Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

I dont know posted:

I think it long predates Bojack. Likely, the fact he's such a trainwreck is what was so attractive to her in the first place. She even explained in The Best Thing That Ever Happened, her mom was a live-in servant for a rich family that was also a useless drunk. As a child, PC had to constantly cover for her mom, or they would both be out on the street. For her, close relationships have always had the quality of taking responsibility for the other person.

That's true, good point. I had totally forgotten the detail about her mom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
https://twitter.com/BoJackHorseman/status/980505074265939970

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel

friendly 2 da void posted:

Wow, the way they wrote Judah out of the show felt completely contrived. Guess they just couldn't figure out what to do with his character, but why even introduce him in the first place :psyduck:

I hope he comes back at some point, because his last name might be my favorite name joke in the series. It's exactly as stupid as a namejoke should be.

friendly 2 da void
Mar 23, 2018

Very good point, cause it IS funny and reminds me that these characters are just cartoon sidekicks. They got bored of Judah's schtick and replaced him with wacky Rami Malek. That's all there is to it.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Sardonik posted:

I hope he comes back at some point, because his last name might be my favorite name joke in the series. It's exactly as stupid as a namejoke should be.

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy

Excuse me but

quote:

Tom Hardy (who is a cat)

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

Wait, did you think I was Bo Jackson?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
The best name in the series is Bradley Hitler-Smith

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Henchman of Santa posted:

The best name in the series is Bradley Hitler-Smith

Tommy Schlommi

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
I really liked in S1 when PC kept talking about Vanessa Gecko and then turned out she was a normal human.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Vanessa Gecko!? That slippery, slimy, cold-blooded, bug eyed-

What's new, pussy-cat?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Samuringa posted:

I really liked in S1 when PC kept talking about Vanessa Gecko and then turned out she was a normal human.

That got a big laugh from me.

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

Pick posted:

That got a big laugh from me.

Matthew Fox (who is a wolf) and Scott Wolf (who is a fox, voiced by actual Scott Wolf) presenting at the 1994 Animal Choice Awards.

LeJackal fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Apr 6, 2018

Tristesse
Feb 23, 2006

Chasing the dream.
Bread Poot is the one that always gets me giggling like an idiot.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Tristesse posted:

Bread Poot is the one that always gets me giggling like an idiot.

I like Jurj Clooners; for some reason it reminds me of "Matt Damon" in Team America: World Police.

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

Samuringa posted:

I loved this. Also, Cameron Crowe getting kinda mad because he’s actually a raven.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Samuringa posted:

I didn't actually catch that until goons mentioned it. :doh:

LeJackal posted:

Matthew Fox (who is a wolf) and Scott Wolf (who is a fox, voiced by actual Scott Wolf)

:aaaaa: I guess I'm pretty slow on the uptake when it comes to this show's references/jokes.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
One of my favorite name jokes from S4 is Princess Carolyn finishing a story with "...and so the movie finished Mars Attacks without him, and since no one ever found a body, my client Tony Tromboni has been making movies under the name Tim Burton ever since.”

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

YeahTubaMike posted:

:aaaaa: I guess I'm pretty slow on the uptake when it comes to this show's references/jokes.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

YeahTubaMike posted:

It's so easy to miss jokes that even seem obvious on review. Considering there are 4 jokes for every 5 sentences in this show, plus sight gags, you really have to pay attention to catch most of them.

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018
did david sedaris ever do a guest voice or any writing or was it all amy?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I always liked "Tom Hardy (who is a cat)"

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Caganer posted:

As far as I know Amy was only a voice actor not a writer. Though, I wouldn't at all be surprised if he had an uncredited cameo somewhere along the line.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Captain Lavender posted:

It's so easy to miss jokes that even seem obvious on review. Considering there are 4 jokes for every 5 sentences in this show, plus sight gags, you really have to pay attention to catch most of them.

Arrested Development lives on.

Andenalli
Sep 17, 2007

I'm unique, just like
everyone else

Samuringa posted:

He might come back but the thing is that PC is disproportionally lashing out at everyone in that episode because she's hurting and can't cope with it anymore by just using a little story

She's leaving everyone before they can leave her. She had too much taken from her involuntarily and she needed control, even if that meant burning everything down. It was pretty sad to watch because she didn't process the feelings of loss, she repressed them. Hence the out of control alcoholism to avoid. I hope next season lets her get some reward. Life doesn't care about fair and this show isn't about fair or resolution but I like her and I am still hoping :(

edit; sorry if I dredged this up. Catching up to the previous page!

Andenalli fucked around with this message at 12:28 on Apr 7, 2018

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
I watched the episode where Bojack and Sarah Lynn go on one last mega-binge. It was a great episode, of course, but one thing I didn't notice the first time I watched was all of Sarah Lynn's architecture references. After they crash into that lemur kid's playhouse, she insults its structural integrity, and the main reason she wanted to go to the planetarium was to look at the dome. Then she dies in Bojack's arms after saying that she wants to be an architect. :smith:

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

Sarah Lynn always has architect references

StalkofWheat
Oct 10, 2012
The original Prickly Muffin music video also takes place in a planetarium!

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Billzasilver posted:

This is not the first time I've posted in here about missing references to stuff :saddowns:

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

YeahTubaMike posted:

This is not the first time I've posted in here about missing references to stuff :saddowns:

Its okay, I only really got it on my second watch through myself. There's a whole lot going on in each episode, and you spend that whole sequence wondering where the binge is going anyways.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

YeahTubaMike posted:

It's insane how many details this show hides in the background, sometimes seasons in advance.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Billzasilver posted:

Yeah her whole thing is so depressing

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

That just makes it worse. All along she had dreams, and then she dies. Goddamn this show is so good at punching my soul

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Caganer posted:

I don't know, but any excuse to put this here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0DUdpmgmz4

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
It's coming, my dudes

https://twitter.com/BoJackHorseman/status/1012002654325600256

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

God that's too far away, I might die in the meantime from a jaguar or something

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

:woop:
Also the conversation between Bojack & Netflix in that post is pretty good.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

DoubleCakes posted:

God that's too far away, I might die in the meantime from a jaguar or something

Eh, now I have something to look forward to!

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
drat I was getting so used to Hellworld just getting worse and worse and worse and worse and worse and now I gotta hang out until September for the new Spider-Man game and this poo poo

Goddam it Hellworld