Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Maybe it's the background animal people doing animal things but this show really reminds me of Ugly Americans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

IRQ posted:

Also he was in that play about loving a horse, so its kind of a natural fit.

And he made all that money from that FX show about the talking dog.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Tempo 119 posted:

Do you think the Human Centipede in Bojack's world would be 5 centipedes stitched together like a human (one in the middle, 4 for the limbs), or is it just a humanoid centipede guy and the movie is really boring

It's actually like Tootsie, a bunch of centipedes gather together in a coat to make it in the pro-human world of 80s big business. It's how Princess Carolyn's ex got the idea.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

twistedmentat posted:

It wouldn't be seen as anything more weird that guys who will only go out with Asian women most likely.

Sounds like someone has fur fever.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Data Graham posted:

:thejoke: being that those are the same things.

It's more that they just seem that way to someone without first hand experience. An agent negotiates the contract and the manager ensures the contracts are followed through on both ends. Think of a manager as an overprotective helicopter parent.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
It's Bojack, the new month is obviously Heptember-C.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Ghost Leviathan posted:

PB isn't the type to get mean, he doesn't seem to know how. I'm picturing his breakdown more Sarah-Lynn style, PB copes with negativity by simply ignoring it and finding something new to be distracted by, often meaning he has poorly thought out knee-jerk solutions for problems because he just wants them to go away. Explains why he's been a doormat for his abusive ex-wives. Probably the losing himself in partying type.

A new party every episode and a new banner for every party.

“Look, just put something fun on the banner, I’m just doing this to avoid dealing with some stuff right now.”

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Because horses are the most suicidal and self-destructive farm animal?

Maybe that’s why we haven’t seen any anthropomorphized ants interacting with him.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

SEX BURRITO posted:

They were cool in the 90s, as was Bojack, so it’s probably a mix of nostalgia and being stuck in a style rut.

Is the jumper a nod to Cosby? The show must have premiered before the whole thing blew up.

There’s a lot of interesting little details in each character design. Plus lots of real life fashion influences which are fun to spot.

Wasn’t a sport coat and sneakers part of Seinfeld’s regular schtick in the 90s too? I could swear I remember a few episodes of people giving him poo poo for being in his 30s and wearing sneakers all the time.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

T-man posted:

Once I hid oatmeal in the sofa because I was afraid we were going to run out of money and afraid my brother-in-law would eat all our food.

My sister was not understanding.

Well you should have hid it before mixing in the hot water.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

twistedmentat posted:

I just don't remember Elvira having a dagger on her belt.

The dagger is a decent part of the costume, the joke is that the cleavage draws the male gaze and then confronts it with the dagger.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Lurdiak posted:

Last year we got it less than 2 weeks before it aired.

The trailer yeah, but they announced the release date in June of that year.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Actually, that sort of thing started with HBO. The fourth seasons of Oz and Sex and the City were split, and the final season of the Sopranos was split. After that, everyone else started doing it.

Oz was weird though, since that split season has 8 episodes per half and every other season had 8 episodes total.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Episode 15 it’s been a long time since I studied theater but I seem to remember a play with the heavy imagery of the bird stuck in the house being similar to a soul stuck in a dying body. The characters spend a chunk of the play making passive attempts to get it out and when they do a maid announces the death of the house’s patriarch. Does this trigger anything in anyone else? Given the show I’d imagine Ibsen or Strindberg?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Bojack says it himself in the episode, he sees Crackerjack as the ideal his mother always compared him to that he always fell short of. He’s, in Bojack’s mind, one of the very first reasons his mother doesn’t love him.