Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
I just discovered this show and i'm nearly finished with the first season. It's incredible. It's like Californication but even better.

Mr Peanutbutter is definitely my favourite character :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
I tried it and got pretty graphic horse dick in the first 100 or so images. But that was all.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Cat-person here, I love dogs and would always prefer one as a pet over a cat.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
I was just google-image-searching Bojack costumes. This Princess Carolyn is awesome:

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
I'd prefer actual figures.

Then I could put Bojack and Mr Peanutbutter in the same house (my house) and declare "What is this, a crossover episode?"

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Woohoo, deep winter, just in time to contribute to my seasonal affective disorder. :munch:

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
ITT: people who didn't go to 5th grade, apparently

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Woo, season 3 comes out the day after my boyfriend leaves to go overseas for a month, so I'm going to be sitting alone in my freezing cold house all lonely and poo poo while watching this. Me and my crippling depression are HYPED!

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

twistedmentat posted:

This is probably going places I don't want to go, but uh, are furries into Bojack? Considering how much they were over for Zootopia, i'd think they would also have the same thing for this, but then the animal people are not really dawn in the way that Furries would want to spank it to.

Don't worry about it!

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Pick posted:

This season had better be good because it's given me a reason to live and so I better be looking forward to S4 when it's over

Are... are you okay? :sympathy:

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
I teared up just watching the season 2 recap on Netflix. This show is going to destroy me :munch:

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
PSA: Don't let Netflix skip to episode 3 before you listen to the whole end credits song of episode 2.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

I use Chromecast and my iPhone. On the app, you can choose Next, Stop or Episodes. Only the latter choice lets you finish watching til the end of the credits.

No idea about other platforms.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Well, my talking animal cartoon show is over for another year. Time to book myself into some therapy :smithicide:

Thoughts:
- Mods please change my username to Hedrigall (who is a cat)
- Mr Peanutbutter saying he's sure the spaghetti strainers will pay off, and then them paying off, was great.
- Can we get some more love for the whole "Who's that dog? Mr Peanutbutter!" sequence in episode 10? I was laughing so much it hurt. Had to rewatch it immediately.
- Oh yeah, my mum was visiting on the weekend, and I put on the show while she was sitting reading on the couch, and it just happened to be the episode with the "human woman gives a talking horse a handjob" scene. *cut to dog putting paw over face* Awkward.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
I've heard of "laugh til you cry", but this is ridiculous!

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
I've heard of "give the dog a bone", but this is ridiculous!

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
You guys have gotta stop finding and reading my fanfiction :mad:

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Captain Lavender posted:

I'm still harboring the belief that Judah is actually a lion, with his mane all in a man-bun.

Captain Lavender posted:

I noticed in S3 that Princess Carolyn has the book Me Meow Pretty One Day on her book shelf - real life book, Me Talk Pretty One Day, having been written by Amy Sedaris' brother David Sedaris. I'm just pointing out dumb sight gags now, sorry. I never get over how the show seamlessly, and somewhat randomly, switches between real-life references, and real-life references altered to make an animal pun.

Pause and read her whole bookcase, it's hilarious.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Full version of the Mr Peanutbutter's House theme song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrXNBd72tJU

Doesn't have any of the voices/sound effects from the phone-chasing scene.

Now to make this my ringtone :3:

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Rollersnake posted:

I missed a few episodes here and there, so was the horse dying at the end of Horsing Around mentioned at all except for that once in Season 3? I just know that that's going to come back at Bojack's lowest moment and possibly be related to something pivotal (or not, given how good this show is at foreshadowing as misdirection).

Season 1 episode 1.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Stabbatical posted:

I say all this as minor things, I still got through season 3 in 3 days (and only that long because I made myself ration it out a bit). So something's still going right. I really liked Ep4 too but I think my favourite one was actually Ep7 with The Closer. The back and forth between him and The Closer was really good to me and I think I'd be very interested to see BoJack get some kind of professional therapy/counselling/analysis as an element of the next season. Maybe that'd be a boring idea to everyone else but I think I'd eat it up.

I'd like this too. What if it was a crossover with Dr Katz, only Dr Katz was, you know, some cats. In a trench coat. :3:

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Buzkashi posted:

The Tom Hardy joke during the Oscar nomination brainstorm was delightfully lazy but worked perfectly

Yep, this was the background joke of the season for me.

I'm still considering spending the $8 to append my forums username...

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Or how about...

Hedrigall (Tom Hardy (who is a cat)) no don't write the Tom Hardy part posted:

Yep, this was the background joke of the season for me.

I'm still considering spending the $8 to append my forums username...

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
The show should be part of a mental health questionnaire given to people new to cognitive behaviour therapy.

Tick all that apply:

- Depression
- Social anxiety
- Low self esteem
- Cartoon horse on the Netflixes

:smith:

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Iron Crowned posted:

To be honest, I'm still convinced that the first 4-6 episodes are like that to lull you into a false sense of security that you're watching a Macfarlane/Adult Swim style show before it punches you in the gut the way that BoJack does.

Too bad that strategy failed when most reviewers only watched the first 4-6 episodes of the first season before writing it off as exactly that.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Iron Crowned posted:

Most reviewers are pretty pretentious and bad at reviewing anyway.

I give reviewers 4/10

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Henchman of Santa posted:

The problem is reviewers only got that many promotional episodes

Then Netflix handled that poorly. They should have given out a sampling of early and late season episodes.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

sweetmercifulcrap posted:

So this is totally random, but I just realized that in the intro, Bojack couldn't be falling into his own pool because he steps past it to the balcony railing which he then falls over. So is he falling like hundreds of feet into someone else's pool?

Maybe it's in his head

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Malcolm's dad decided to start cooking meth

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

anivasion posted:

I could totally see Bojack ending with him being redeemed by fixing everything he's ever done wrong but he was actually just experiencing it only in his mind in the last few seconds of his life. Then he dies.

Bojack Mirror

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Jesus loving Christ this is really dark guys, I mean I know it's the Bojack thread but Jesus loving Christ

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
I hope the show ends with Bojack jumping into the air, his fist raised in triumph, and it freezeframes on that.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
I kept watching because animal puns are my heroin

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
But they're just cribbing from the JACKIE JORMP-JOMP school of bastardised celebrity names

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Contrary to their original intended purpose, cartoons now amplify depression

What a world we live in!

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Otherkinsey Scale posted:

I binged this show over the course of a few days. Previously saw the last few episodes of season 3 with a friend, so I was spoiled for a bunch of stuff, but that was what convinced me to watch so it worked out.

I'm a goddamn sap though, because my favorite scene of the whole show was Mr Peanutbutter's phone call with Diane in the season 2 finale. It's just this perfect moment of unconditional love and grace.

Best username.

That phone call is so high up for me in best scenes too. I love Mr Peanutbutter so much and by the end of this show I don't care if Bojack offs himself, I just want Mr PB to have a happy ending :unsmith:

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
I wish well designed figures of shows I like were a thing because I'd love a set from this show, but I guess my only choice is big headed black eyed monstrosities because they're cute or something?

Funko pop is a plague on this earth

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
I know what I'll be watching on my flight to Tokyo two days after that :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Bust Rodd posted:

Ok thread. If you were in Bojack's world, would you be a human? Or would you be animal with an ironic job?

I'd be a Panda that sold weed. I'd exclusively call it bamboo and all my human friends would think it was so funny, but any animals I hang out with totally don't honk it's funny and wonder why I pander to hairless 'pinkies'.

What would you be, Bonack thread?

*takes breath, reads from statement* I have been advised that for the wellbeing of my forums account I should not participate in this conversation.