Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

When it comes down to it, I really think Keith Olberman just really wants to be cool.

And it's kind of helping him get there, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp

Elysiume posted:

They're Canadian

But not with each other!

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp
Two episodes in and yeah it's loving great.

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp

Victorkm posted:

Aaaand done with the season. Holy gently caress that was so good, and I will be watching it again very soon.

Episode 11 was the most brutal thing ever and never quite went the way I thought it would, until it suddenly did and everything got even worse.

Edit: Also, I was too lazy to look it up or look in the credits, but was Rutabega John Ralphio?

Agreed with both the season being amazing and episode 11 in particular standing out.

Rutabaga was Ben "Benny Schwas" Schwartz, yeah.

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp

Victorkm posted:

From House of Pies?

I think you mean Pietown M.D.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp

In It For The Tank posted:

My two cents is that I think the theme for this season is that the story doesn't end where the characters hope it will. What I mean by that is that there is no happily ever after, rather it's a continual journey* and things can and will still go wrong because everything is just another step, with all the potential pitfalls that entails, and not a definite conclusion. Bojack thought that if he got the part of Secretariat, everything in his life would be fixed. Then, he thought that if he could reconnect with Charlotte, he would be happy. Diana thought going to Cordovia with Sebastian would help her feel fulfilled and purposed. Todd and Princess Carolyn roughly fall in line with their respective attempt to find new friends or love and respect. In every case, the characters get what they want but find it's not what they dreamed it would be and have to push through the despair and disappointment to keep going. In that sense, the macaque's little pep talk is totally congruent what we've see throughout the season.

* "The universe is a cruel, uncaring void. The key to being happy isn’t the search for meaning, it’s to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense and eventually, you’ll be dead."

I like this.