Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lothire
Jan 27, 2007

Rx Suicide emailed me and all I got was this amazingly awesome forum account.

Tortured By Flan

Hager [Info/Quicklook]
HP: 13/13 (1HD) | AC: 14 | Rages: 1(2)

Initiative: 1#1d20+2 22

edit:

Seated near the front of the caravan, Hager watches the event unfold. When the Kobolds spill out after the people, Hager smirks, "Bet you didn't see this coming, Dragon." The voice in his mind is strangely quiet at the comment.

Leaping from the caravan, his well-sized Greatsword draws out of its scabbard while making a mad dash at the Kobolds, blowing past the woman with nary a thought. A grin takes his face as his muscles tighten. The earlier agitations mount upon him now, spurring him into a focused rage, his gaze locked onto the scaley hides of the Kobolds with all other thoughts and considerations pushed from his mind. With one wide swing one Kobold is felled, threatening another.

Attacking: 1#1d20+5 15

Rage engaged. 15 probably hits. Minimum damage (2d6+3+2rage) is 7, which probably kills. GWF grants bonus attack on nearby Kobold..

Bonus Attack: 1#1d20+5 11

Which probably missed, but I don't get anyways as Rage is a bonus action. Rage grants: advantage on STR checks and saves, +2 damage, Resistance to slash/bludgeoning/piercing damage.

Lothire fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Aug 25, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lothire
Jan 27, 2007

Tortured By Flan

Hager [Info/Quicklook]
HP: 13/13 (1HD) | AC: 14 | Rages: 1(2)

There is but one active thought in his mind, a thought he struggles to maintain when the rage takes over. Focus. This powerful rage is not his own, but something gained when the Dragon chose to merge into the brother's very beings. If this thought wavers, his focus breaks and the rage of a dragon floods in. A terrible scene he works hard to prevent.

The death of the woman and caravan driver are well beyond his sight, too busy struggling to stay afloat in a sea of aggression. As a kobold climbs his back and tries to do harm, Hager snatches it by the neck and throws it harshly to the ground, but the wily creature rolls away unharmed.

Attacking: 1#1d20+5 9

Missed.

Lothire
Jan 27, 2007

Tortured By Flan

Hager [Info/Quicklook]
HP: 11/13 (1HD) | AC: 14 | Rages: 1(2)

Had he been of more rational mind, he would have likely thanked the Druid for her well placed rock, or cared about the new cuts in his body. Sadly right now math isn't one of his strong suits, nor are feelings. Instead a thing with scales was still moving and that was simply unacceptable.

Attacking: 1#1d20+5 25
you know I'm rolling because how many times does a guy get to crit you know?
Damage: 1#4d6+5 17

The Kobold screams mean nothing to Hager, even if he knew the language. With one arm he grabs hold of the creatures neck before it can dodge, and squeezes with traumatic ferocity while bringing his weapon high in the other. Before his arm can fall, that which has never happened before now erupts in his mind. Clear and dominating, overriding the rage that had been his fuel and barrier from the Dragon's voice since the start of the fight.

The words of the Dragon erupt, then fade in an echo, but his mind does not resume its rage. His grin slips away as his face twists into one of overwhelming fear. His voice cracks and wavers, primal sounds escaping his mouth. His focus gone, but rather than rampaging as he had done in the past, the man uses the pummel of his large blade and smashes relentlessly into the kobolds long-ago mashed face.

He cannot stop.

Lothire
Jan 27, 2007

Tortured By Flan

Hager [Info/Quicklook]

It's hard to say if it was Jared's voice or the Dragon's that pierces his mind and resets his senses. Like waking from a nightmare, it takes him some time before he realizes his hand holds onto a very, very dead Kobold. Tossing it aside, he stands while shaking off a layer or two of confusion and sheathing his sword. He doesn't well grasp the situation, not until he shares a glance with his brother. Jared knows his thoughts - stable and once more his own, save for the question rolling in his mind, "What did the dragon mean? Who the hell is Lennithon?" If the Dragon is listening, perhaps he will respond, but its attitude seems to have changed from rambling to ponderous and less chatty.

The others seem to have the situation well in hand, thankful for him and his brother to have been coupled with strong-hearted companions. He remembers charging past the woman, hoping to stave off the Kobolds himself. His failure is evident now, a weight he is not unfamiliar with. At least she died on her feet.

The hide around his left shoulder is torn, small trickle of blood. A minor irritation is all. When Ander lays out a strategy and Zedekiah approves, Hager raises a fist. "Hear hear. Let me carry the wounded man, he's in no condition to move." Instinct causes him to flex his raised arm, but his muscles are strangely less bulky than they were moments ago in the fight. More in line with a well trained soldier or labor-man now.

Lothire
Jan 27, 2007

Tortured By Flan

Hager [Info/Quicklook]

Fear save: 1#1d20+1 13

The roar of the beast causes Hager to turn to the sky with mouth agape. At the same time that the name rings in all their minds, his legs become locked in place. "D-drat.. That's a big bastard."

Zedekiah's speech doesn't help much. For whatever reason his legs are not moving and don't for some time. Resorting to punching himself in the thighs finally gets them moving again (after the requisite time has passed of course). He turns his attention to his brother, who looks to be recovering from similar shock.

Lightly bumping his shoulder into Jared, "'Ay. You with me? Things are getting real lively around here." When Jared confirms, Hager moves to take up his part in the strategy.

Will acquire a pair of clothes as per the plan and carry the man, waiting for the rest to lead on.

Lothire
Jan 27, 2007

Tortured By Flan

Hager [Info/Quicklook]

Hager carries the man well in paggyback fashion. He feels much better since the incident at the gate, but the man probably does not feel the same after witnessing his momentary lapse of sanity. It still surprises him that the Dragon's voice pierced through his focused rage, and the blue dragon flying about in the sky just out of sight is also a concern.

When the group comes across the burning Inn, Hager assumes their disguise is working, for the two cultists seem entirely uninterested in the group. Then again, they may not have noticed them yet.

Crouching low he lets the man rest on the ground. "I like how you think. Can't promise much on the quiet side, but if these clothes do their job then that won't matter so much."

Not sure what roll is appropriate for this. I think we want to gain surprise, so probably stealth? Deception because of the clothes, or maybe just a bonus to the stealth roll to approach?

Lothire
Jan 27, 2007

Tortured By Flan

Hager [Info/Quicklook]

Stealth / Initative: 2#1d20+2 3 / 4
If I read the deaths correctly, cultists are dead and I go before the remaining Kobold 3.

Having to put the man down slowed him too much, or maybe it's just his companions are simply too fast. By now the Cultists have noticed their ruse, though the damage has already been done. Grabbing his sword and charging forward to the last remaining Kobold, Hager yells loudly, "Hey! Save one for meeee!"

Moving to K7, 30 feet.
Attacking Kobold 3: 1#1d20+5 18
Minimum 5 damage.

An upwards swipe of his blade carves a bloody gash out of the Kobold from stomach to shoulder.

Lothire fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Aug 27, 2014

Lothire
Jan 27, 2007

Tortured By Flan

Hager [Info/Quicklook]

Hager appreciates how well the group handled the situation, basking in the aftermath of a swift brawl. It isn't until the drunkards with bottles in hand spill out from the door that he realizes what the building even is.

"A tavern!" He shouts with elation. As a drunkard comes to thank him, he swipes the bottle of whiskey from his hand, "Think nothing of it, my friend!", quaffing the bottle near empty. With an exacerbated exhale, "Ahh, nice bite! Is that a tinge of honey?" Shouting across the way, "Jared, you gotta try this!.." It takes him a few moments of swinging the bottle in the air to realize it is essentially empty. "Ah.. Nevermind!" He returns the bottle to the puzzled drunkard with a smile, letting Zedekiah bring them up to speed.

