Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OldTimeyProspector
May 29, 2010
I had seen this pop up in Netflix but overlooked it till this thread. I just wanted to say thank you, because I really enjoyed the show. There were some bits that didn't land, but it has a lot of really good material. For all the really stupid jokes (I kind of hate how many times I'd laugh at something way too hard while thinking what a dumb joke it was), it's got a lot of restraint, not taking gags or plotlines so far that they get tiresome. I was a bit worried that the "dark" half of the series everyone kept talking about would take all the energy out of the show with needless grimness, but they turned out to be nice extensions of the characters.

Also, why does everyone complain so much about the Spring Breakers bit? It was maybe 40 seconds long, and I didn't find it particularly egregious. If we're going to pick that episode apart then I want to complain about the stupid "Can't be responsible for my own breakfast" joke in the first episode. That one was sunk by that awful cut-away. They could have also played the jokes about Mr. Peanutbutter's movie a little less broad, but then most people here seemed to dislike the Hollywood showbiz angle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU