Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm pretty sure the closer is his mom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Human Crouton posted:

The closer was just a way to get a therapist episode in without being as lazy as having a therapist episode. The Closer was voiced by Candice Bergen. Bojack's mother is voiced by Wende Malick.
don't destroy my dreams

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
if this series doesn't end with a "why the long face" joke I'm going to be so mad

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The only thing I hate about JK Rowling is the fact that she's terrible at actually showing LGBT stuff in her stories and has constantly made twitter posts about, x y z is actually gay/trans/pansexual because of reasons that aren't truly supported in the writing but let's ignore that because look at how progressive my stories are!!

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Can't believe Matt Groening had the loving audacity to capitalize on his art style in not just one spin off show, but another one. Can't fuckin believe it.

This is the hill I will die on!

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lurdiak posted:

Nobody gives Tim Burton poo poo about all his movies looking exactly the same.

to be honest though the end of the circus trilogy is apparently really good please go see it

(i'm talking about Dumbo and Devito here)

Phenotype posted:

You people are absolutely ridiculous. I'm not sure why saying it's "a little strange" gets this kind of defense. It is. It's a little strange.

You: "This is strange"
Everybody: "Nah not really, here's a bunch of different examples showcasing different things dude, it's okay!"
You: "Everybody else is idiots"

Like there's no reason to be this hostile but here you are.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FactsAreUseless posted:

The answer to 3 is yes.

The answer to all 3 is basically yes.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It also highlights why it's super important to have creators, writers, show-runners, producers, and all sorts of walks in life so that those point of views and experiences can be shared and understood

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Both characters have really healthy character arcs and their friendship ends up being stronger for it.

It's refreshing.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Man Netflix really hates Unions

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Android Blues posted:

I think you're thinking of Justin Roiland? Who...yeah.

He's the one who defends giving nazi's a platform yea?

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I think my favorite foreshadowing this season was in episode 2 with it's 42 minutes long and ends in the middle of a sentence

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iTMm7agE3M

Didn't see this posted.

Last end of the season is January 31st

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Episode 15 it’s been a long time since I studied theater but I seem to remember a play with the heavy imagery of the bird stuck in the house being similar to a soul stuck in a dying body. The characters spend a chunk of the play making passive attempts to get it out and when they do a maid announces the death of the house’s patriarch. Does this trigger anything in anyone else? Given the show I’d imagine Ibsen or Strindberg?

It's not a play thing originally. I'm sure there's a play there for you to reference, but a bird in the house is usually an omen in general. If it dies while in the house OR it's white I think it means death but I'd need to look it up

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Episode 15 stuff:

Everybody in that episode was eating their last meal with their last drink.

Zach Braff is a butler because he died by beating eaten alive and served other people so therefor in the weird hosed up landscape of a brain trying to cope with itself, he became the Butler

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

AceOfFlames posted:

Even better than the video itself is the RP discussion in the comments where people are discussing about whether or not it was fair to remove Bojack from the show vis a vis his interview. Pitch perfect imitation of the discourse

I went and tried to find this but stopped at this comment because nothing is going to top it and I won't be hearing arguments

quote:

Am I the catchphrase of a late child actress and pop star Sarah Lynn? Because that's too much man

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Daikloktos posted:

I would have appreciated the antidepressant storyline more if they left Dianne so brainfogged she had to come to terms with being unable to write anymore, but I guess there's the same irresponsibility arguments against going negative there as there is going implicitly positive on suicide. Maybe if they'd had more time to explore.

there's a real fear among the artistic crowd (graphic designers/music composers/designers in general) that antidepressants would take away their want to follow their craft which is a very toxic message. There are a ton of drugs out there and you have to find the one that is right for you but a lot of them choose to deal with their depression/anxiety/panic attacks instead of getting on medication because of that very toxic belief and the single fact that the show made it a point to showcase Diane struggling while on and off and having Guy say "you struggled to write it both on and off, maybe it's not what you want to write and you shouldn't use your medication as a scapegoat" was such a good loving thing

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Solice Kirsk posted:

The Neal McBeal episode is when I decided I loved the show.

it said a lot of things that needed to be said

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the best thing BSG did was catapult bear mccreary's career thank you

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I dont know posted:

Oh poo poo! I really didn't see this coming, but super happy it is.

I bet it's because you can't make live action shows due to covid-19 so Netflix is greenlighting whatever content it can still make including more animation.

it's not netflix though

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bust Rodd posted:

Rick & Morty is a very, very good show.

maybe it started as one but it's not now

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
yeah maybe i'm just tired of listening to chuds gaffaw about how great rick and morty is and that my issues with the show is because my feeble lady brain doesn't understand it and then unironically going around the "big iq" meme without ever saying it and not the fact that it's yet another "this person you are all cheering for and screaming is a golden god is a literal garbage human and the creators consistently go out of their way to showcase that they are horrible but each step just has more cheers erupt how can you just be so god drat brave"

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
gonna go fight somebody over 1990 era mcdonald sauces brb

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bust Rodd posted:

...why are you listening to CHUDs... at all?

because they are the loudest and the very much majority in a lot of gaming spheres and it's absolutely exhausting to deal with

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bust Rodd posted:

It’s very easy to avoid them by simply avoiding those garbage spaces in the first place.

For you maybe because I would like to use voice chat in games that have a slight need for it without immediately listening to the gamers fulfil toxic fantasies of telling me to suck their dick or going through the entire loop of "oh great we're going to lose because we've got a girl on the team" like I'm sorry I can't ignore those gamer chuds like you loving experts can apparently.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I don't play those two, try again.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Turn off voice chat if you aren't explicitly talking with friends or a regular group you interact with regularly. Rando chuds screaming obscenities are poo poo tier scrubs with nothing to offer and there is not a single game on the planet that is improved by unmuting them.

I already do this. And again I want to point out that this is a really dumb and bad band-aid for a very big problem but whatever, I don't want to engage with this conversation any longer so sure whatever you guys say.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Osmosisch posted:

Don't you see that all this is putting the burden on the person being harassed to have to adjust their behaviour? You might think you're helping here but you're extremely not.

"when I do x, I get harassed"
"oh stop doing x then even if you enjoy it"

you get used to this and after awhile it stops mattering if the "this never happens" comes from a CHUD or "just don't engage in it" comes from a left-leaning "ally"

I'm sorry I brought this up over the Pickle show.