Before he can hoist the injured man from the floor once more, the Dragon in his mind berates him for his consumption of booze. [Mind Dragon: "Even in a city burning in flames, enemies around any corner, civilians to think of and Lennithon flying about overhead, you still find time to drink. You give drunkards a bad name."]

"It was barely a few mouthfuls, and I don't judge YOU for being an egotistical prick!" The injured man is no doubt startled by the comment. Hager looks to him as he lifts him onto his back. "Sorry, not you. I was talking to the Dragon in my head."

e: I'll vote for the straight-to-the-keep path, putting faith in our disguises.

Lothire fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Aug 27, 2014

Lothire
Jan 27, 2007

Tortured By Flan

Hager [Info/Quicklook]

"Gods, a stream is gonna stink up my hide boots :woop:somethin' awful:woop:. But, I'm not eager to get into a scuffle with our less trained friends here and this guy on my back. If you can find the path, I'll be right behind."

Lothire
Jan 27, 2007

Tortured By Flan

Hager [Info/Quicklook]

"I'll take the rear, behind the rest. Me and my pal here will be slowing everyone down otherwise in this tight space. If anything creeps up on us, I get the glory of punching it in the schnoz."

Hager has the man on his back latch his hooded lantern off his bag and onto his belt, then lighting it with his tinder box.

Lothire
Jan 27, 2007

Tortured By Flan

Hager [Info/Quicklook]

".. And so it turns out bear intestines can be used for a lot of things, but apparently that was not one of them.. Hey, are we stopped? What's going on up there?"

Lothire
Jan 27, 2007

Tortured By Flan

Hager [Info/Quicklook]

Attempting to regain order through Intimidation.
Intimidation: 1#1d20+2 12

"Hey louts! Stop pushin'! Or me and my brother be nockin' ya' silly heads! Get that man back on his feet!"

Hager is willing to work with Jager and walk the civies backwards, calmly, through the tunnel so long as it helps maintain order until the rat crisis is over.

Lothire
Jan 27, 2007

Tortured By Flan

Hager [Info/Quicklook]

"What?! A lich with a rack is tired?! Now's not the time to appreciate sweaty breasts! Kill it and calm these people down! Gods it smells like burning rats down here!"

It takes all he and his brother have to keep the crowd from stomping on each other, but the group is making progress backwards somewhat.

Lothire
Jan 27, 2007

Tortured By Flan

Hager [Info/Quicklook]

"Can't say I ever undressed in a sewer before." His earlier yelling had helped keep the folk under control somewhat, but it did a number on his vocal cords. He'd learn the trick of using your gut to shout from under the metaphorical lash of many labor managers, always pushing harder for more logs or faster tilling. Not much different from the instructors in the militia, really.

Lothire
Jan 27, 2007

Tortured By Flan

Hager [Info/Quicklook]

Hager shakes the hand of Cuth, the man who he had carried so far. "You be sure to take care of those kids, yourself too while you're at it. Do your old lady justice, be proud."

He'll miss the man. They grew close having piggybacked this whole distance. He turns to his brother. "You'd carry me if'n I ever got done in a bad way like him, ya'?" Course he would, but Hager likes to hear the words. Or the mind words. Whichever.

Later, at the castle courtyard, Hager tries to mind his manners as the others make with the social etiquette with the dwarf. Nice beard, he thinks to himself. Could use a bit less knots. Wonder if he has any booze laying around? Maybe he can grab a bow and start shooting cultists below.. He can hear the Dragon in his mind's discontent murmurs at this idle thoughts, particularly enjoying this quieter version of the Dragon.

Lothire
Jan 27, 2007

Tortured By Flan

Hager [Info/Quicklook]

Hager isn't as possessed as Jared, but the compulsion to fight is clear and strong. Fear for his brother imposes his will and overrides the Dragon's, causing Hager to move into Jared after his attack and push both of them behind solid cover.

No decent range attack, gonna keep the bro safe!

