Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chelovek-Govno
Aug 11, 2014

Zamorozhenaia Zhopa
Video games are the mediocrity of the white male writ large.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k
I got a semi erection in a semi truck from reading this semi ironic thread with a semi automatic aimed at my head

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
It is the thought of being caged that triggers us to fight.

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte

Blister posted:

Speedrunning is worse than Let's Plays in general, autists think too highly of memorization and the repetition of motions.

qnqnx posted:

The world has become a super hosed up place for this to be an unpopular opinion

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

guys guys stop fighting, we all love to post about video games, it should be the common thread that binds us together

video games are great in that they can bring together people from all different walks of life, you bring two DSes and give one to a homeless guy for some co-op gaming fun and he'll prpbably stab you and run off with both, maybe that wasnt the best example

my point is that we are all connoisseurs of the fine electronic artistic works called video games

Lt. Dans Legs
Jul 3, 2008
i hate the videogames you like

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

MineCraft is awesome, OP.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
that is an unpopular video gaming opinion, friend

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

AE-35 Unit posted:

my point is that we are all connoisseurs of the fine electronic artistic works called video games

games aren't art

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The Sims is a game for more people than just women in there 30s, lonely lower middle class men, and the mentally ill.

liquid courage
Aug 12, 2011

saint's row is dumb.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

liquid courage posted:

saint's row is dumb.

*shoots you in the balls and shoots or kicks your head off*

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
LoL is better than Dota

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
mobas are good games that are fun to play and watch

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Fellis posted:

mobas are good games that are fun to play and watch

goddamn my head is about to explode with fury at this statement godamn i am so loving furious at the idea of MOBAS and their popularirty godddddd

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Video Viddy Games posted:

goddamn my head is about to explode with fury at this statement godamn i am so loving furious at the idea of MOBAS and their popularirty godddddd

Take a chill pill matey.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

I'd rather watch a competitive Natural Selection 2 game than a CSGO or a MOBA game

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Wormskull posted:

Take a chill pill matey.

i cant, i am furious and so irate that i am becoming an angry video game nerd

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Bolow posted:

I'd rather watch a competitive Natural Selection 2 game than a CSGO or a MOBA game

CSGO is a better watch IMO.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Final fantasy 9 was leaps and bounds better than 7

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial

AE-35 Unit posted:

guys guys stop fighting, we all love to post about video games, it should be the common thread that binds us together

video games are great in that they can bring together people from all different walks of life, you bring two DSes and give one to a homeless guy for some co-op gaming fun and he'll prpbably stab you and run off with both, maybe that wasnt the best example

Did you even read the thread title.

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

The Taint Reaper posted:

games aren't art

what the gently caress, you take that back rear end in a top hat

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Most modern games (post-2007) are basically just remakes of old Apogee shareware games. Bioshock Infinite, specifically, shares most of its plot with Cosmo's Cosmic Adventure.

red plastic cup
Apr 25, 2012

Reach WITH IN To your LOCAL cup and you may find A Friend And Boy...
pajama sam

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Wormskull posted:

CSGO is a better watch IMO.

I'm going to disrespectfully disagree with your subjective assessment

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Playing Katamari is a lovely way to spend a rainy afternoon :)

Cobweb Heart
Mar 31, 2010

I need you to wear this. I need you to wear this all the time. It's office policy.
I haven't even considered buying a game since I entered my late teenage years and realized games are simply not designed with the same level of abstraction, mystery, and personality that older ones possess. I like playin the new smash brothers games with pals if they have it, multiplayer doesn't need to be visually/artistically engaging, but that's it

I can't even understand why people enjoy playing games on recent consoles because every last one is just a big blob of ugly loving try-hard poo poo. everything HAS to use fancy graphics technology and it drains all of the character right out. idk when people decided it wasn't important to make simple and memorable character designs, everything and everybody looks the same, every stupid loving white dude with brown hair wearing a featureless brown and grey robot suit. ooOOOoooo watch dogs didn't look quite as photorealistic as its trailer did,, guess ill have to *go outside* to see a boring rear end city full of boring rear end people!!!

and games that try to be "retro" and use lovely-rear end faux pixel art with or without bells and whistles are even loving worse

if it's not like Space Funeral where the artist clearly cares more about getting the basic idea of a representation down than making it look "nice", I'm not even going to pretend to be interested

Cobweb Heart
Mar 31, 2010

I need you to wear this. I need you to wear this all the time. It's office policy.
99% of games are WORTHLESS loving GARBAGE, like 100% of the people who play them

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Gaming journalism is in a better place now than it has ever been before :)

Cobweb Heart
Mar 31, 2010

No Such Thing posted:

Playing Katamari is a lovely way to spend a rainy afternoon :)

gently caress you, scum.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I look up to Ben kuchera and Arthur gies as true bastions of the video games industry.

BigLeafyTree
Oct 21, 2010

Cobweb Heart posted:

I haven't even considered buying a game since I entered my late teenage years and realized games are simply not designed with the same level of abstraction, mystery, and personality that older ones possess. I like playin the new smash brothers games with pals if they have it, multiplayer doesn't need to be visually/artistically engaging, but that's it

I can't even understand why people enjoy playing games on recent consoles because every last one is just a big blob of ugly loving try-hard poo poo. everything HAS to use fancy graphics technology and it drains all of the character right out. idk when people decided it wasn't important to make simple and memorable character designs, everything and everybody looks the same, every stupid loving white dude with brown hair wearing a featureless brown and grey robot suit. ooOOOoooo watch dogs didn't look quite as photorealistic as its trailer did,, guess ill have to *go outside* to see a boring rear end city full of boring rear end people!!!

and games that try to be "retro" and use lovely-rear end faux pixel art with or without bells and whistles are even loving worse

if it's not like Space Funeral where the artist clearly cares more about getting the basic idea of a representation down than making it look "nice", I'm not even going to pretend to be interested

"back in my day something something something us older, more mature and nuanced gamers blah blah blah I'm fuckin old."

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k

Cobweb Heart posted:

99% of games are WORTHLESS loving GARBAGE, like 100% of the people who play them

wow you seem pretty hostile to games and gamers :smith:

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

The RTCW version of enemy territory was the pinnacle of online shooters

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial

Contra Calculus posted:

wow you seem pretty hostile to games and gamers :smith:

you are not cut out for the flame war thread. You better leave now.... these boys are hungry!! *Get Out dog and frog are jumpin and barkin at the end of their leashes like crazy*

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

conker was the worst character in diddy kong racing

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
PC gaming is pretty neat and I would rather game on a PC than on something fun.

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

PC gaming is pretty neat and I would rather game on a PC than on something fun.

yeah, but this isn't controversial or unpopular. its simply the correct way of gaming

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Many casual, easy games are actually better and more fun than "hardcore" games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Benny D posted:

The RTCW version of enemy territory was the pinnacle of online shooters

that's a hosed up way of spelling QWTF

• Locked thread