Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Just finished episode 2 of Season 4...

Episode 1-Totally knew Todd was going to cross that finish line before the current Governor. I didn't expect to see him concede the title so easily though...

Episode 2I'm not sure how I would describe this episode with the constantly fluid time shifting. That was pretty f'ed up when the husband gave the wife a Lobotomy though, Jesus F'in' Christ!

And as for Episode 3-Hooray! Todd episode!-Oh this should be an interesting watch...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
OK, so I finished episode 6, and I had a few questions-

Does Bojack drive an Eco-convertible now? They spent a segment in episode 2 showing Bojack trying to put gas into his car to no available help.

Episode 6-Oh Good Lord, I wanted to cry during the entire episode. Is that the same bear nurse that was helping Bojack's old producer friend when he was dying?

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I just finished watching Episode 10, and Holy gently caress was it an insane ride!

Mr. Peanut Butter's house went underground because of the fracking? Brilliant!

PC miscarries her baby? And had FOUR other miscarriages as well?

Not to mention Beatrice's putting amphetamines in Hollyhock's coffee? That was pretty crazy as well!

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Jesus gently caress, man...

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Bust Rodd posted:

I would watch literally any two wizards gently caress, no matter who they were or how ugly they may appear, because wizard sex has got to be awesome to watch

I'd imagine it would have like fireballs, magical potions, and other mystical crap.

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Looot a talk about Prestige TV in here right now...

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Just watched the first episode of S5. If Diane and Mr PB were getting divorced, why would he volunteer to take Diane home from the airport? Also, Philbert was right, this is going to be an amazing season.

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Just finished ep 2, and now I finally know who this "Pickles" character is. I'm surprised she shacked up with Mr Peanut Butter so fast, though.

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

twistedmentat posted:

Where does Voltron fit in there? I'd put it between Castlevania and Disenchantment. Is Final Space netflix? I'd never seen or heard about it until it popped up on my suggested freed. That show seems like a rip off of Futurama, but the end is loving bleak as Devilman Cry. There's another that looks like a bad Archer rip off made for Icebox.com around 2001. I cannot remember it but it is not Paradise PD.

And I see a lot of my self in Mr Peanutbutter, in that I'm always trying to be happy and friendly to everyone, and tend to try to ignore the bad stuff. Though i'm not so deluded and privileged to ignore like money or see how my behavior affects people around me.

I think what you're talking about is Pacific Heat

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Motherfucker posted:

funeral speech episode loving owns.

I keep hearing references to this, but I'm only on episode 4 so far. Gonna be good to finally watch this episode this week.

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Just finished watching E5 The Amelia Earhart Story
Good GOD that was a horrible story for everyone involved! I was surprised that PC got it on with a Fox and then had a miscarriage. Don't even get me started on PC's mother, good god she is annoying, and I thought she was actually dead when PC said she was in the beginning of the episode.

But yeah, overall, I thought it was a pretty good episode.

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Just finished watching E9 Ancient History.

HOLY NUCKING FUTZ have the last few episodes been insane beyond belief! I mean there was Free Churro where Bojack gave that long winded speech about his Mom dying to the WRONG meeting room, then the INT SUB story where all the characters are them, but not quite at least according to how that gay couple was telling the story. Then to Bojack's 25th year of hosting the Halloween party where Pickles got a cruel lesson in dating Mr PB, and now Hollyhock threw Bojack's pain pills into the sink, and now Bojack just wrecked his car so he would have another excuse to get more pain meds for his addiction. Though now I have some questions about what happened:

-How did that chick get the tape of Bojack confessing about ALMOST shacking up with that teen deer that was his old friend's kid?

-Did Gina move into Bojack's place for a while? I remember her saying that she was going to sleep at the end of the Halloween episode, and then she proceeds to goto bed IN Bojack's house.

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Holy crap, I just realized the link between this thread's title and the show even though I watched that episode a few days ago!

Anyhoo, I just finished Ep 11, and holy crap was this episode trippy as all hell! The blending between the show and the police procedural drama styles was interesting, and I was surprised that Bojack flipped his poo poo and was strangling Gina in the end. And seriously, did Bojack hide his pills in every place in his house imaginable?

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Billzasilver posted:

Hollyhock seemed to turn out okay, what the gently caress is her secret?

