Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
Huh, just noticed this. It seems like GUST is getting better at the faux-2D look. Also is Solle a man or a woman?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Eh, it happens. The Atelier games are kind of slow-paced so it's hard to get full enough conversation going.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Sylphid posted:

Well, it's not so much I'm worried about that, as the thread becoming downright unreadable because there's so many updates on a single page. Anyone who remembers my Arland thread will know exactly what I'm talking about, like that time I had to edit out an entire update temporarily because there was like 6 updates on one page.

Yes, but that's still related to how much discussion is on a page.

I'm helping!

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Looking back over things, how tall exactly is Linca? In the previous update she looked to be shorter than Logy and maybe even Escha, but I thought she was fairly tall.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Sylphid posted:

The numbers I've been able to find are Linca standing at 160cm, Logy at 173, and Escha at 158. So, she's tall, but not especially so. Interesting you could pick up on that via the in-game models.

In-game models should be proportionate to the characters' sizes.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Maybe they're malnourished. This is supposed to be post-apocalyptic isn't it?

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

There's been a big deal about declining agriculture in both games though right?

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Wrong company, the US publisher is Tecmo Koei (NISA for the older ones).

As for the PS4, despite it's worldwide success, it's not being bought terribly fast in Japan, so it seems unlikely.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

GUST puts all their romance stuff into the Ar-series games, which can be as sappy/anime/etc as they want.

Ar Nosurge seems to alternate cool and :japan: elements pretty strongly.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

I'm fine with things as they are I suppose, although maybe a little more about the battles would be nice.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Tarezax posted:

In any case, Gust really likes their post-apocalyptic revival settings.

Judging by Ar Nosurge, it's become their go-to setting.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

The burn marks are on his arm, so I'm guessing it's getting caught without his long-sleeved shirt.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Hasn't the Atelier series always had a large female audience?

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Nice to have Linca again.

Also, Sylphid, since I don't see you on Skype much, I'll let you know that I've started my Xillia LP if you haven't seen it.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

This seems better than Ayesha in just about every way. Return of Mana Khemia combat!

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

I think this is the same thing as that thing that happened in Ayesha. That there are many Lincas.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

So will Central's Team try again in a year, only to find you standing on a giant pile of loot marked "Formerly Unexplored Ruins"?

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Lands of Oblivion? I wonder if in the past the world was somehow used up by Alchemy.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

The same company did a great job for the ending images for Mana Khemia too :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Mraagvpeine posted:

I'll be looking forward to the Atelier Shallie LP. I wonder if there will be LPs for the rest of the localized Atelier games (Atelier Iris 3, Mana Khemia 2, and Atelier Annie).

I kind of want to see an Annie LP just so I don't feel like I should play it again.

• Locked thread