cancer, so is addiction, so is clinical depression, so is literally all of Beatrice’s storyline in season 4, and they were all able to tell those stories.

Again, for me it comes down to having faith in the show.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
Hey guys, I feel like we're going in circles with this talk about how #MeToo should or shouldn't be depicted; I think it might be time to drop it. What do you think?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

DivisionPost posted:

Hey guys, I feel like we're going in circles with this talk about how #MeToo should or shouldn't be depicted; I think it might be time to drop it. What do you think?

#metoo

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Isn't one of Trumps Russian Handlers named something like Hippopolous?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

twistedmentat posted:

Isn't one of Trumps Russian Handlers named something like Hippopolous?

George Papadopoulos is the apotheosis of bottomless incompetence.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
“Toppling the acropolis that ensconces us” moves me to tears

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

DivisionPost posted:

I'm fer it unless somebody has a genuinely new take.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

PostNouveau posted:

George Papadopoulos is the apotheosis of bottomless incompetence.

This stuff is up there with “little old lady got mutilated late last night”

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.
So, I guess we can have a good handle on who they'd give a #metoo accusation to if they went that way...
Ryan Seacrest maintains innocence as former colleague backs accuser Suzie Hardy

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
Amazon just snagged Raphael Bob-Waksberg and Kate Purdy for a new series.

quote:

Undone is a “half-hour animated dramedy that explores the elastic nature of reality through its central character, Alma,” according to a press release. Alma, voiced by Rosa Salazar (Alita: Battle Angel), discovers she has a new relationship with time itself after surviving a near-fatal car accident. Alma uses her new ability to investigate the truth surrounding her father’s death.

Dutch artist Hisko Hulsing, who is best known for his work on the Kurt Cobain documentary, Montage of Heck, will oversee animation on the project.

“Hisko’s beautiful artwork and masterful use of light and color will create a look never seen before on a television show that will make audiences lose their minds,” Bob-Waksberg said in a press release.

For those who don't know, Purdy basically led the charge on some of the show's strongest episodes: "Downer Ending," "Best Thing That Ever Happened," "The Old Sugarman Place," and "Time's Arrow." Undone is set for 2019; RBW remains committed to BoJack, and while Purdy is unlikely to be part of the show going forward, we're theoretically close enough to the show's 5th season that she might have still contributed to some scripts. Even if she isn't, there's still a lot of talent in that room.

All that said, between this and Lisa Hanawalt's new project, it's looking like either this season or next will be it for BoJack, which would be a hell of a run for a talking horse cartoon.

DivisionPost fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Mar 7, 2018

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS

DivisionPost posted:

Amazon just snagged Raphael Bob-Waksberg and Kate Purdy for a new series.

For those who don't know, Purdy basically led the charge on some of the show's strongest episodes: "Downer Ending," "Best Thing That Ever Happened," "The Old Sugarman Place," and "Time's Arrow." Undone is set for 2019; RBW remains committed to BoJack, and while Purdy is unlikely to be part of the show going forward, we're theoretically close enough to the show's 5th season that she might have still contributed to some scripts. Even if she isn't, there's still a lot of talent in that room.

All that said, between this and Lisa Hanawalt's new project, it's looking like either this season or next will be it for BoJack, which would be a hell of a run for a talking horse cartoon.

As much as I want to live in this universe forever, it makes me so happy that all these deserving folks are getting new shows to share with the world.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/llainey/status/974514640943067137

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.
What happened?

Same thing that always happens. You didn't know me and then you fell in love with me. And now you know me.

:smith:

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bgb2cNllmBy/?taken-by=bojackhorseman

I wish SA would embed insta posts like it does for tweets

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

twistedmentat posted:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bgb2cNllmBy/?taken-by=bojackhorseman

I wish SA would embed insta posts like it does for tweets

We only subscribe to grandpa social medias around these parts mister

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHOGcEggdds

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

I came to this thread to post that exact remix.

Love this guys work.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

DivisionPost posted:

good, i would prefer for shows to conclusively end on a strong note rather than continue to taper on forever. it leaves space for continuations years down the road

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

:unsmith:

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/BoJackHorseman/status/979422911680323584
https://twitter.com/BoJackHorseman/status/979430866953822208
https://twitter.com/BoJackHorseman/status/979432538442616833

Transmogrifier fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Mar 29, 2018

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/BoJackHorseman/status/979433217047449601

I kind of hope Netflix CS responds

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

I'm choosing to believe this is the creators/writers of BoJack trolling some Netflix PR twitter flack who is out of his/her depth. :allears:

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Hey at least it isn't honeydew. Every time Cantaloupe gets invited to a party, its stupid friend Honeydew comes along!

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Honeydew is awesome and cantaloupe is terrible, but every time people serve cubes of both at a party it's never loving cut right or ripe. You have to actually go buy the honeydew and cut it yourself.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

LividLiquid posted:

Honeydew is awesome and cantaloupe is terrible, but every time people serve cubes of both at a party it's never loving cut right or ripe. You have to actually go buy the honeydew and cut it yourself.

Get the hell out of my house

friendly 2 da void
Mar 23, 2018

Wow, the way they wrote Judah out of the show felt completely contrived. Guess they just couldn't figure out what to do with his character, but why even introduce him in the first place :psyduck:

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

I think the point is that Princess Carolyn actively sabotages her positive relationships because she's so used to co-dependency and being close to people who Need Her to Fix Them.

Of course, he did lie to her. But you don't get the vibe she's drawing a red line over the lie so much as she just wants to push him away because she's hurting.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
He might come back but the thing is that PC is disproportionally lashing out at everyone in that episode because she's hurting and can't cope with it anymore by just using a little story

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I want to think he'll be back because that episode was so depressing and I have to believe she can repair her life

:(

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

I definitely think that part of it (and her break with Ralph, too, although there were other factors there) is just that PC is addicted to "fixing" other people and feels insecure when she finds herself in a close relationship with someone who has nothing to fix. Bojack sort of did a number on her in that regard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Android Blues posted:

I definitely think that part of it (and her break with Ralph, too, although there were other factors there) is just that PC is addicted to "fixing" other people and feels insecure when she finds herself in a close relationship with someone who has nothing to fix. Bojack sort of did a number on her in that regard.

I think it long predates Bojack. Likely, the fact he's such a trainwreck is what was so attractive to her in the first place. She even explained in The Best Thing That Ever Happened, her mom was a live-in servant for a rich family that was also a useless drunk. As a child, PC had to constantly cover for her mom, or they would both be out on the street. For her, close relationships have always had the quality of taking responsibility for the other person.