Lothire
Jan 27, 2007

Tortured By Flan

Hager [Info/Quicklook]

The lightning blast curves around the brother's cover, interacting with the cackling energy that flickered off Jared's body. Hager's hair from body to head are singed by the combination during the brief flash.

Quickly he moves out of the cover to find the guardsmen scrambling to their feet. Hager rolls forward, grabbing one of the bows and an arrow off a dead guardsman and aims at the distant dragon.. But does not fire. It's too far now. "drat dragons."

While the others assess the situation, Hager helps the remaining guards back to their feet and checks on his brother.

Hager will keep the bow and a quiver of arrows if nothing stops him.

Lothire
Jan 27, 2007

Tortured By Flan

Hager [Info/Quicklook]

It's rare to see Jared worked up in any sense, he's always been mindful and in control. This is different of course, he can feel the drive of the Dragon in him too, but time spent with the rage has given him practice in focusing his will. His brother has not had such experiences. With Lennithon making distance, the drive of the Dragon lessens. Hager keeps a concerning eye to his brother, knowing there is little he could do to help.

Although he adds little to the conversation, by now most of the group would imagine Hager to be supportive of either decision to help the Temple or Mill.

Lothire
Jan 27, 2007

Tortured By Flan

Hager [Info/Quicklook]

"You three are of right mind. Give that large mob another pass, then we rush into the smoke and bust some heads. Worse comes, we haul carcass into the woods before the mob comes back about."

Lothire
Jan 27, 2007

Tortured By Flan

Hager [Info/Quicklook]

Stealth / Initative: 2#1d20+2 13 / 7

Surprise round, attack vs human cultist. It may take some movement on your part to put Hager where he can get his bonus attacks seeing as some kobolds/cultists are dead but not reflected on map. Assuming there are even enough targets alive by the start of the turn proper.
Attacking / Advantage: 2#1d20+5 14 22(Using this roll for follow up bonus GWF attack against Kobold, need DM approval! Roll for me if denied.)
Damage Cultist: 1#2d6+3 11
Damage Kobold: 1#2d6+3 12

Stealth isn't quite the word for it, but Hager certainly surprises a Cultist as he charges into the smoke. Like a linebacker he bulldozes into a Cultist and puts his whole body into crushing the man against the temple and knocking the wind out of 'em. He draws on his greatsword ready to finish the downed man, but just barely manages to recall Janelle's desire to capture one alive for questioning. A strike of his fist knocks the cultist fully out. Before a nearby Kobold can react, Hager slashes with his sword in one fluid motion, ending it quickly.

Normal round, attack vs Kobolds.
Attacking; GWF if applicable: 2#1d20+5 20 / 20
Minimum damage is 5

Carrying his momentum sees his blade flash into the remaining group of Kobolds, only now mustering a defense against the group. Steel slices through scales, leaving two more Kobolds dead.

Lothire fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Sep 1, 2014

Lothire
Jan 27, 2007

Tortured By Flan

Hager [Info/Quicklook]

Janelle's lighter frame gives her strong footing off Hager's shoulders, despite him being used unaware. Complaints could wait, her motion for silence a reminder they had only a few moments before the roaming gang would make their way to them.

Hager props the unconscious cultist among the other dead group mates. With any luck, they'll mistake him as another dead body, possibly to be retrieved by them later. Whipping around the corner with the others, he prepares to engage the next group.

Lothire
Jan 27, 2007

Tortured By Flan
Stealth / Initative: 2#1d20+2 3 6

My luck ran out! Dead last.

Lothire
Jan 27, 2007

Tortured By Flan

Hager [Info/Quicklook]

Attacking / GWF if applicable: 2#1d20+5 21*Hit Kobold* / 18*Hit Cultist*
Damage: 1#2d6+3 5
Moving to O-35. Attacking Kobold for non-rolled minimum damage, GWF on Cultist for a rolled minimum damage.

Hager's slow response cost them a man. "Ander's down!", he yells to his brother on the roof.

