Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Mahoning posted:

I feel like I shouldn't be laughing at all the animal jokes, but I do anyways. They're so dumb but so funny.

Navy SEAL has been my favorite joke of the entire series (I'm on episode 5)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Mira posted:

Holy hell, the Downer Ending episode with the drug hallucinations is so bleak. :saddowns:

I was laughing my rear end off at the gun shaped lighter...or lighter shaped gun . I will agree that ending was super bleak.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

...he hates Mondays?

and likes...lasagna?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

rotinaj posted:

(Aaron Paul's voicework was a standout role for the show, but I loved how on-point ALL the voicework was in it.)

What was great was that there was maybe one or two times that I could tell it was Aaron Paul. I was glad he didn't do "animated Jesse Pinkman". He made his voice sound totally different and I appreciated that.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Mahoning posted:

There seems to be quite a few references to other shows the cast is on. The Breaking Bad reference was already mentioned. The use of Peanuts characters is very Arrested Development, and Margot Martindale is on the show that Will Arnett is on on CBS right now.

What was the Breaking Bad reference?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
The Christmas Special was great. Very funny and I can't wait for season 2

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Pharmaskittle posted:

I still like the show itself, but I tried to watch a comedy special the guys did on Netflix and holy poo poo was it painful. I feel like they tried to isolate what makes Trailer Park Boys hilarious to translate it to a live show and incorrectly came away with "three men yelling 'gently caress' at each other a lot."

Season 8 was hilarious.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
YES. I can't wait!

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Episode 5 the chicken farm was horrific . On episode 8 and Ive really enjoyed everything so far. It feels different from Season 1 and In ok with that

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Episode 10 :smith:

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

"Victorkm" posted:

Episode 11 was the most brutal thing ever and never quite went the way I thought it would, until it suddenly did and everything got even worse.

Came here to post the same thing

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
My favorite animal joke was Todds worker bees

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
What's Updike?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I'm doing my rewatch of BoJack Horseman and loving a what a good show. I think for season 4 I might skip episode 11 and just go from 10 to 12 so I don't have to deal with the inevitable episode 11 mindfuck.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Is Bojacks office on the 2nd floor?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

anti-magic posted:

When you get an extravagant gift, especially one you do not feel you deserve (imagined or otherwise), it's very easy to get angry and blame the giver. I have been in that position before and your brain just flicks over to a defensive mode, perhaps realising that you could never adequately reciprocate what this gift means either emotionally or monetarily.

But that may be all brain problems (I am blissfully unaware of my own).

I know this is from like 6 pages back but Ya I remember vividly when I did this. In Winter of 2012 I had really bad money problems due to work not giving me hours. My friend and I had agreed to give each other gifts with a cap of $20 because it was all I could afford. My friend gave my wife and I a $100 gift card to us and I was so loving mad at him because it made me feel like poo poo. He said that I had helped him out a ton this year so it wasn't a big deal, but I still felt lovely about it.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

SEX BURRITO posted:

Oh god, a PC episode. I am too emotionally invested and just want her to be happy.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Just finished Free Churro, great season so far. Can't wait to finish it tomorrow!!

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Episode 7:

holy poo poo that ending was loving brutal as hell

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I can't wait to see the results of Birthday Dad.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
First episode was really good. I liked the flashbacks to a younger and younger Bojack drinking. I also almost threw up with the coax it from it's sheath line. It's amazing how a dumb series about a talking Horse who is a washed up actor continues to be one of the best shows on Netflix.

EDIT:

So sorry about broken spoiler tag!

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Episode 2: As a new parent Episode 2 hit me like a loving mack truck.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I have realized that Bojack is the only show I will never skip through the intro of.

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Just finished it. Won't spoil anything, but I liked it. Very well done, good character development, same mix of humor and dark reality.

Will there be 8 eps in the 2nd part of the season or just 4?

I'm assuming 8 because I don't think it would make sense to do 8 / 4 split when they could've just done a 6/6 split. I haven't finished the season yet so I'm not sure if there was a good splitting point at episode 6 or not.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Goddamn this show can be so loving brutal

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Episode 6 The earthworms rolling in the rain is a great gag.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Jason Sextro posted:

Man they are setting up for an explosive second half, and they did a phenomenal job on the build-up. I didn't recognize Pete Repeat at first, and then felt a rapidly expanding dread as that conversation continued. I always felt terrible for those kids.

drat you weren't kidding

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Waffleman_ posted:

I think attempting to have sex with a teenager is the big thing here. Being drunk and out of control is one thing, but, uh, statutory rape is probably a step too far.

I'm not defending Bojack here but Penny specifically says that 17 is the age of consent in New Mexico (I literally just rewatched the episode). Penny also wasn't drunk, so I'm confused as to why the situation with Penny would be considered statutory. Again I'm not defending Bojack or being a rape apologist, I'm just trying to see if there is something I'm missing.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I had totally forgotten about Ethan Around.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I love the opening this season

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I don't want to know details, just a Yes or No will suffice. Do we ever find out what the contents of Holyhocks Letter are?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Regalingualius posted:

No, but Bojack’s reaction should really say it all.

adaz posted:

No.

not unless the show creators tell us I guess.

Alright, thats what i figured!