Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

nooneofconsequence posted:

There's something you might not know about Tegan and Sara.

:doh: Totally forgot. Not that it matters, just makes the context a little different.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp

Elysiume posted:

They're Canadian

But not with each other!

radlum
May 13, 2013
Just finished the first season. I really liked it. It's a pity that most reviews dismissed the show as barely OK; it started like that but got much more dark and interesting later. I mean, that opening sequence in the finale was very dark. I'm looking forward to the 2nd season, I hope they notice their flaws (some jokes weren't good...like that terrible Doctor Who/Doctor Hu thing or the Spring Breakers and Todd) and improve the show, it really has potential.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
Here's some highlights from Facebook:

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

withak posted:

I spent a lot more time than I should have trying to figure out what meter I was supposed to read this post in.

the one for half-asleep typing on a small iphone screen?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Whats the song used near the end of the last episode? I recognize it but can't place it and googling is proving useless

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.
You mean during the montage? Wild Horses by Rolling Stones.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

In It For The Tank posted:

You mean during the montage? Wild Horses by Rolling Stones.

No wonder I recognised it. The show is really good and I hope it gets another season. I've been recommending it to everyone I can

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Jose posted:

No wonder I recognised it. The show is really good and I hope it gets another season. I've been recommending it to everyone I can

They got it. They're shooting for this summer.

RichardDunn
Oct 23, 2008
Oh man this thread doesn't seem to be giving enough love for the Nguyen brothers. That and Vincent Adultman were the two things I laughed the most at. The way the three of them all talked, and the way they acted ("Can't take my eyes off the game!") was just so funny to me.

Skimmed through the thread and didn't notice this, so sorry if this was posted. Also can't say I was clever enough to notice this myself as I read it on IMDB. But, I think the most clever callback joke is how the brothers are in awe at the fact that Ben Affleck eats grapes just like us normal folk. Then in the finale when Bojack gets his Golden Globe, the small screen that shows people in the audience shows Ben Affleck eating grapes, but he's eating them by cutting them up with a fork and knife. Hahaha.

Apparently also Beyonce is in the crowd with her leg in a cast.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

potee
Jul 23, 2007

Or, you know.

Not fine.

RichardDunn posted:

Oh man this thread doesn't seem to be giving enough love for the Nguyen brothers. That and Vincent Adultman were the two things I laughed the most at. The way the three of them all talked, and the way they acted ("Can't take my eyes off the game!") was just so funny to me.

"Dad's wicked Departed" might be the best line of the season.

Joose Caboose
Apr 17, 2013
Just finished the show last night and I loved it. I really liked where the season went at the end, and can't lie that I'm a sucker for all the animal sight gags - I could watch the show even if that's all there was to it.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Netflix now has a category "Watched by Bojack Horseman", which includes the hit 90s family sitcom, Horsin' Around.

ddiddles
Oct 21, 2008

Roses are red, violets are blue, I'm a schizophrenic and so am I
And this http://i.imgur.com/dU5lEZk.png

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

potee posted:

"Dad's wicked Departed" might be the best line of the season.

this, "I did a business," and "suck a dick, dumbshits" are my most memorable of the season. honorable mention to how proud Herb is at himself for "Juice control the media"

I'm way more into this show than I thought I would be, it took me a month to watch the first few episodes because I just wasn't digging it but those last few just blow by.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
Watched it this week. I'm glad I had waited awhile just because it was a fun surprise. Those last few episodes were great and I liked how Bojack held on to the Golden Globe throughout the last episode.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!
Wait, Bojack's Horsin' Around character is just "The Horse"? It suddenly makes sense to me why everyone just calls him "The Horse from Horsin' Around" and not "Jimmy from Horsin' Around" or whatever.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikpc1BN4nN8
Bojack's theme, the full version.

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
Whoa, this show becomes a surprisingly good drama about halfway through.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
I'm not sure if this is old news, but there's a Christmas special on Netflix.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

And it's basically a full episode of Horsin' Around. My god.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

I didn't know about it. Totally watching this tonight.

I'd love it if Bojack Horseman became some sort of unofficial mascot for Netflix, ans tarted having more specials and made actual announcements for them and such.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

I'd have never noticed otherwise so thanks! I thought it was actually pretty funny and its definitely entering my cheesy Christmas episode rotation

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS

The Human Crouton posted:

I didn't know about it. Totally watching this tonight.

I'd love it if Bojack Horseman became some sort of unofficial mascot for Netflix, ans tarted having more specials and made actual announcements for them and such.

I could see Netflix requesting one-off specials from their shows to roll out during the holidays. It's kind of brilliant.

Uh, also, is Fred Savage voicing Ethan??? Or Goober, I mean. I just saw his name in the credits.

i am the bird fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Dec 19, 2014

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I had no idea about the Christmas special, so many thanks for mentioning it.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
I'm glad your parents are dead and they're never coming back. :3:

This might actually be a really good barometer episode to determine whether or not someone would like the show.

EDIT: "FIRE THAT JEWWWWW!"

DivisionPost fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Dec 19, 2014

The Time Dissolver
Nov 7, 2012

Are you a good person?
Is "Bradley Hitler-Smith" a new joke or a callback?

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

The Time Dissolver posted:

Is "Bradley Hitler-Smith" a new joke or a callback?

Not in the show proper, but Netflix released the opening to Horsin' Around at the same time, and the name was in there.

I may be misremembering, but I think Raphael Bob-Waksberg mentioned that we might be seeing the other two kids at some point. The way Bradley kept bombing his catchphrase would be a good way to set up a "vengeful loser" character down the road...

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
The Christmas Special was great. Very funny and I can't wait for season 2

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

So wait, I've been holding off on the Christmas episode because I thought it was played entirely straight, being a "real" episode of the family show. It's actually funny?

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
If it hadn't been for this thread, I wouldn't have known the Christmas special existed. It doesn't show up on the main BoJack Horseman episode list, and there was no promotion for it anywhere.

Chakron
Mar 11, 2009

The Dennis System posted:

If it hadn't been for this thread, I wouldn't have known the Christmas special existed. It doesn't show up on the main BoJack Horseman episode list, and there was no promotion for it anywhere.

Netflix sent an email about it to anyone who watched the series. Either you have those promo emails turned off or something went weird.

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Chakron posted:

Netflix sent an email about it to anyone who watched the series. Either you have those promo emails turned off or something went weird.

Oh crap, I probably do have those emails turned off. I'm probably missing a lot of new stuff.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
What's a Christ...mas?

Also, Goober did not molest those Laker Girls. The actor who played Goober molested those Laker Girls. Gotta be a shot at that guy who played Cody on step by step getting arrested for domestic violence.

PostNouveau fucked around with this message at 11:03 on Dec 21, 2014

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Chakron posted:

It was the first thing that appeared when I logged in to my Netflix app, so I assumed anyone who watched Bojack would see it that way? :shrug: Apparently not.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
It didn't show up on my TV. I had to go add it on the website and wait for my list to refresh. It was in my gmail but in the promotions tab which I always ignore.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I've heard of Horse Actor Christmas Specials but this is ridiculous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Neat little bit I liked:

Bojack's boss was "voiced" by Herb Kazazz.