The Cultist's wild swing has no hope of connecting against Hager, but it does let him parry the man away while moving past him towards the Kobold behind. Using his impressive strength, he grabs hold and hurls the Kobold up and into the chest of the other man - as the two struggle to regain balance, Hager runs them through. The blade skewers the Kobold fully, but only partially pierces the Cultist.

Lothire
Jan 27, 2007

Tortured By Flan

Hager [Info/Quicklook]
HP: 3/13 (1HD) | AC: 14 | Rages: 1(2)

Attacking / GWF if applicable: 2#1d20+5 25 19
Crit Damage: 1#4d6+3 17
Damage: 1#2d6+3 9

If we can swap the rolls, I'd like to use the non-crit roll against the kobold, move left a square and crit-hit the scimitar man. It doesn't matter mechanically due to damage dealt, but I'd like to know for future considerations.

Hager shouts loudly as daggers slip through his hide armor and cut him up deep. His rage manages to slip out for in response, causing his fist to come crashing down on a Kobold's face, driving it straight into the ground with a sickening crush. This aggression carries over as he swiftly advances on the scimitar user, bringing his blade over head into the figure. He wrestles with himself a brief moment, making sure he doesn't lose it. At least, not yet.

Lothire
Jan 27, 2007

Tortured By Flan

Hager [Info/Quicklook]

With his head back on straight, Hager slams himself against the wall of the temple, ready to climb. Hager's good with climbing trees as part of his past professions - given, with the right equipment - but a wall was a different matter. Still, plenty of grips see him a clear path to the top.

With Dash givin me 60ft to use, moving to P33, Up the wall, move over a few squares to Q30. Think that covers it.

Lothire
Jan 27, 2007

Tortured By Flan

Hager [Info/Quicklook]

Hager plops himself not far from Jared, tired from the conflict. When the cultists retreat into the distance and leave the group to themselves, he smiles. "Hah! Not quite how I saw this going, but I'm not one to complain with results."

The wounded Barbarian moves to the southern end of the roof, looking down into the smoke but not seeing much. With the coast (apparently) clear, he climbs down into the smoke and finds the man he knocked out still there. He can't help but be pleased with himself.

"Looks like we get to keep our present after all." Hoisting the body over his shoulder, he lets the others handle getting those in the temple out while staying near his brother.

Lothire fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Sep 4, 2014

Lothire
Jan 27, 2007

Tortured By Flan

Hager [Info/Quicklook]
HP: 21/21 (0/2HD) | AC: 14 | Rages: 1(2) | 20 Arrows

Hit Dice: 1#1d12+1 3
Hit Dice: 1#1d12+1 7

Hager's already well used hide armor is beginning to look like rags. Many of the soldiers seem to be enjoying better armors, and it gets him to thinkin'.

Finding the castellan during the groups break, he inquires about obtaining some armor of his own. "The kind of pay an ol' logger like me doesn't give much option for equipment. This armors somethin' made a long time ago, saved me more times than I care to mention. Startin' to show its age though, I can't keep it maintained much longer. I see your soldiers enjoy better stuff, maybe you have a simple chain shirt or scalemail I can take off your hands.."

Lothire
Jan 27, 2007

Tortured By Flan

Hager [Info/Quicklook]
HP: 21/21 (0/2HD) | AC: 16 | Rages: 1(2) | 20 Arrows

Reveling in his new Scalemail puts Hager in one hell of a positive mood. He barely seem effected by the strange creature bellowing his word in the distance. Pounding his fist into his other hand, a smile takes his face; "That's one ugly Orc. It'll be even uglier once we're done with it!"

Lothire
Jan 27, 2007

Tortured By Flan

Hager [Info/Quicklook]

"A half-dragon with bad breath can't make for too good an armor there, Zedekiah. Then again, it's skull might make for a half-way decent codpiece. Course, it'd need to be a little bigger!"

Hager is clearly not above laughing at his own joke.

