Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

TenCentFang posted:

It's me Lurdiak-kun, I'm the one who can't let go of my childhood ideas about Dragon Ball.

Are you the guy who wrote a loving novel about why Zarbon is the most interesting and complex character in the series?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TenCentFang
Sep 5, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lurdiak posted:

Are you the guy who wrote a loving novel about why Zarbon is the most interesting and complex character in the series?

No, but I've written at least one later-half Harry Potter book about why that's true for Broly!

WrathOfBlade
May 30, 2011

TenCentFang posted:

No, but I've written at least one later-half Harry Potter book about why that's true for Broly!

I mean it's not Ibsen, but

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Oh my god Get Dat Fetus Kill Dat Fetus is on spotify (alongside the rest of the bojack music).

Now I just have to make sure no one asks me what I'm listening to at work today

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Thats beautiful majesty right there.

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy
Looks like there's an art book coming out!

https://twitter.com/RaphaelBW/status/912515213458513920

https://twitter.com/SonicFrenzy76/status/912501585032474624

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Auto-Preorder right there.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
If you haven't already, check out Lisa Hanawalt's books. She's responsible for the design of this show and her stuff is great, just intensely weird and super hilarious.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I just want the painting of the blue horse that hangs next to front door of Bojack's house but that book is probably the best I can do.

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

Calaveron posted:

I miss the Mr. Peanutbutter/Bojack interactions but where can they go from them making out at the end of that episode of That Hollywoo Stars Trivia Show That Has A Really Long Title I Can't Recall, Let's Find Out

Obviously the best place for them to go is out on a date.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Zelder posted:

Oh my god Get Dat Fetus Kill Dat Fetus is on spotify (alongside the rest of the bojack music).

Now I just have to make sure no one asks me what I'm listening to at work today

The full length theme is badass:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkhHY7U3LwU

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
Bojack twitter makes a pretty compelling case for 280 characters.

https://twitter.com/BoJackHorseman/status/912858453017690112

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Lurdiak posted:

As I found out when I googled a minor quest in Xenoverse 2, no matter how boring or minor a DBZ character is, they have angry diehard fans who will write long screeds about why they're the best character in the series at the drop of a hat.

Lurdiak posted:

Uhhh is Zarbon supposed to be some boring minor DBZ character? Hello, the Ginyu Force and Freza's henchmen are some of the best characters in the series. They're not boring and minor.

I was expecting "random cameraman" or "saibaman #13" or something lol

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

Zaphod42 posted:

That Saibaman is a vital part of the canon! He's more important than Yamcha!

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

cptn_dr posted:

more important than Yamcha!

That's setting a low bar

:iceburn:

I love how in like the android or buu saga, at one point somebody is like "Hey, Yamcha, Tien, you guys gonna compete in the world's strongest tournament this year?" and they're just like "hell no, these guys are super saiyan 5 now its stupid"

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

iSheep posted:

A few times when Horsin' Around is brought up there is the line "Didn't the horse die at the end of that show?"

I feel like they have been foreshadowing it a bit.

the horse did die at the end of the show and everyone agrees it was a terrible, bad way to end a show

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

did anyone ever say that? i just remember bojack musing for a second about how it was kinda dark.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

boner confessor posted:

the horse did die at the end of the show and everyone agrees it was a terrible, bad way to end a show

Then they should have loved him harder.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Zaphod42 posted:

Uhhh is Zarbon supposed to be some boring minor DBZ character? Hello, the Ginyu Force and Freza's henchmen are some of the best characters in the series. They're not boring and minor.

looks like someone dropped a hat

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

ninjewtsu posted:

did anyone ever say that? i just remember bojack musing for a second about how it was kinda dark.

i may be extrapolating because it's commonly accepted that horsin' around was an awful although popular and iconic show

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

My favorite little gag this season was during the diner scene in Episode 3

"Can I have a Grasshopper?"
(Blonde-haired insect turns around)
"Yeeees?"

Astroman posted:

She already has--she's a manager! Managers can produce! :eng101:

She couldn't produce Philbert or Ruthie I wonder if that's intentional.

