Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
I have watched the last three seasons again to prepare for season 4 and rewatching the trailer after s3's end is loving punching me in the gut.

Something cool I hope they do (trailer spoilers only): the usual show intro of Bojack moving around through his life is replaced with Diane doing the same, at least for an episode or two since I assume they'll do a Bojack-less episode for the season opening at the very least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

The Bee posted:

I'd want it to just be the same opening, but with absolutely no Bojack in it. Just a strange, sad montage of an abandoned apartment, while everyone else's lives carry on.
Ok I love that idea 100x more holy poo poo.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
We'll need to wait and see what happens, but I'd like to believe this season may have more hopefulness in it? Season 3's ending was Bojack taking a look at the vicious cycle in the moment that little girl said she wanted to be like him, and that's what made him throw everything away and escape. And this time he didn't go off to New Mexico to try and rekindle something with Charlotte he never had - he left to get away before his toxicity could hurt another person. And the sight of him just watching the horses run... I don't know. I'm not saying this season won't have misery created by the character's own actions, but I want to believe Bojack can get better.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Lurdiak posted:

No. Secretariat reading Bojack's letter on air and then hard cut to killing himself is the opener to episode 12 of season 1. Season 2 opens with us discovering Bojack never actually heard Secretariat's advice because his parents were fighting too loud.
I wonder if he ever heard it later in his life, with technology being the way it is. Could be a recording of it found its way online. Or maybe he never bothered to try seeing.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Some new clips of the upcoming season, featuring Mr. Peanutbutter and Todd + PC.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Friday at 3am EST/2am CST/1am MST/Midnight PST.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Arrested Development meets It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Review is a show that can take a while to really delve into the grit. Bojack S1 was kind of the same, up until you get to around episode 7, which was centered on Princess Carolyn, and then episode 8, which gives you a lot of background on Bojack's real life during the Horsin Around days.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
It's 4am and I basically watched this season in a day despite also doing a full day of work.

I agree with what others said about the non-Bojack storylines not being all that great. PC had my favorite aside from Bojack himself, but Diane+PB lost relevance once the governor race ended and Todd just floated around in a weird clown dentist subplot.

But the Bojack storyline was so loving fantastic that I could forgive all that. It was a great change of pace to have him interact with just two characters for the majority of the season, only bringing in the other mainstays to his life when most relevant. Episode 2 and 11's focus on Beatrice was fascinating too - I think they could have easily just written her off as an emotionally abusive mother that she was portrayed as in season 2 and in Bojack's perspective, but giving her empathy and showing what she endured contextualizes a lot.

I hope Hollyhock returns next season. Mostly because I want to see her and Bojack being a heinous sibling team together. Making her his half-sister was a great twist and honestly I love it this way far more than the "daughter he didn't realize he had" story they implied it to be.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

punk rebel ecks posted:

Why did people used to perform lobotomies? You'd think after the FIRST time someone turned into a zombie, they'd stop doing them.
Honestly the history of medicine in general is full of things that people today say "this poo poo was loving horrible, why would they ever do that?" Mental health especially. There's really no good explanation that can be given. In addition, Beatrice's mother was lobotomized just after WWII ended, which is when the procedure really became prevalent. So yes while it is a little cliched for it to happen, it makes a lot of sense with the timing historically + Bojack's grandfather being a general rear end in a top hat.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Oh, fish!

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Captain Lavender posted:

In 'Ruthie', they show Judah's profile with his full name, Judah Mannowdog. And I've long thought that Judah was some kind of animal that I'm just not recognizing or that they're trying to conceal. I saw this name, "Is he like a man transitioned into a dog?"

But no, Ju-dah man now, dog.
:vince:

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Yeah it's weird because at the end of season 3 when Katrina appeared, PB was immediately hostile to her. I was expecting some of that same resentment to pop up, but he was acting really cordial with her the whole way through.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Auto-Preorder right there.