Lothire
Jan 27, 2007

Tortured By Flan

Hager [Info/Quicklook]

Hager puts a palm over his face as Ander goes down. That glowing bit was a good trick, but they underestimated the dragon-man. Losses happen, and the paladin still lives to fight another day despite the blow. If he can keep his pride together, something tells him round two is inevitable.

"At times like this, there's only one course of action to follow. Drinking! Ought to be a thankful civilian around here somewhere to help get a good buzz goin'." He seems entirely uninterested in the investigation of the remaining captives.

Lothire
Jan 27, 2007

Tortured By Flan

Hager [Info/Quicklook]
HP: 21/21 (2/2HD) | AC: 16 | Rages: 2(2) | 20 Arrows

Stumbling out alone from the burnt-over Inn, Hager finally remakes an appearance. Disheveled hair and groggy demeanor are obvious indications of having successfully done what he proposed to do the night prior. Finding Jared and Ander among the group as they speak with the dwarf, Hager hangs himself weakly upon their shoulders and, despite a pathetic example of exhaustion, manages to look rather happy.

"I drank, lifted heavy things, then drank some more all night. Did you guys have fun too?"

Lothire
Jan 27, 2007

Tortured By Flan

Hager [Info/Quicklook]

The woman carries herself as a well worn soldier would. It bothers Hager somewhat; yet another member of the group who's all business. While the others - save his brother - don't seem interested in the worldly pleasures as he does, they at least seem not to mind when he indulges. Regardless, the events so far show clearly they are up against some interesting foes. More people on their side, the better. He raises two fingers to his forehead as his brother introduces them, a weak solute in greeting. One he can't quite remember where he learned from right now, his head still muggy from the nights activities.

"The mighty part means I'm strong. You need strength, I'm your man."

Lothire
Jan 27, 2007

Tortured By Flan

Hager [Info/Quicklook]

"I like the way that dwarf thinks." It wasn't really a choice for the two, since the dragon in the brother's minds wouldn't let them go back home anyways, but it's nice to know there's some money to be made. Hager enjoys saddling up his new horse companion, shaking off the weariness that plagued him moments ago. He's no stranger to the common work horse, though riding one is a bit of a rough trick he has yet to fully master. It takes a few minutes for him to get a proper feel for the creature, eventually the two seem to function adequately together.

After the young man explains himself, Hager comments; "Could be an interestin' man to meet, wouldn't you say brother? Someone who knows a thing or two about our dragon spawned adversary and his scruffy warband might shed some light on this whole ordeal."

Lothire fucked around with this message at 08:17 on Sep 10, 2014

Lothire
Jan 27, 2007

Tortured By Flan

Hager [Info/Quicklook]

Busy staring off into space, not much of the conversation is caught by Hager. Such is the reason for him being startled when Alethra and Jared break from the group at fierce speeds. "Wha- Uh, hey! Wait for me!"

Hager will try to catch up and keep pace with Alethra.

Lothire
Jan 27, 2007

Tortured By Flan

Hager [Info/Quicklook]

Hager soon sees the readied cultists in the distance - so that's what they've been charging at. "Look alive boys, we've come for a good time!" Leaping off of his horse has him soar through the air, crash landing directly into a cultist and crushing the life out of the man. As he scrambles to his feet, he meets the blade of another nearby cultist with his own, deftly parrying it aside and running him fully through.

Attacking / GWF if applicable: 2#1d20+5 12 / 24
Damage / GWF: 2#2d6+3 11 / 10

My horse will Dodge and get close enough for me to leap off it and fly into the line of bandits. GWF triggers, two men down.

Lothire
Jan 27, 2007

Tortured By Flan

Hager [Info/Quicklook]

Zedekiah had given them a word of surrender, and the transformed Janelle was being quite thoughtful despite her savage new form, but Hager was too busy working off the boredom of their trip so far to show such mercy. Seeing the Kobolds being well in hand in the distance, he sticks his blade into the ground (though stays always within reach of it). The last remaining cultist stumbles backwards into Hager, who smiles with vicious intent. "You'd been better off with her, pal."