She's actually a man.

Wait, that doesn't work...

She's actually a broom.

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Billzasilver posted:

^i think the issue is Early Bojack says a lot of mean and cruel poo poo that makes people want to turn off.

HEY! If people are turned off by that, then they shouldn't be watching the show in the first place! :colbert:

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Son of a Vondruke! posted:

Uh... both those shows did do crossovers.

Oh crap, I forgot about those!

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
After watching the first episode of Tuca & Bertie, I gotta say that its a nice breathe of fresh air compared to Bojack, with the nonchalant swearing and references to hooking up.

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Just finished ep 5 of Tuca & Bertie.

poo poo gets weird

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
You gotta watch Tuca & Bertie until AT LEAST episode 5, the end of that episode is where things get real interesting...

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Is it just me, or is Bertie's swim coach from Jelly Lake a VERY butch lesbian? I mean, she beat up a GIANT crab creature & even ripped off one of its legs.

Also, as far as Bertie being a submissive adult, can you really blame her? She's constantly run into men oppressing her for her entire life!

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Just finished watching T&B, and I gotta say, that was one interesting way to end S1, though I guess everything is moving for the girls, with Bertie opening up her own pastry shop & Tuca deciding to go be with her Aunt that just had an accident. Not a bad way to end S1 though.

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Obviously it's going to end with Bojack and Mr Peanutbutter's wedding.

Bojack and Mr Peanut butter at the SAME wedding!? What is this, a crossover wedding??

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
All good things must come to an end, eventually.

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I'll never think of dentists the same way again.

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Matt Groening is getting too old to do classic gag jokes now? My god, we are in the end of days, now.

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
That excerpt from Haddish has me genuinely worried. Who the hell in their right mind would willingly do that to themselves!?

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Not sure why everyone is quoting 1stGear about the new thread title, I mean I think it's a good title too, can we move on now or are we gonna keep empty quoting here?

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I wish I could say that I'm surprised, but I'm really not considering you're all goons.

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Iron Crowned posted:

BoJack should be played by Wallace Shawn

I completely forgot that he played himself early in Bojack's run on Netflix! I totally vote for this as well!

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Oh wow, I'm watching the first episode right now and they wasted NO time getting the swearing over with.

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

punk rebel ecks posted:

I'm curious to what happened to therapy horse's daughter.

Drugs, probably.

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
That horse has a name, and it is Doctor Champion!

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Dude ate a LOT of cotton candy! Like more than should be physically possible!

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I'll be honest, now that Mr PB FINALLY got his crossover with Bojack, I don't really see the appeal of keeping him around anymore aside from resolving his super messed up relationship with Pickles.

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
That's like the second of third episode of the first season, and its VERY obviously named as well.

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
What IS acting?

So far I've only seen the first episode of the finale season so far, but it all seems pretty promising.

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Oh Bojack, it doesn't matter where you go

So I just finished ep 15, and I had some questions about previous episodes.
-Didn't some goons in this thread say that you never actually get to see Todd's mom, and there's a big chance that she's actually dead? She appears in the episode where Todd comes home for dinner with his girlfriend, although she does suffer an anxiety attack by the end of the episode, but it still counts.
-Why was Zach Braff the butler in the dream?
-What was the point of making Bojack's dad Secretariat as well? What purpose does that serve?

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Just watched the final episode, and I gotta say I think you goons were right, that episode was just an unnecessary finale. Pretty much everything got resolved in the episode before, though I guess it does provide closure on Bojack and all the side characters of the series. I was surprised when you find out that Bojack is doing a movie with Vance Waggoner & that Horny Unicorn is doing pretty well.

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

pixaal posted:

Well, he is a good boy

Wait, MPBJ is a good boy, or Bojack is a good boy?

Also, for everyone that says Todd is just a fun-loving guy that just keeps falling into ridiculous situations, he's still holding onto the things that Bojack had done to him, as seen in the episode where Bojack is writing out all the things that people have against him, Todd adds in a bunch of stuff that Bojack did to him personally, just in a different color so it really stands out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Wait, so are you saying that the animators of Bojack Horseman put in a super obscure visual gag based on a comedy skit that can basically be summed up as "Kristen Schaal is a horse!"?