Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Captain Lavender posted:

In Ep 4 of this season, Katrina comes in to tell Mr. PB that he's up in the polls for the first time.

Mr PB says: Wow. Am I John Davidson, Cathy Lee Crosby, and Fran Tarkenton right now? Because that's --
Katrina interrupts: We don't have time for whatever dumb reference you were setting up.

Felt I had to look it up, and I found that those three hosted a show called "That's Incredible!" Thought I'd share - I had no idea who they were.

I love that this show has the balls to make viewers do homework to get punchlines to jokes, or just put things together in your own head. Probably the best example would be "albino rhino gyno wino" which I didn't even realize they had done it was so well executed (plus it subverted the sort of word play the show and PC in particular often uses)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

No. I could listen to him read me fancy menus all day.

I basically want a show that is just Will Arnett and Matt Berry reading weird poo poo to each other.

Lurdiak posted:

I cannot imagine anyone else delivering both the quiet humanity of Bojack's more vulnerable moments and lines like "Not one person in here offered me a Fiji water, AND I AM PARCHED FROM ALL THE YELLING I'VE BEEN DOING" better than Arnett. It's very obvious why he was the "dream casting" of the showrunners.

I mean, if you're casting someone privileged and unhappy who else do you even consider now?