Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
sometimes you know you wanna get down on some good gaming but nothing is really satisfying the itch. ever get in a gaming rut? how do you get out of it?

post about the summer game drought and being an unsatisfied person despite the 200+ games on your steam account itt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

thanks for helping out a fellow imp

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
you may have the sadbrains op

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

I get my game on.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I just make a pizza or something and the endorphins released upon consumption reinvigorate my gamin'

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
play an anime game so that everything else looks great as gently caress

avoid stockholm syndrome though

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

OP I've been making Sims in The Sims 4 Create A Sim Demo all day in preparation for the release of The Sims 4.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Wormskull posted:

OP I've been making Sims in The Sims 4 Create A Sim Demo all day in preparation for the release of The Sims 4.

Got any to share?

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Got any to share?

The Sims is a very personal, private experience for me, sorry.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
wormskull in honor of your audrey av (the best character) i will try watching twin peaks season 2 again

i got metro 2033 when it was new, finished it, and got in a serious rut that didn't end until revengeance. but god drat revengeance owned

i got a console for a hell of a deal and now i'm playing bayonetta and i dare say it may very well own.. more??

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

is metro 2033 a game everyone should play? i remember when it first came out i heard mixed opinions, but now everyone loves it

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

happy wheels

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
metro 2033 is cool as gently caress and definitely worth the playthrough, then possibly with ranger mode

i haven't played last light yet despite having it because i'm afraid it's going to be bad. i have season pass but not ranger mode somehow

edit: the hand powered guns are really really fun to use in the heat of battle

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012
metro is good but i'm more of a stalker kind of guy

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

AHungryRobot posted:

metro is good but i'm more of a stalker kind of guy

aside from being based on roadside picnic they're not even comparable

call of pripyat/metro 2033 are both goddamn amazing

metro really goes for more of a half life 2 style storytelling method except you get to explore cities and stuff happens, like the way you can get all your weapons stolen or just wandering around listening to people talk. instead of "cool a corridor of headcrab zombies" you get even more confused on the nature of the metro as the game goes along and that is a really really amazing thing

CoP's freeroam and interactions are nice, I had Tide early on and daaaaaaamn I love that gun so much. freedom 4 lyfe

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012
CoP's good but sometimes i miss SoC's environments. i dreaded going into X-18 every time.

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

i played the pt thing and it was neat until the end just got riddick.

sweet hardwood floor 8.5/10

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

Doctor Goat posted:

metro really goes for more of a half life 2 style storytelling method except you get to explore cities and stuff happens, like the way you can get all your weapons stolen or just wandering around listening to people talk. instead of "cool a corridor of headcrab zombies" you get even more confused on the nature of the metro as the game goes along and that is a really really amazing thing

drat I like the sounds of this. are you sure you arent a salesman? this is the second time youve sold me on a game

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

should I wait for the 'redux' version coming out? comes out in 3 days.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
take it from me, a man called video games, metro is excellent

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012
you have a kirby avatar which is all i need to know that you have good tastes

RichardGamingo
Mar 3, 2014
I know it's dumb to sign my posts, but I can't stop no matter how many times I'm told, because I'm really stupid and I want to make sure that shines through in everything I do and say, forever.

Best Regards,
RG
Roll around in dog poo poo for a week straight, come back and gaming is good again

Best Regards,
RG

Dec 26, 2012

RichardGamingo posted:

Roll around in dog poo poo for a week straight
             /

Mom with a blog
Jul 15, 2009

Comedy is basically self-deprecation.

Looke posted:

happy wheels

i legit enjoy that game

what does that say about me?

liquid courage
Aug 12, 2011

LaTex Fetish posted:

well, seeing as they're adding a few new game modes and updating the games to their current engine, i'd say it probably isn't necessary. you just missed a franchise sale on steam, tho. also, to the guy who is holding off on playing last light, just go ahead and play it. it's pretty much an improvement over the first game in every way.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
I find a way to rut in all of my games. Even if it's just repeatedly crouching over a corpse while I explore myself.

metricchip
Jul 16, 2014

You just need to increase your daily intake of Nacho Cheese Doritos and Mountain Dew.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

RichardGamingo posted:

Roll around in dog poo poo for a week straight, come back and gaming is good again

Best Regards,
RG

lmao

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

LaTex Fetish posted:

drat I like the sounds of this. are you sure you arent a salesman? this is the second time youve sold me on a game

i get really enthusiastic if i like a game enough :blush:

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

I thought this was another thread about games journalists rutting and I am pleasantly surprised to find that it is not

Thanks OP

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

i bought metro 2033 last night and am currently playing it. really enjoying it so far, thanks for the recommendation

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

LaTex Fetish posted:

i bought metro 2033 last night and am currently playing it. really enjoying it so far, thanks for the recommendation

i am very glad. i knew you would enjoy it

Abandon
Nov 23, 2006
can't be bothered to play elder scrolls online any more. although it's what i've spent most of the w/end doing so it makes sense really
my housemate seems to be still going strong though, hes playing snes games on an emulator.

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k
Realtalk: kind of sounds like you have depression, OP

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

Contra Calculus posted:

Realtalk: kind of sounds like you have depression, OP

thinking more that my extreme laziness has finally encompassed gaming as well.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

LaTex Fetish posted:

its not really a big deal. the redux version of last light adds basically nothing and the redux version of 2033 improves the graphics somewhat while removing some cool environmental effects.

anyway i really like 2033 and last light. theyre good games

edit: drat u already bought them

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Getting out of a gaming rut is easy if you have bomberman

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k

Dongslayer. posted:

thinking more that my extreme laziness has finally encompassed gaming as well.
Yeah, that definitely sounds like depression then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Sometimes I find that I have a hard time picking out a game to play. I probably have about 300+ games across both Steam and Gog, I think it's a matter of too much to chose from. Uninstalling most of them seems to help with my gaming ruts. I'd say pick 3-5 games and focus on them. If you aren't have fun with one of them, uninstall it and move on to the next.

• Locked thread