The cultist tries valiantly to defend himself against Hager's assault, but the strength that powers his large blade still runs through his body. The man is brutalized by a series of punches and knee strikes honed by many brawls, with Hager's creative use of the greatsword's thick handle to inflict even greater damage.

Bones pop and crack as he employs various grapple techniques on an already weakened opponent. Should no one intervene soon, the cultist will certainly be killed.

Attacking / GWF: 2#1d20+5 16 7
Damage: 1#2d6+3 9

Anyone saying/shouting something to Hager will have him stop before killing the man. Otherwise, the cultist dies.

Lothire
Jan 27, 2007

Tortured By Flan

Hager [Info/Quicklook]

It's not unusual for Hager to let loose in these sort of situations. He's violent and brutish, but such scuffles had never been about killing. He clearly enjoys it, much like a boy playing a game. When the Mind-Dragon entered the brother's lives, the balance between playful rough house and murder was blurred. Now these brawls have become less about violent playtime and more about stress release, where the line that was once clearly respected now unpredictably wavers.

When Janelle growls Hager seems surprised. The man breaths weakly with Hager's arm locked around his neck from behind, squeezing far too tightly for just playing around. He immediately drops the man who coughs and wheezes dramatically. Hager had gone unintentionally too far in his rough housing. He's secretly embarrassed and ashamed for being called out.

"What?! I wasn't going to kill him! I'm just playing around.. See? He's fine!" He pats the cultist on the back as the others drag him to join the interrogation, trying his hardest to play it off as nothing with a goofy smile and his usual belly-driven laughter.

Janelle isn't fooled. Her time in the world has made her mind sharp. He was in control the whole time, that much was evident. Yet the primal intent to kill was significant, perhaps unnaturally so. Comparing his actions to the fights they had back in Greenest, he did not exhibit the kind of focus he had done previously.

Hager is quick to scoot away from the druid before any further dialogue can occur. For the next hour of rest, he remains close to his brother. Jared can sense he's a little shaken up, choosing to be uncharacteristically quiet for some time. He doesn't contribute much to the conversation of the group, choosing instead to go with whatever the others agree to do.

Lothire
Jan 27, 2007

Tortured By Flan

Hager [Info/Quicklook]

Hager appears in much better spirits as the group mounts and resumes their travel. It seems time with his brother was all that was needed for him to clear his head, despite Jared doing little but being near. He is a bit of an odd one that way, but had always been so.

From on top his horse, he nods at the strategy. Up until his brother is mentioned, which seems to sour his mood. "I ain't too keen on havin' my brother standin' out as an only thing to shoot, like some glowin' archery target. What if they advance on us and target him before we engage?" He looks to Jared with obvious concern.

Lothire
Jan 27, 2007

Tortured By Flan

Hager [Info/Quicklook]

With reluctance, Hager is swayed by them both. "Just.. Be keepin' yer head down, alright? I ain't losin' you to a bunch of dragon humpin' psychos!"

Though not thrilled about it, he's clearly eager now to put the plan into motion. Provided their wagon doesn't suffer any significant damage going off road while they set up for their strategy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lothire
Jan 27, 2007

Tortured By Flan

Hager [Info/Quicklook]

Hager trots about impatiently on his horse. It isn't the fact they're actually discussing tactics that upsets him - if anything, he's glad that the group has shaped up so quickly as to reach this level of conversation. Rather, time is a consideration in their quest. The more he isn't actively pursuing a goal, the more restless he gets, which might lead to something unfortunate if his focus wavers.

"If we go lookin' about for a spot to hold up behind, we still have the option of movin' past the group. Ain't no way to know for sure if'n we'll find a large enough rock to hide behind, or if Jared can get a decent bead with them so high up and movin' about. Should we not find what we're after, we could move on past the little creeps."

• Locked thread