DivisionPost posted:

Oooh, poo poo, I forgot about that. You think that might be in the genes?

TL;DR yes

It'd make sense; to me, the show has an overarching theme of family and its influence. The only example that sticks out this season is when we see Bojack's thought process, which is tainted by a childhood of loneliness and degradation; he has to second-guess himself and berate every single action he takes, as if his failed novelist father haunts his life.
Hollyhock was born about 33 years after Bojack, and she was given the happiest life she could ask for. Protective, loving, empathetic parents, the complete opposite of what Bojack experienced and yet she is still haunted by the same inner Butterscotch, she was fathered by a man who spent the past 50 years humiliated, fruitless and bitter.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

FireWorksWell posted:

My favorite little gag this season was during the diner scene in Episode 3

"Can I have a Grasshopper?"
(Blonde-haired insect turns around)
"Yeeees?"

And then he's all like :pervert:

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

Data Graham posted:

And then he's all like :pervert:

I love his look of shock, and then that slow smile forming. Then they're walking out of the restaurant hand in hand while PC is trying to mount Ralph

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

I'm listening to the Bojack Horseman soundtrack and the theme song to Mr. Peanutbutter's house gave me a powerful 90's flashback.

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

I'm listening to the Bojack Horseman soundtrack and the theme song to Mr. Peanutbutter's house gave me a powerful 90's flashback.

I liked it so much that I made it my ringtone. It's pretty rad. :cool:

Bojack's theme is really powerful in full, but Sea of Dreams might be the best for riding around at night.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Really all the songs from "Fish out of Water" are great night driving songs.

There's only one problem I have with the album, they left out this song: https://youtu.be/rGtVDQNzuxY

What the hell were they thinking bro?!

Edit:

I also wish this version was on it: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=p-hzRGaxzZQ

GO VOTE!

Space Cadet Omoly fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Sep 28, 2017

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Really all the songs from "Fish out of Water" are great night driving songs.

There's only one problem I have with the album, they left out this song: https://youtu.be/rGtVDQNzuxY

What the hell were they thinking bro?!

Edit:

I also wish this version was on it: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=p-hzRGaxzZQ

GO VOTE!

I was disappointed that the generic decade pop songs were missing

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

They really could make a second soundtrack from the all the other songs and musical clips they use, there's a lot of musical material left.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Holy poo poo.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Man, the live action remake is coming along really well.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

What is this, a live action episode??

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.

PittTheElder posted:

What is this, a live action episode??

Clearly not. That horse lacks the proper facial markings and that dog is NOT a yellow lab.

I am hella PEEVED
Oct 25, 2007

Welcome to Earth.

Master Twig posted:

Clearly not. That horse lacks the proper facial markings and that dog is NOT a yellow lab.

The dog is also not wearing a V-neck. Where is he supposed to put his sunglasses.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Iron Crowned posted:

I didn't realize that the entire sequence for the 2007 one is referencing the 80s one until I looked them up on youtube.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

I am hella PEEVED posted:

The dog is also not wearing a V-neck. Where is he supposed to put his sunglasses.

I mean, they're clearly on top of his head.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Master Twig posted:

Hey, BoJack has been played by a guy in a horse mask. We should be glad we're even getting a horse this time.

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

Iron Crowned posted:

I like how they were so close to doing a 1999 flashback, complete with song, then pulled it back.

I was so ready for a crappy Smash Mouth/Sugar Ray song!

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

I just binged all of this on Netflix and it's pretty much exactly what I like. Dark twisted comedy involving horrible people, but with actual emotional depth and not just shallow sociopathic jerks.

Though I'm mostly posting to come clean that I didn't get the joke with Mr Peanutbutter's name until the end of season four.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

A Sometimes Food posted:

I just binged all of this on Netflix and it's pretty much exactly what I like. Dark twisted comedy involving horrible people, but with actual emotional depth and not just shallow sociopathic jerks.

Though I'm mostly posting to come clean that I didn't get the joke with Mr Peanutbutter's name until the end of season four.

Uh oh. I think I'm missing a joke, because I just know this one.

:ohdear: