Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

I am Reverend posted:

I'm super hype that it's going to get at least another season to develop even after the lovely reviews.
I think they must have known from the very beginning that this was not going to be loved by the masses. They made a fairly niche product, that has all of the pieces to form a bit of a cult following and gain some internet cred.

I really think Netflix is following the tomato sauce strategy of making lots of different kinds, so that everyone will be able to find something they like, rather than trying to make one tomato sauce that everybody will like (which, even if they did make such a thing, by internet law, it would be instantly classified as "poo poo" regardless of its actual quality, making the entire exercise futile).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

My thoughts on the season:

I liked how in Episode 11 that they did a fakeout of Sarah Lynn OD'ing first. I had been expecting her to die because they had been sort of telegraphing it, but then the fakeout made me think that they might have other plans and I ended up being slightly surprised when she did actually kick it.

Loved how the pasta strainers and Cabracadabra came together in the end to save the day. Felt sort of like a season-long episode of Seinfeld, where the loose threads magically come together.

I also liked how "Hollywoo" is so thoroughly embedded in the show now that they can use the "Hollywood" sign as a signifier that it's a flashback.

And did anyone else think that Captain Peanutbutter and the kids were dressed like the Berenstain Bears? It fits in with the Labrador Peninsula's innocent ideal of itself. But a google image search for "Captain Peanutbutter" is only giving me images of Cap'n Crunch, so I can't do a good comparison here at work.